THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

$179?! Really? SO pumped for the chance of being involved with this.

It doesn't involve making a flight either, so you're in good shape.

Let me say one thing here and we dont think it will be an issue (has not ever before in THP Events) about sandbagging. Being that it is a team event and handicaps are in play, but focused down due to structure of the formats, we dont suspect much will matter in this regard. However if it comes up known that there was something at play with regards to altered handicaps, you will not be invited back to another THP Event in the future and you could cost your team points.

I hate that you had to post that JB, but you never know what may happen in an event.

That being said, I will say with all honesty that I don't think anyone from either side who's expressed interest in taking part would do something like that. THP events are far more about the fun and camaraderie than the actual win IMO.

Let me say one thing here and we dont think it will be an issue (has not ever before in THP Events) about sandbagging. Being that it is a team event and handicaps are in play, but focused down due to structure of the formats, we dont suspect much will matter in this regard. However if it comes up known that there was something at play with regards to altered handicaps, you will not be invited back to another THP Event in the future and you could cost your team points.

love it, honor system is the best policy.

#outingapproved

I can't wait to see the details, it will be a great weekend.

GO NY/NJ !

First post updated

Love it! Great way to enter and it starts monday!

Love the formats as well!

Voting by a panel for MVP will be pretty cool should be a ton following along and watching the empire state crumble ;)

As you said, I don't think it will be an issue - especially with this format, lots of people have played with each other and knows their games. That said, if I find out anyone is screwing around with handicaps on team New England, there's going to be an unhappy captain. I'm a competitive person, but sandbagging breaks probably 3 rules in this list - http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...5-The-THP-Event-Rules-Thread-Bring-On-The-Fun.

I absolutely love the formats. Best ball finish for 9 holes is going to be a fun one, and I'm a huge fan of alt shot.

The formats are perfect. Can't wait to throw my name in the ring for this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the formats and cant wait for next week for the first part of sign ups!!

I am so hyped for this event. The 15th can't get here soon enough for the signups.

great format, will test skill and nerves of all involved. will be signing up for sure !!!!!! go NY/NJ

The format is definitely going to be exciting. I like the idea of having to start a thread as an entry. It's a good way to get everyone involved. Can't wait for sign ups!

Love the formats, it will be a lot of fun!

As you said, I don't think it will be an issue - especially with this format, lots of people have played with each other and knows their games. That said, if I find out anyone is screwing around with handicaps on team New England, there's going to be an unhappy captain. I'm a competitive person, but sandbagging breaks probably 3 rules in this list - http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...5-The-THP-Event-Rules-Thread-Bring-On-The-Fun.

yeah, especially the Richard one.

oh and btw, I'm a 36 hdcp now :alien:

I've got butterflies and chills from revisiting the first post.
I wont be home for this Holiday weekend but this is very Presidential and going to have make sure I tune in on Monday morning for signups.

I'll be tossing my name in the hat next Monday for sure this sounds awesome and I want a chance to represent NY/NJ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

entry is 1 week away, and then the 2 weeks of agonizing over captain picks.

entry is 1 week away, and then the 2 weeks of agonizing over captain picks.

I would go with whoever makes you the best pie.

I would go with whoever makes you the best pie.

after a couple of relaxed weeks, pie isn't on the menu. I have my own system, nothing fancy, plain old cash.

Question for the Captains:

Do you expect to use the entire two weeks to make your picks constantly tweaking and changing or a quick here are my three picks and sticking with that decision?

Really excited to read all the details and the formats. I'll be throwing my hat in for sure.

Great update, can't wait until next Monday!

Back