Cleveland Smart Sole 2.0 Wedge Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Cleveland® Golf, an industry leader in wedges for more than 30 years, is pleased to announce the introduction of two new super game-improvement wedges, the Smart Sole™ 2.0 C wedge and the Smart Sole 2.0 S wedge. Designed for men and women golfers to help remove stress from their short game, the new Smart Sole 2.0 wedges feature Cleveland Golf’s widest wedge sole, engineered for smooth turf interaction which promotes cleaner contact for increased consistency from every lie around the green.

The Smart Sole 2.0 C wedge helps eliminate the chunked wedge. The design of the Smart Sole 2.0 C wedge promotes proper short game technique, while encouraging crisper, more consistent greenside chips with easier control of launch and distance. The Smart Sole 2.0 S wedge will help eliminate the embarrassment of being stuck in the bunker. The Smart Sole 2.0 S wedge features a forgiving sole with optimal loft and shape to promote more solid contact and easier launch out of bunkers. The Smart Sole 2.0 wedges are only offered in a premium Black Satin finish, which reduces glare and creates contrast between the ball and wedge for better alignment. The Smart Sole 2.0 wedges feature an improved Feel Plaque which dampens vibration while helping to relocate more of the weight around the perimeter of the club for increased forgiveness and greater consistency on all shots.

The new Smart Sole 2.0 wedges will carry a MAP price of $109.99 (steel shaft) and $119.99 (graphite shaft). The Smart Sole 2.0 wedges will be available for pre-booking on Friday, September 4, 2015, and will launch in North America on Friday, September 18, 2015. For additional information on the Smart Sole 2.0 wedges, please visit Smart Sole 2.0 C Wedge and Smart Sole 2.0 S Wedge.

s-lrg-hero-L.png

s-lrg-money-L.png

s-lrg-toe-L.png

money-L.png

address-L.png

Got one for my mom and she loved it. Really a great teaching club I found.

Was wondering if they were going to update these anytime soon.

I think I like the looks of this one better than the previous.

Woah, chunky loving.

I have to be honest, I have a hard time getting past the looks.

Not to be a naysayer as I LOVE Cleveland/Srixon, but did the original Smart Sole wedges do well enough to really warrant an updated release? I mean, I still have the C wedge and I literally can't give that thing away to anyone.

throw it up here for free. I'm sure someone will take it off your hands.

• Admin
Not to be a naysayer as I LOVE Cleveland/Srixon, but did the original Smart Sole wedges do well enough to really warrant an updated release? I mean, I still have the C wedge and I literally can't give that thing away to anyone.

Yes it did actually.
Every 2 years release schedule.
Each year they release a players wedge or their Smart design. Been that way for close to 6 years now.

It must've done well enough to warrant a copy (Tour Edge 1Out). The black is nice, and matches their new iron line.

I've looked at them, and pondered them, but the 58* TM ATV wedge seems to work fine for me so I'll stick with it.

Ooh in black. I've been meaning to pick up the first version of the smart sole, so easy to hit and get good results.

jB. Will Thp be doing any user testing on these? Would love to compare them to my current SS S and SS C v1.

jB. Will Thp be doing any user testing on these? Would love to compare them to my current SS S and SS C v1.

Yes we possibly will be.

Take my money!!!!!

Or maybe be a tester for THP!!!!

Love the new black look of these! Was really intrigued with the first ones and the looks of these i prefer. Might have to find one to demo soon.

I'm assuming a 32.25" shaft length on Cleveland's site for the Smart Sole S is a typo right ? I like a 34" wedge but 32" might be pushing it.

I'm assuming a 32.25" shaft length on Cleveland's site for the Smart Sole S is a typo right ? I like a 34" wedge but 32" might be pushing it.

The S is 35 not 32.

Love the black look. Stealthy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will fit in great with the Cleveland Black Irons, maybe thats why they went to black as that is the only colour irons they have now.

I still have my original S wedge in my bag and love it! Not sure how they could improve on it but I would be willing to give it a try.

The C still has a bit of an odd look to me, but the S is fairly straight forward/traditional looking and I love the finish, I'll have to give it a swing!

Now that these are in the stores if anyone is considering one, Dicks Sporting Goods is having an online sale. 20% off 1 item with free shipping. Takes the price down to $87 on the Steel shafted ones.

Back