New Wilson FG Tour 100 Irons

I just picked up a used set of the Tour 100's with DGX100's in very good condition on eBay for $350 shipped! My plan is to play the 8-PW or maybe 7-PW and keep my 4-6 FG V2's.
d8ca34da788155c53eccf82c757579fc.jpg
Hit 'em well. They really are just stunning.

I just picked up a used set of the Tour 100's with DGX100's in very good condition on eBay for $350 shipped! My plan is to play the 8-PW or maybe 7-PW and keep my 4-6 FG V2's.
d8ca34da788155c53eccf82c757579fc.jpg
Wow, those are gorgeous. I wish I had enough game to play clubs like that.

I finally got these out on the range today and they seem forgiving enough in the shorter irons to make it into my bag. The x100's are a little harsher than my KBS Tours but they are also more accurate on my misses.

I wish I had the game for them, because they're beautiful.

But honestly, even if I had the game, blades are more a novelty than anything nowadays to me.

If I had the game to play ANY iron I wanted, it would be these. The most beautiful irons I have seen in a very very very long time.

If I had the game to play ANY iron I wanted, it would be these. The most beautiful irons I have seen in a very very very long time.

I'm right there with you dude! And quite honestly I'm still considering it.

I'm right there with you dude! And quite honestly I'm still considering it.

Agreed. If I ever find a set for a deal, it may be one of those things i just say eff it and do just because. So pretty.

Agreed. If I ever find a set for a deal, it may be one of those things i just say eff it and do just because. So pretty.

I know a couple THPers that can get you a set brand new for $699

I know a couple THPers that can get you a set brand new for $699

ENABLER! LOL!

Seriously (hehe) though, it'll happen eventually. Just freaking gorgeous, I'd shoot a 1000 on the course with them, but they're so damn pretty.

ENABLER! LOL!

Seriously (hehe) though, it'll happen eventually. Just freaking gorgeous, I'd shoot a 1000 on the course with them, but they're so damn pretty.

Haha I have played mb irons before and it wasn't that bad. I would love to split a set of 100's and V4's

Haha I have played mb irons before and it wasn't that bad. I would love to split a set of 100's and V4's

I must get time with the V4's.

Damn all I can do is stare at these. They are better looking in person! And feel sweet coming off the face, but as expected penal if you miss.

Damn all I can do is stare at these. They are better looking in person! And feel sweet coming off the face, but as expected penal if you miss.
Such great looking irons. I'd love to game them for #THPLegacy, but they don't have the forgiveness i need in the mid and long irons. Put the 8 thru GW in, as part of a combo set; that would be sweet.

I've had mine for a few weeks...they set up to the ball so ideally for me, and the response back to my hands on each hit is exceptional.

I've had mine for a few weeks...they set up to the ball so ideally for me, and the response back to my hands on each hit is exceptional.
Have you played blades in the past? If how do these compare?

Have you played blades in the past? If how do these compare?

I played several different staff iron sets as a junior through college player in the 60'-70's and a set of custom Scotch blades after that for many years. I haven't played much golf for the last 20 years. I find these reminiscent of the early staff blades as I look down at them but the bounce is much more forgiving and they have such solid yet soft feel to them...not as "metallic" or "clicky" if you know what I mean, even with today's balls.

Wilson makes some of the best looking blades ever. And they are 100% blades with small sweet spot and sharp lines. If I could still play them, I would.

Wilson makes some of the best looking blades ever. And they are 100% blades with small sweet spot and sharp lines. If I could still play them, I would.

Point well taken bro! A pipe dream if you will.

Arguable the best looking blade ever.

Can any one advise on the feel off the club? Assuming its forged?

Feel like butter?

Can any one advise on the feel off the club? Assuming its forged?

Feel like butter?

The feel like a forged blade. Well struck shots are rewarded with that "buttery" feel. These are a little lager profile than the blades I'm currently gaming. So for me they have a little bit larger sweet spot. However I'm sure you're aware that any miss with these will show up as a miss. Aesthetically they are stunning IMO.

Back