How do you store your golf shirts?

brianmk24

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been folding my golf polos and putting them on the shelf in my closet. I've recently ordered entirely too many new ones thanks to a few sales and there are going to be too many to pile comfortably.

What do you do with your shirts? Fold or hang? And if you hang them, what kind of hangers do you use to avoid the dreaded hanger bumps/shoulder nipples?

I hang mine with normal plastic hangers and never get bumps on the shoulders from the hangers. I use the straight kind though, and not the ladies hangers with the notches for strapped shirts (or whatever they are called).

I use this kind:

61NXpSbfEPL._SX522_.jpg

Not this kind:

25-401.jpg

Wooden Hangers only.

I use regular hangers. With the modern fabrics I don't think I've ever seen hanger bumps on the shoulders. Used to see that time to time in my old cotton shirts.

I use regular hangers. With the modern fabrics I don't think I've ever seen hanger bumps on the shoulders. Used to see that time to time in my old cotton shirts.
I do the same, plastic regular hangers. No more bumps at the shoulders, unless the shirt is cotton and it was hung on the hanger wet.

Hang mine on the same hangers that -CRW- posted above.

Hangers for mine...wife complains I have more clothes than she does.

Plastic hangers for me.

The extra wide hangers from the cleaners.

JM

No wire hangers...

Wooden hangers for me at well.

Plastic hangers on them all

Folded in a drawer with the rest of my golf shirts. wish i had more closet space to hang though

Just the plastic one like the photo posted, ive never had the shoulder bumps.

Hung on wire hangers, I'm cheap and plastic hangers take up too much space. I don't have a problem with the hanger marks on performance shirts.

Do you iron your shirts before wear?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

All shirts are hung on wooden hangers by color facing left.

Always on a hanger for me. The only shirts I fold are my uniform undershirts and tank tops!

I hang mine with normal plastic hangers and never get bumps on the shoulders from the hangers. I use the straight kind though, and not the ladies hangers with the notches for strapped shirts (or whatever they are called).

I use this kind:

61NXpSbfEPL._SX522_.jpg

Same for me.

Kinda the same. I have one of these, though, so I face the ones on the left, to the right and the ones on the right, to the left! I have way more clothes hanging in mine than what's shown in this photo though!

closet-organizer-systems-walmart.jpg

I'm happy to hear that the (new) perfomance material won't get the dreaded shoulder bumps.

Hung on wire hangers, I'm cheap and plastic hangers take up too much space. I don't have a problem with the hanger marks on performance shirts.

Do you iron your shirts before wear?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I don't iron button-down shirts!

All of mine face left as well. I organize them ROYGBIV when I feel like organizing my closet.

I'm all for organization, but this won't be going on in my closet unless you guys show up!

Back