What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 36 today. 87 then 82. Bad ball striking and bad chipping

36 for me today on a course I've never played.

74 and 76. Fun course but wow there were some tough holes

38. Torn left calf and all.

My mind just wasnt in the game today, not sure why i just wasnt caring lol. So ended with a 85. Swing was all over the place and coming from playing in a pro tournament last week with lightning fast greens to our course ones that had just been vertidrained it was a bit of getting used to, in the end my putting was good but it was getting there that was lacking today.
Got to try my bio cell+ 3 wood today that i brought the other day. First hit bombed down the middle then second time same result, then a couple of hooks but that was from lazy swings.

I shot 76(39, 37) today at my home course after they verticut the greens the day before. The greens were unpredictable as far as speed goes, but I played well today. I ditched the 3 and 4 hybrids and went back to the OG 3 and 4 irons. My game has improved on those tight par 4's and I'm not playing from the rough since switching the hybrids for the irons. Also, I'm teeing the ball up a bit higher w/ my driver, using a wider stance, and swinging up on the ball. I'm making solid contact and seeing the real potential of the Cobra FlyZ+ driver.

Played RedTail on Thursday. Great day and great conditions. 42/44 which was great considering I almost passed out on 15. I only posted this now as I have been in bed with the flu since I played that round. The last couple of holes I was just struggling to stand up. But was worth it.

Played 9 at my old homecourse. I played great, really. But I didn't have fun, was annoyed about the amount of ballmarks, the quality of the greens and the lack of grass on the fairways. To give you an idea: I repaired 117 ballmarks on 9 greens.

Somehow I managed three birdies. But had two bogeys too.
-1 34, the course is a CR67.8/SI121 and I did play the easier loop.

Preface......the putter I used today is in the marketplace....go BUY it!

Frustrating day for me....played pretty damn well tee to green but putting was ATROCIOUS.

44-43/87 (started on 15 in a shotgun)
8/14 FW
10/18 GIR
40 putts (5 3 jacks)

Quad, triple, and 3 doubles. 1 birdie.

Told myself I wasn't going to play scared today and I did that until the 6th hole where I was in a greenside par 3 trap. Sad is iffy at best and I tried to pick it clean and get cute with it instead of trusting a normal bunker shot. Well it was soft enough that hitting right behind the ball completely buried the head and the ball went almost nowhere. I did that 3 effin times en route to a quad where I'm pin high in a trap off the tee. Absolutely moronic and lesson learned.

Rolled in a 40 footer for birdie on a par 3 which may stand as a nice skin...will know tomorrow AM. Didn't hang around to see scores posted but guessing I'm 6-8 behind first in my flight. I have to shoot something in the 78-81 range to stand a chance at placing me thinks. M1 back in play tomorrow for the putting and really feel I can post a good score with how well my irons are right now.

Shot 38/42-80 today. Really struggled on and around the greens today. Missed so many putts from 5-10 feet. Back 9 was a fight all around. Could have been much worse though.

Played Rarity Bay today, just outside Loudon, TN, and shot a 91....

3 putt bogey, par, double, bogey, three putt bogey, double, bogey, bogey. My front 9. 9 pars on the back to finish with 82. What a round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 putt bogey, par, double, bogey, three putt bogey, double, bogey, bogey. My front 9. 9 pars on the back to finish with 82. What a round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Way to turn it around

36/38 - 74. Great ballstriking day for me, had 1 penalty stroke on the back nine after pulling a drive into the woods.

Got out this morning and shot a 42/40 for an 82 today. Iron striking was better today, but was not great with the woods.

Shot a personal best 40/42 = 82. I birdied both par 3s on the front 9 (one was a one hop chip in). Hit a ton of fairways and only 2 3-putts. The 70s were in sight but I had a couple of crap putts inside 10 feet.

Shot a personal best 40/42 = 82. I birdied both par 3s on the front 9 (one was a one hop chip in). Hit a ton of fairways and only 2 3-putts. The 70s were in sight but I had a couple of crap putts inside 10 feet.
Congrats on PB!

Way to go dude!!! Love me some PB posts!

Congrats on the pb

Played 36 today at shoal creek and shot a 100 and an 88. The first round was 54/46 and the second was 47/41, so I improved quite a bit on both back 9s. Driver was missing for most of the first round, but by the end of the 2nd round, it was working rather well for me. Irons and hybrids continue to be money for me, wedge game was hit or miss, and putting wasn't helping me much. Overall there are some positives but a lot of things to work on still.

After a couple of brutal 9s, I finally sorted out my hitch on the back nine today, and managed to shoot 37/35 for a +2 72. Played one of the older, more storied Country Clubs in Cincinnati and had an absolute blast experiencing a course built in the late 1920's. The course has two 18s, and in this case we played the 18 that recently had a three hole renovation and turned out great.

My favourite hole was the 18th. The clubhouse in the background is really a sight to behold after turning the corner off the tee. Textbook old school.

2504e62319347656602884beb57f5856.jpg

Clovernook?

After a couple of brutal 9s, I finally sorted out my hitch on the back nine today, and managed to shoot 37/35 for a +2 72. Played one of the older, more storied Country Clubs in Cincinnati and had an absolute blast experiencing a course built in the late 1920's. The course has two 18s, and in this case we played the 18 that recently had a three hole renovation and turned out great.

My favourite hole was the 18th. The clubhouse in the background is really a sight to behold after turning the corner off the tee. Textbook old school.

2504e62319347656602884beb57f5856.jpg
Course looks awesome!

Shot 72 (36-36) with dcbrad, tyno, and grins today. Had an absolute blast great guys to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back