New England Members

How far is Hingham from Fall River

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm playing lakeville cc on Sunday. I got some email from them saying they are doing a promotion with a 9am shotgun start for $21.25 with a cart.

Wow i work right down the st.

How far is Hingham from Fall River

Depends on the time and whether you go up rt 3 or up 24 , but without traffic I'd say 45 - 1hr+

I'm playing lakeville cc on Sunday. I got some email from them saying they are doing a promotion with a 9am shotgun start for $21.25 with a cart.

thanks i will call tomorrow. never played there.

I think my sunday just opened up can I join in on the fun. Supposed to be nice and warm. At least later on

Course wasn't in the greatest shape when I played there this summer. Numerous areas under construction, a few sinkholes, and some "temporary" tee boxes that another golfer said had been there for a few years. It's a fun layout, though.

okay, i just called, 9am shotgun, $21.25 per man, 9 hole, 2 man scramble with deviation. from what i understand, seems a bit odd to me, you may start on hole number one but shoot to green number five. so you don't play the hole your on but to the green that you are directed to.

okay, i just called, 9am shotgun, $21.25 per man, 9 hole, 2 man scramble with deviation. from what i understand, seems a bit odd to me, you may start on hole number one but shoot to green number five. so you don't play the hole your on but to the green that you are directed to.

Thats really what it is? I thought it was just a normal 18 hole round. This sounds kinda lame. I may cancel.

Still have two open spots at South Shore on Sunday at 11:51am. I will cancel them tomorrow though.

Still have two open spots at South Shore on Sunday at 11:51am. I will cancel them tomorrow though.

Should be great weather and I'd love to join you, but have some stuff around home to do. Will probably get 9 in locally. Great course, have fun!

Final bump for this, going to cancel the open spots in a couple of hours if we have no takers...

Using Tapatalk

Final bump for this, going to cancel the open spots in a couple of hours if we have no takers...

Using Tapatalk

Conditions are great; couple greens have been treated for winter but no temps and a light breeze. Winter tee boxes in play

Played 18 at Pembroke today. Driver sounded weird and I was about 20-25 yards short. Found 4 cracks in it. Just got it a month ago from callaway preowned
b32ee7b5341de524fa05284237eada47.jpg
97ce271d98349b7341aff9fdcc3598b8.jpg

Conditions are great; couple greens have been treated for winter but no temps and a light breeze. Winter tee boxes in play

Course was in great shape and pace of play wasn't too bad, especially this time of year. Fell apart the last three holes. Really like the layout there, I definitely want to play that course again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

Course was in great shape and pace of play wasn't too bad, especially this time of year. Fell apart the last three holes. Really like the layout there, I definitely want to play that course again.

I always love playing that course. But could be because I've got down good memories there. Chipped in to win my match on the last hole there senior year in high school and have played well there since.

Was that your first time playing South Shore? I like that layout as well. The greens can get really tough when they speed them up in the summer.

Was that your first time playing South Shore? I like that layout as well. The greens can get really tough when they speed them up in the summer.

Yup first time out there. Nice facilities, greens were solid, couple of punched greens and fairways, but didn't affect putting too much, speeds from green to green were a little off... Definitely will be playing that course more than once in 2015

Using Tapatalk

Played shaker hills today. Conditions were good, some ground was a little frozen but it was nice out. Played great too, had 2 birdies on the back nine. The place was empty, as a twosome we played in 3:30.

i also like south shore. I played there a couple times this year. Fun layout and good conditions.

Lets hope we get another 50 degree day soon.

Last edited:
Newport Nat is in nice shape. Pretty good deal to play right now too. $48 with a cart, i think $35 to walk. The brush and fescue has a winter hair cut so it is not as difficult to locate the ball as earlier in the season. The only not so excellent condition was the green were a little bumpy with seed, but even at that i am being picky. Their greens do "tear me up". I some suck at putting! i think yesterdays putting average was like 2.3. lol One of the beautys of playing there that I appreciate is the necessity to use many of the clubs. excluding the putter i use 11 clubs, given i not in a greenside bunker, on the front nine. The driver only 3 times. okay, the commercial is over. lol

Merrimack Valley Golf in Methuen was in GREAT shape yesterday...a little soggy, but all around nicely maintained.

Ahead in New Bedford has their employee store open to the public again this year, I don't think they did last year as I never saw any notices. Fantastic deals on hats, polos, jackets, you name it. There's a list of items and prices on their Facebook event page.

I'll probably head over on the 27th for the blowout, as the prices usually drop even more that day so they can clear out the last of the merchandise. Not as big a selection, but last time I went the polos were $5 and jackets were $8. Can't beat that, and even if it's more expensive this year they're still amazing bargains.

Ahead in New Bedford has their employee store open to the public again this year, I don't think they did last year as I never saw any notices. Fantastic deals on hats, polos, jackets, you name it. There's a list of items and prices on their Facebook event page.

I'll probably head over on the 27th for the blowout, as the prices usually drop even more that day so they can clear out the last of the merchandise. Not as big a selection, but last time I went the polos were $5 and jackets were $8. Can't beat that, and even if it's more expensive this year they're still amazing bargains.

silly question time....is that acushnet co.? never heard of ahead

silly question time....is that acushnet co.? never heard of ahead

No, Acushnet Company is Titleist and Footjoy. Ahead makes apparel, including the PGA Authentic line. More info here - http://aheadweb.com/

Their plant, however, is in the same complex as 3 Titleist ballplants, you have to drive past them to get to Ahead.

maybe old news to some of the locals but Acushnet River close after this weekend. I played alone yesterday, i mean they literally unlocked the carts and took down the the horses blocking the first tee box. The course is in really nice shape. The greens were a bit slow but very nicely manicured. Kudos to the grounds crew for excellent maintenance this season. i think it is 35 bucks all you can play.

Back