Boy you weren't kidding about the crux on dry lanes.

It was useless. Wouldn't turn and hit like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. The cover and core are both very strong, so it tends to burn up in the front of the lane. It gives people the appearance of "man, the lanes are so oily it won't even hook." In reality, it has just used up all of its energy in the first 15' and has nothing left on the backend. Ends up in a lot of 10 pin, 7 pin, 5 pin, and splits; if you even get it to the pocket, because it has no drive.

Yeah. The cover and core are both very strong, so it tends to burn up in the front of the lane. It gives people the appearance of "man, the lanes are so oily it won't even hook." In reality, it has just used up all of its energy in the first 15' and has nothing left on the backend. Ends up in a lot of 10 pin, 7 pin, 5 pin, and splits; if you even get it to the pocket, because it has no drive.

Spot on. First three balls ere perfect pocket hits and two left 10 pins . After even more wear on the lanes by the end of the game it wouldn't react at all.

Bowling

I had 257-259-188-704 last night. The lanes started hooking a ton in the third game. I had a couple splits before I got smart and moved

Last edited:
One of my best series in a long time last night. 172,263,221. Started with 7 straight in the second game and left a hammered pocket 9 pin. The freaking 9 pin lol.

Solid team night too. Took all 7 points!

One of my best series in a long time last night. 172,263,221. Started with 7 straight in the second game and left a hammered pocket 9 pin. The freaking 9 pin lol.

Solid team night too. Took all 7 points!
That makes for a good night. Nice bowling.

So I stumbled into a neat project.

The local bowling alley used Quibica and they're looking to update their monitors since they're so costly to repair now that AMF owns Quibica.

Talk about some old tech man.

Quibica used what I believe is a propriety hookup for their video, they call it VDB 96 (there's a 94 and 98 but thris system is 96)

If it was the VDB 98 there would be no issue, but older than that and the horizontal scan rate is 15khz, modern TVs are 30khz so we had to find a converter, luckily old arcade games are the same way, they use a 15khz horizontal scan rate, and a company is in Omaha.

We got the converter and it works, kind of, picture but no color, the new TVs the owner got have like hybrid composite/component Jacks, and for whatever reason we lose color when we use them. Older TVs with just composite Jacks work fine, but newer ones result in a black and white picture.

The company also makes a convertor to HDMI which should arrive today, test it tonight. Hopefully it works if not... It could get interesting.

All just to replace old CRT screens to LCD.

AMF wants something like 4k a lane to upgrade, ridiculous.

Also the whole thing is run on a computer with Windows XP, AMF wants like 5k to get a new computer. Ridiculous.

As long as it's not connected to the Internet and no updates are done it'll be fine. Until the computer crashes.

Went 238, 169, 194 for 601. Just couldn't get anything going. 2nd game I left 2 seven pins and 6 ten pins. 3rd game wasn't much better. We skipped league last week for Halloween, for some stupid reason. I think that killed my rhythm I had. Also, don't eat a bunch of bacon right before you leave the house. My fingers were swollen like crazy in that 90 degree bowling alley.

Well the TV was in color, but there was a small issue.

So it works, and if push came to show they would work with it, but we're going to try one more thing before we settle.

Lol..I'm already disgusted, got new thumb "it" & had him leave it snug, well its been in a warm house. 1st practice ball it falls off into gutter.

Oh that sucks.

Also new shoes... You shouldn't wear them for the first time on league night.

Well I bought a Storm Hyroad, 1st he changed thumb pitch some & I stay in & behind the ball better. And WOW, that ball was moving, more aggressive than I thought. Only 561 but with it I went 202 & 191. But I got tired last game swinging it. Lol

Storm Hy-road is a good ball.

Lol..I'm already disgusted, got new thumb "it" & had him leave it snug, well its been in a warm house. 1st practice ball it falls off into gutter.

Never was a huge fan of the IT system. Love the switch grip, though I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of them when they first came out. After some changes in the design, I just preferred the simplicity of the SG.

Pace was sooooooooo slow tonight. Took 3 hours to finish. After the first game I just couldn't get into a rhythm and it showed. Four chops of a 6 10 pickup doesn't help either

Pace was sooooooooo slow tonight. Took 3 hours to finish. After the first game I just couldn't get into a rhythm and it showed. Four chops of a 6 10 pickup doesn't help either

Slow bowling does the same to me as slow golf. I can't stand it!!

Oh, was online & just kind of looking @ balls. .. then realized WHY the new ball was strong. .lmao. .I bought the solid, not the pearl Hy-road I meant to. .HAHA

I like the look of the new Motiv Forza. Says it's good for medium oil, with good back end movement.

Threw a 162 - 162 - 181 on Wednesday. Average might come back down again. lol

Just got my first Motiv ball a few weeks ago...the covert revolt. I really like it and have been considering other motiv balls. The Forza is sweet and the venom stands out to me as well.

I bowled in a league for the 1st time in 2012. My buddy gave me one of his balls and I had it drilled to fit me. Then he showed me the basics. Over the course of the league, my average went from 145 to 187, and the last 4 of 5 nights I bowled 600+ series.

I quit after that 1st league and never looked back (although my buddies will have me sub every now and then).

I realized that to get to that next level, I'd have to make certain investments (accessories, a spare ball, PRACTICE, etc...). I didn't want anything like that to compete with golf!! If I'm going to spend money (piss away money per my wife - lol), it's going to be on golf, not bowling.

Bowling was fun, especially when drinking and hanging with fun people. But I just could never bring myself to care about it the way I do with golf...

It was BRUTAL

Just got my first Motiv ball a few weeks ago...the covert revolt. I really like it and have been considering other motiv balls. The Forza is sweet and the venom stands out to me as well.
I have a Raptor Talon from two years ago, and it's still my primary ball. The Forza might end up in the rotation before the end of the season though.

Had a personal best night tonight. Went 197 257(pb) 183 for a 637 which is not only my first 600 series of the season but my best series ever.

Had a personal best night tonight. Went 197 257(pb) 183 for a 637 which is not only my first 600 series of the season but my best series ever.
Awesome and congrats

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Awesome and congrats

Thanks! I had been showing signs of improvement. Last week I went 234 180 160 so it's just a matter of being more consistent.

Thanks! I had been showing signs of improvement. Last week I went 234 180 160 so it's just a matter of being more consistent.
A couple more spares a game and you are at 650 series :)

I bowled last week for the first time since my bicep surgery, it was ugly and a bit embarrasing but it was good tk be back.

Back