What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have absolutely no excuse, because I practice my short game way more than anything haha. I just kept blading my wedges in the 50y and in range, which I never do. But yes, golf is frustrating! Haha. At least I had a good time
Stop giving me flashbacks! Par 5 this afternoon, perfect drive down the center followed by a 3hy leaving me 50yds in. Total blade over the back into the trees and lost ball lol. Fml

Still struggling off the tee, its killing me right now

45/43 = 88

tonight was one of those nights...went out and rushed trying to get 9 in before the rain and never got anything going...probably one of the worst 9 hole rounds all year, maybe in 2 years...struggled off the tee and scrambled on every hole...no idea what I shot, turned into a practice round. My swing just wasn't there tonight...I'll get to the range and get it straightened out this weekend though! #Shortmemory

I started lost ball bogey, lost ball triple, bogey, lost ball double--while I'm pretty sure my opponent cheated on holes 2 and 3, and I decided he wasn't going to win another hole, so I threw a par-birdie-par-birdie finish on him to win my match. After the disaster of a start, I shot 44.

I started lost ball bogey, lost ball triple, bogey, lost ball double--while I'm pretty sure my opponent cheated on holes 2 and 3, and I decided he wasn't going to win another hole, so I threw a par-birdie-par-birdie finish on him to win my match. After the disaster of a start, I shot 44.

That's the way to rise up Pete! :starwars:

89 at True blue. Didn't putt really well which really hurt me and had 2 really dumb penalties. But hit a few decent shots which was nice for a change

89 at True blue. Didn't putt really well which really hurt me and had 2 really dumb penalties. But hit a few decent shots which was nice for a change

So so so so so jealous of you right now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 + 44= 86. Ball striking was terrible, was lucky to score as well as I did. Only good stat was no 3 putts to blame on the 4 double bogeys. I hate to bogy a par 5, today I double bogey the easiest par 5 on the course! As charles Barkley would say - terrible just terrible.

9 hole league, par 36, shot 41 with 3 each 3 putt greens, all 3 were bogeys

Shot a 39 in league tonight. Really struggle from the tee box but the course was open to the right. I had sharp wedges tonight which is rare for me. 1 bogey, 1 birdie, 6 pars and a triple.

Shot a 42 in my league. Greens were really slow and couldn't get myself to hit putts hard enough. Driving was really good and had a lots of birdie opportunities, so taking those as positives from the round.

Played a sneaky 12 at my new club and to be honest the scores were ok but nothing to write down - nice way to get to know a few of the holes

Shot an 81 yesterday at "The Bear" just outside Traverse City. Its obviously a Nicklaus course, by evidence of the name and I think it's slope rating is like 145 or so. Needless to say with my skill level I was really satisfied with the round.

I could come here and say I shot even par last night after work, and I did, actually, but I only hit six balls before a storm of near-epic proportions broke loose and we had to run for our lives back to the clubhouse. I haven't seen rain like that in a while.

45 in league last night. Putting really let me down the most. I just couldn't get used to the speed out there. On shorter ones, I was catching a lot of edges and lipping out. On the first, I firmed one right against the back of the cup, right in the center and it popped out. Really frustrating night after not being able to swing a club all week.

Picked up my new XR irons from the fitter yesterday and went out for 9 this morning before work. Shot a PB 40! Went par,par, double(penalty OB in a creek), par, double(flubbed 2 sand shots), bogey, par, par, par. Went to post it in the computer in the club house and the computer asked "are you sure, this score is lower than usual" :laugh:

Black Bear, NJ. Shot a personal best for this course of 81, even moving back a tee too. Counted on one hand the duff shots I had, was deadly with all my hybrids today, bullet straight and long. Happy camper!

This game is really starting to stress me out. Shot an awful 40/45-85 yesterday. Was -1 through 5 holes then the wheels fell off. Still hit 9 fairways and 9 greens but had 5 doubles in between. I think it would be smart to focus on having fun again. Putting too much pressure on myself

I broke 80 for the second time this year with another 40/39 = 79. :bananadance: It could & should actually been a few strokes better as I had 4 birdies with my round but also had a few 3 putts in the mix.... I'm trending towards some good stuff for Savannah next month :thumb:

Black Bear, NJ. Shot a personal best for this course of 81, even moving back a tee too. Counted on one hand the duff shots I had, was deadly with all my hybrids today, bullet straight and long. Happy camper!

Great job BM! :bomb::clapp:

I broke 80 for the second time this year with another 40/39 = 79. :bananadance: It could & should actually been a few strokes better as I had 4 birdies with my round but also had a few 3 putts in the mix.... I'm trending towards some good stuff for Savannah next month :thumb:

Thats great that, nice one! Always good to break the 80 barrier. I did it once and then had two more in a row three weeks later. I've now done it 8 times and each one just feels great. As you say every time its done you feel as if it could of been a little better, this is what makes you want to get better because you know you can.

I'm always setting little goals for myself but don't really push myself to make them, I just let it happen, had a round with no doubles the other week, just pars and bogeys, first time I've done that, currently aiming for averaging scoring 3 on my par 3's, only .80 strokes from doing it.

Little goals, big all-round improvements :)

Picked up my new XR irons from the fitter yesterday and went out for 9 this morning before work. Shot a PB 40! Went par,par, double(penalty OB in a creek), par, double(flubbed 2 sand shots), bogey, par, par, par. Went to post it in the computer in the club house and the computer asked "are you sure, this score is lower than usual" :laugh:

I love that message. Doesn't happen often....

39-39 = 78 again. Only difference today is this was with an all Srixon/Cleveland bag!!! (Except the putter) the 945's were phenomenal as expected as was the 525 driver. Very pleased.

First 9 Holes With The New Mizunos (MP-15)

Kellogg GC - Executive 9

2900 yds (blue tees)

I only used irons today. I played 50/50 golf where I divided the par 4 hole distances by 2 and used an iron off of the tee that should go that distance. i.e. A 320 yd hole should be (2) 7 irons for me.

Shot a 39 (+4). And by coincidence (not) , I missed 4 greens. :banghead:

fVV8cp2.png

As for the Mizunos. Wow. What a totally different feel and flight. They have the same shaft as my Hogans (DG S300) but they feel a bit more whippy (even though they are 1" shorter). The trajectory is quite a bit higher but the distances were very close. I hit a couple that felt high on the face that kind of floated out that I thought were going to just fall out of the sky, but when I got to them they were better than I thought they would be. The short to mid irons that I hit solidly climbed beautifully, carried well and dropped like a sand bag.

My favorite shot was the tee ball on a 480 yd par 5 that has a 210 carry over a pond. I felt that I could carry the 210 with a 3 iron and a 5-10 mph breeze at my back, but I would have to hit it solidly. I did, carried it easily, and when I walked it off with my GPS it had rolled out to 232 on level ground. I smiled.

I'm very pleased with the Mizunos, with only one concern. That is spin. There was very little wind today and I hit a couple that seemed to have a little too much spin. I actually backed up a 6 iron from 172 on one hole that was into a puff of breeze. That makes me a bit nervous should I get out in some serious wind. But all-in-all I'm looking forward to playing these for several more rounds. The feel is outstanding when you hit one in the center and the mishits are nowhere near as punishing as I expected. If I need to go to a stiffer shaft to get the spin down I may do that. The heads on these clubs are gorgeous.

Last edited:
I shot a 91 today at a new course for me. Not great, but since my swing was totally overhauled by lessons this year, I will take it. Distance still has some work but 11/14 fairway's kept me in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back