Precision Pro Nexus Laser Rangefinder - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
UPDATE: THP Full Review can be found here.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/precision-pro-nexus-laser-rangefinder-review/

In for review is a rangefinder from Precision Pro called Nexus. Really comfortable to hold and has some nice specs to it. Priced at 199 it offers some good features at a more budget friendly price. Been using it for a week now and am pretty impressed with it overall.

Has two modes. One is a target lock, which locks on the flag and gives you the distance. The other is a pan and scan mode where you will get readings on anything you laser. That mode tends to give you quicker readings.

Specs:

• 400 Yard Range
  • 1/10 Yard Measurements
  • Accurate +/- 1 Yard
  • Advanced Target Lock Function
  • Scanning Function
  • 6X Magnification
  • Tournament Legal
  • 1 Year Warranty

IMG_20151112_181026-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181041-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181115-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181126-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181156-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181247-L.jpg

IMG_20151112_181258-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So cool that it's THP colors! Price point is good compared to some other competitors as well.

Looking forward to your long term feedback on this one Dean. I was impressed with it, especially for the price.

Love the look/design and that price point can't be beat!

Looks decent and appears to have good ergonomics. Pretty solid price point if it performs well.

• Staff
Looking forward to your long term feedback on this one Dean. I was impressed with it, especially for the price.

it worked pretty well and the readings were practically identical to the Bushnell's in our group. The Bushnell was a little faster in picking up the numbers, but nothing crazy slow. The more I used it the more I got a system with it. Let the flag indicator blink, then tap the button again and the readout was right there.

• Staff
So cool that it's THP colors! Price point is good compared to some other competitors as well.

colors are perfect for THP

Looks decent and appears to have good ergonomics. Pretty solid price point if it performs well.

really comfortable to hold in hand. They got the form factor right.

it worked pretty well and the readings were practically identical to the Bushnell's in our group. The Bushnell was a little faster in picking up the numbers, but nothing crazy slow. The more I used it the more I got a system with it. Let the flag indicator blink, then tap the button again and the readout was right there.

I struggled a bit to get the readings as fast as you did, but I'm also quite spoiled by my Tour X. The Tour X was faster but that's not to call the Pro Nexus slow. You were getting readings pretty quickly once you got used to it.

The pan and scan mode sounds cool

I struggled a bit to get the readings as fast as you did, but I'm also quite spoiled by my Tour X. The Tour X was faster but that's not to call the Pro Nexus slow. You were getting readings pretty quickly once you got used to it.

coming from a bushnell it did operate differently. Speed wasn't bad, wasn't as fast as the Bushnell, but once you get the hand of it it was all good. BTW much better than the other measuring device I was using.

Love the colors. Can't believe I didn't tinker with this last weekend.

Seems like a reasonable price though for a product that is accurate but a little slower. I have a Garmin G7 which I love but rangefinders have always intrigued me but never tried one, this might lure me in next spring to try.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Really like the colors of this one and it's at a pretty great starting price. Not sure if it'd be an upgrade from my V3. Pan and scan mode seems interesting though! Looking forward to thoughts.

Man it seeks to me like their are a decent amount of these cheaper options coming out.. Maybe I only really noticed a few brands before, but it seems like more and more these units around 200 are coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man it seeks to me like their are a decent amount of these cheaper options coming out.. Maybe I only really noticed a few brands before, but it seems like more and more these units around 200 are coming out

I think the same way and I like that. Took a quick look on budgetgolf and there are a bunch of options in this price range. You can go for the Cadillac of rangefinders with the Tour X. Or something that just works without all the different options. It's good for us consumers.

Absolutely it is. I am not in the market, but if I was, I would be looking very hard at options in this price range.

Pan and scan sounds good,love the thp green . Seems like a pretty decent finder.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

oh one thing I wanted to mentioned that is not present on my current V2 that I've been using for 2 years. This one does have a battery level indicator. That is a huge thing to me. It bothers me so much when I get to the course, pull out my rangefinder only to see that the battery is dead w/o warning.

Sounds like the performance is a little slower than the best rangefinders which is what I've experienced when demoing cheaper rangefinders. I wonder how many they will sell when you can get a faster, top performance rangefinder like a Callaway(Nikon) 300, Leopold GX1i2, or Bushnell Tour V3 for only about $50-60 more.

Pan and scan sounds like a nice feature.
Having a battery life indicator is huge!

Who hates when the battery is dead on his rangefinder and he had no idea a dead battery is right around the corner?

Based on your initial thoughts, this sounds like a pretty solid rangefinder at a great pricepoint.

Great job here Dean! The review covered all questions I would have had and this is without question a fantastic deal at $199 especially when considering you may be able to find it on sale even cheaper. Glad to see it also had strong ergonomics as that has become more popular with golfers as these evolve.

Great review Dean, seems like a very all around solid option and a wonderful price and gives the average golfer just about everything that is needed.

Back