What do you think of crown graphics?

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Lets face it, we have seen some....interesting....graphics on crowns of clubs in recent years, for me it doesn't take much to be too busy, but I do believe in some of the designs aiding alignment though. For instance I really liked the i25 stripes, but those like the R1 were a complete mess to my eye.

What do you think? Do they phase you? Any preferences? Any favorites?

Give me a plain head please.

Even the white stripe around the tail end of the Bio Cell crown irks me a bit.

I like simple myself, one color, an alignment aid.

Prefer something with an alignment aid in the middle of the top line across the crown.

Beyond that, not much bothers me. Love the Bio Cell + outline though......just fits my eyes really well.

Graphics don't bother me one bit.....now crazy colors do.

Preference would be either nothing or something around the rear end - SLDR, XHot come to mind. Something symetrical that matches the curve of the trailing edge.

I will and can play anything though and it never 'bothers' me when I'm hitting the ball.

• Staff
I'll add, NO ALIGNMENT AID for me, the single tiny kind that is. Blech.

:alien:

Most don't bother me. The swoosh on the nike drivers doesn't bother me. The white R1 though I thought was hideous.

No need for me. I'm a plain kinda guy

I find a simple aid in the middle of the crown near the face works nicely for me, though the last few drivers I've owned have not had anything on there, which has not been an issue for me.

I really do like the racing stripes though--I thought it framed the ball nicely as well.

Most don't bother me. The swoosh on the nike drivers doesn't bother me. The white R1 though I thought was hideous.

I'm in this camp. Most don't bother me, but there are a few (the white R1 being the one that comes to mind) that just look too busy and terrible to me.

I don't care for them, I will look past it if the driver works well, but give me a clean head and I'm a happy camper.

I prefer a simple one color design unless I hit the club great which negates that preference!!!!

I prefer a clean crown with nothing on it at all. That being said, I don't think it's a huge deal to play something with graphics on the crown either.

Crown graphics won't make me not play/like a club, but if it's too busy I'm out. I like the subtle design Cobra & Nike have incorporated.

I prefer a dark color with a basic alignment aid, like the G25 fairway woods have. But nothing bothers me. I even came to like the white R1 head.

Prefer it plain.

Although I agree. Something about the I25 graphic that looked pretty good.

A basic crown with or without an alignment aid is ideal for me, though I'd be willing to play anything as long as it performed. The white crown + graphics on the R1 wasn't my favorite.

this one wasn't my favorite either. Something about the red that I didn't like. The forged composite on the crown though did look cool in the sunlight.

sole1.jpg

this one wasn't my favorite either. Something about the red that I didn't like. The forged composite on the crown though did look cool in the sunlight.

Problem with that driver was the face was only 3/4" tall.

Problem with that driver was the face was only 3/4" tall.

Hahaha, soooooo shallow!

Lots of R1 comments, glad to see I wasn't alone there. Hoping the new R driver is cleaner up top, no gimmicks there.

Hahaha, soooooo shallow!

Lots of R1 comments, glad to see I wasn't alone there. Hoping the new R driver is cleaner up top, no gimmicks there.

yeah that one was just bad and immediately stands out to me. Meanwhile the RBZ Stage 2 didn't bother me that much. Recently I liked the graphics on the Jetspeed line. That could be because they were blue though.

For me it's a case by case basis. Prefer clean, but really enjoy some crown graphics (bio cell+, ping i25)

I have no preference for or objections against crown graphics. I honestly don’t care. The only thing I do prefer is an alignment aid.

I'm considering the Ping i25 Driver, and the racing stripes are intriguing! That said, I seem to never notice anything behind the face. For instance, I've played with a Ping Rapture V2 Driver since the day it came out. It has a half-moon graphic for ball position, but I actually had to pull it out of the bag just now to make sure! I never look at it when I play.

Back