Fit for driver and 3 wood, need new hyrbid shafts?

ezellmer

Reaction score
Handicap
Have a new M1 driver and 3 wood and loving them. Have the Rogue silver 70 which I think is 78 grams.

Fitter says I should have heavier shafts in my hybrids (Rescue 11 3 and 4). Thing is I love them the way they are with stock stiff 65 gram shafts. I see alot of 85 gram TP shafts out there from that year. Would this be an easy and wise upgrade? Currently they do feel very light compared to my 3 wood and driver but I know exactly what they will do for me. He said the heavier TP shaft will likely be less spinny. Thanks in advance.

If you like what you have, the results are predictable, and they are doing what you want and filling the gaps you need, why change? I mean I get we all like new and shiny, but if these are working why fix what isn't broke?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Also, I think your hybrids should be more like your irons than woods. My hybrid has the same shaft as my irons and wedges.

To each his own, if your comfortable with what you have then why change it. I personally like the heavier shaft in my hybrids. For me, it feels like I have more control.

Back