What else do you want or what can I do?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been at this now, on the forum, for a year and half. I have seen countless swungs, offer tips, video and assistance. Since this forum is about the members, I am wondering what else you guys want from a teaching stand point. What can I do better or do more of. Please let me know because I want to make sure you guys are getting what you need from this forum.

Better? Not a lot. You are truly an amazing asset that people get help from every day. Not a day goes by that you do not impact a person and the game of golf. Not many people in the world can say that, but you can.

You light up a room at a THP Event. You help people to reach goals to enjoy the game more. You are truly amazing in this position.

If you are asking for input, which you are, and want some from me, well here goes. What about a bi-monthly or monthly tip. Something simple with a drill that you are seeing people struggle with. Use some pictures and video and go from there.

I know the members of this community you are helping will have better ideas than this and you have already done some of it already, but thought I would throw it out there. Something like THP Tip of The Month or thereabouts.

Tell me how to hit a knock down bender. I want to work a banana hook/slice low around a tree and looks like a boss.

I have been at this now, on the forum, for a year and half. I have seen countless swungs, offer tips, video and assistance. Since this forum is about the members, I am wondering what else you guys want from a teaching stand point. What can I do better or do more of. Please let me know because I want to make sure you guys are getting what you need from this forum.

I know I would love some bunker and green reading tips. Other than that you are awesome and wouldnt change anything.

Tell me how to hit a knock down bender. I want to work a banana hook/slice low around a tree and looks like a boss.

Your doppleganger O'Carroll has that shot down to a science. Just saying...heh

Your doppleganger O'Carroll has that shot down to a science. Just saying...heh

The difference is I want to be able to hit it on purpose.

As JB has said - better? That's hard to do.

But I'd love to see a series on tips/drills for putting, given my recent woes.

To echo along with what JB said, maybe a monthy video of how to play X shot. Something around the greens, maybe a course management tip etc. Something easy for you to knock out, and something we'll be able to put into our games pretty quickly if it's something we need.

Maybe some putting tips,drills or videos .Since its where I struggle alot in my game. I read all the tips you give the guys and apply them where my game would need them, however I really don't see alot of putting questions ask of you.

Keep them coming! Bunkers, low bender, green reading, monthly tips. Done and done!

Freddie, you do a great job of breaking down and advising on swings, I think what you do is great. I'd love to see some putting tips and drills if possible. You may have already done so, but I haven't seen them if you did.

Thanks Man!!

Freddie - It may feel like you have been there and done that, but remember it is fresh to every person who posts their own video for the first time. I wouldn't change a thing on that front. I also really like the Panda Thoughts. Really good stuff that I often find myself thinking about when I'm on the course.

Playing lessons with Freddie Kong videos.

You do a great job buddy and have helped quite a large number of members. I'd love to see some form of video with you showing what you are describing at times. Or just a drill of come sort.

I would like to see some decision making stuff, course strategy. Like a playing lesson, it would be cool to see why a good player chooses to hit certain shots. I feel like a lot of us high/mid caps make some really dumb decisions that bite us.

Thanks for all you do!

Freddie- you are the man. I love what you do for the people here. you are ridiculously generous and gracious with your time.

there has been a time or two I have been watching golf on TV and thought that a particular pro has an ugly swing. or somebody on tour has your favorite swing. I think it would be cool if you could pick a pro, maybe once a month, and show something they could improve on, or maybe a move they do that would be great for us amateurs.

you rock!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB's idea of a monthly/weekly tip is great

I want to learn how to not hit this shot... is this possible?

When people ask you deliver. I don't think you can do better on the advice.

What I think would be nice is a little video showing how to hit the shot. Time and availability might not work though.

Thanks for how you help all of us Freddie! I remember you doing some drill in your kitchen on video last year. It really helped me visualize what you were explaining to the person you were helping, so yes, I think many would benefit greatly from a video series, monthly, bi-weekly, whatever. Sand, Sand, Sand would help me personally too :alien:

JM

Like others have said. Some videos would be awesome.

I would love some videos on how to draw the ball (fade is my normal ball flight), or play a knockdown, or how to play different chip shots around the green.

I'm not sure there is something I could ask you to do better. The one area that I still need to spend more time on is putting (this is always true). It might be a bit much to ask, but what about a series around putting fundamentals?

You do a fantastic job, and have helped so many people. I don't know that you can do any better. Except for the monthly or bi-monthly tip, I like that :D You had mentioned the other day seeing a ton of people with alignment issues. Maybe use experiences like that to help spark ideas for these tips.

Better? Nothing.

I'd like to know how in the hell to hit a pitch shot from a sideways uphill lie that's wet and soggy.

#Hole15@TrueBlue

I'd like to start by thanking you for the advice you've already given me; It helped improve my game a lot!

I'd love to see me some Tadashi instructional videos! You have great way of breaking down aspects of the golf game, both in terms of golf swing as regarding the mental aspect. Maybe people can send you questions on swing mechanics or how to play certain shots, and you can pick one every month (of whenever you have time) and show how you handle those situations?

Before I even got through reading your first post, I thought: Videos. I'm not saying get elaborate with all sorts of editing and fancy graphics, but just quick 30-60 second videos on a drill or tip that people might be able to use without getting into the minutiae that would tailor something to one particular person. Think quick broad strokes like those short PGA/Titleist spots with the pro from whatever course they're at that week who look really uncomfortable in front of a camera. But, you know, without the awkwardness and dead eyed stare into the lens.

Hell, you could even pick a person you're playing with at a THP event and use them as your student while you tell them what to do with the camera rolling every once in a while if they're willing.

I would like you to face time call me every evening when I'm at the range for some real time swing help! Go big or go home right? :act-up:

In all seriousness though, the video idea I think is great. You could do one or more a month on topics requested by THP'ers. Or maybe a question and answer video series.

Back