Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently THP was at Callaway HQ and got the low down on the new GBB during their week long kick off of the driver. Below you can see Jason Finley from Callaway discuss the new features of the driver.

The Prize
The winner of this contest will win a brand new Callaway Great Big Bertha with one of the 19 different shaft options offered as a free upgrade. To play the game, you have to tell us what your finished product looks like.

Rules
Only one entry per person
Entry must be submitted by August 30th at 11:59am EST
Shipping of prizes is free for Albatross Club Members only

Albatross Club
Should you win, shipping is free for Albatross Club Members only. It is a very special initiative as THP partners with Folds of Honor to give back to this amazing organization in the name of this community of people. If you are not a member and would like more information, click here.

How To Enter
Your job will be to post in this thread, this info.
Driver Loft
Shaft Choice
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB
You can find a lot of information about the Great Big Bertha on their website here.

SM0020_GBB-BB816_Shaft_Infographic_Final31.jpg

Just got real! Best of luck all!

Thanks THP and Callaway for a chance to win a GBB!

Driver Loft-10.5

Shaft Choice-Aldila Tour Green
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB-Packed with tech. More adjustable than anything Ive ever owned. Great shaft options for all types of swings. Just a great looking club from a great company.

Awesome!

10.5 degrees w/ PX LZ Blue

I want to win this because I love the 2014 BB and would love to get some real time with this on course instead of a LM.

Awesome!! Thanks for this THP and Callaway!

My loft would be 10.5*

Shaft: Project X LZ red, the Project X event got me excited to try their stuff

Id love to win this after seeing so many positive results from people. The 815 is a home run for me but seeing how Callaway seemed to improve on that even more has me just wanting one like crazy!

Holy cow what a sweet contest!

Driver Loft - 9*
Shaft Choice - Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue in x flex.
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - From every driver I have tried in the last two years, I have yet to find a driver that produces the numbers I was seeing, with the consistency I was seeing than the GBB. It looks great, it sounds amazing, and it would really help add a very crucial piece to my game that I am currently seeing mixed results from.

...plus I can use it to help #TeamDNevs win #TheGauntlet.

Thanks Callaway and THP. My driver is on its way already so I will refrain, but I cannot wait to see who wins this beauty

Loft: 10.5*
Shaft Choice: True Temper Project X LZ Red in stiff
Why: I loved the 2014 Big Bertha and the sliding weight technology - it worked more effectively modifying shot shape (drawing/fading)

Thanks in advance Callaway and THP!

Oh baby, me wanty!

Driver Loft - 10.5*
Shaft Choice - Aldila I/O Rogue 60
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - The XR driver I play now has been amazing but the GBB looks to combine the adjustability and performance of the 815 line, while maintaining the awe inspiring distance of the XR as well as a perfect blend of acoustics. Add in the APW and suddenly I am dialed in and getting every available yard out of my swing.

What a GREAT contest!

Driver Loft - 10.5*
Shaft Choice - Project X LZ Blue in 7.0 flex
I want to win this driver so I can find more fairways and Leave No Yard Behind!

I'd love to win a 10.5 driver with the Project X LZ Blue paired up with it in R flex.

I found of all the adjustable drivers I've tried, the 2014 Big Bertha's sliding adjustable weight provided the most difference in helping shape ballflight. I can only imagine how much my tee game might improve with Callaway's latest tech.

Also, if I'm being completely honest, my neighbor is a true Callaway homer and I'd love to have this before him just so I could see he face when I pulled my bag out of my trunk :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver Loft : 10.5
Shaft Choice : aldila tour blue stiff
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: I really think I am leaving yards behind with my current game and GBB week pushed me to go get a fitting for this driver

Last edited:
Driver Loft: 9 degree
Shaft Choice: Project X LZ Blue
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: Love Callaway equipment (from past experience) and the GBB looks like a club that can be fine tuned for my game. The sliding weight is the most intriguing thing for me - it looks like something that could really help someone like me who seems to lose his swing from time to time.

Driver Loft - 9 deg
Shaft Choice - Adila Rogue I/O 70 Stiff
I have recently made some swing changes that will allow me to play a more forgiving higher spin head. The added forgiveness coupled with the ability to customize the adjustable weighting would be awesome! I know I am a bit of a homer but Callaway continues to impress on all fronts!

Driver Loft - 9*
Shaft Choice - Aldila Tour Green X

Why you want to win the Callaway GBB - Flashback to 1995 - I had the original 1995 Callaway Great Big Bertha in 9* with True Temper EI-70 installed. This was the driver that I played all throughout High School and up until it was replaced by a Titliest 975J with a Penlet Stealth. The Great Big Bertha was the driver that started everything for me. It got me hooked not only on this game but also on equipment and trying to find the best of the best.

I still have days where I have not gotten to some of the places on the golf course that I used to get to with my old GBB. The GBB was and always will be a classic driver and this version looks to be better than ever.

I wish there was an option to get a EI-70 installed just to relive the beauty that was that driver - even petitioned True Temper and Callaway on Twitter.

Currently I am having great success with the Tour Green in my X2 Hot 3 wood - hence the choice, but if I had my druthers it would be a Hand Crafted EI-70 (a guy can wish right?)

Yes please!

Driver Loft: 10.5

Shaft Choice: Any r-flex. I really don't know shafts
Why you want to win the Callaway GBB: I'm a Callaway guy, and the GBB looks like a nice step up from my Razor-fit extreme

Awesome! Thanks for the chance, THP & Callaway!!

GBB Loft:10.5
Shaft: Fujikura Speeder 765 in X-Stiff.
Why GBB? I'm looking for more distance and control. The R-Moto face is hot as hell and will give me the added yards I'm looking for. Combine that with the ability to adjust the loft and the slide-weight to minimize side spin? That combo gives me the best chance to truly dial in my ideal shot trajectory and shape.

Yes, this is awesome.
13.5* head
True Temper Project X LZ Red in stiff
I'd love to win this GBB as I didn't think anything could bump the 2014 Bertha out of my bag. With the hype here, my testing in store and the excellent reviews on THP I know this would be in the top spot in my bag for the foreseeable future.
Thank you

Another great contest - thanks to THP and Callaway for the chance!

Loft: 9*
Shaft: Diamana D+ White (Stiff)
Why I Want to Win: After following along with GBB week, I feel like I know far more about the GBB than I've ever known about any other club. I'd like to put that knowledge into action and dial the GBB in to make sure I'm not leaving any distance on the table, while also gaining significant forgiveness.

Edit to add shaft flex.

Last edited:
Yes!

Driver Loft : 9.5
Shaft choice : TT Project X LZ Red in S

I want to win the new Callaway GBB because I am in need of more consistency off the tee and I love the changes made to the GBB that will allow me to dial in more control and hopefully some extra yardage!

Contest - Callaway Great Big Bertha

Thank you THP and Callaway for this great contest.

Driver loft would be 10.5*
Shaft choice would be Diamana S+ 60 at 45" playing length

I would love to win this driver because I love to tinker with driver. Certain days I feel like more loft would help. Certain days if the course is dryer conditions I can lower the loft for more roll. And lately I've been struggling with eliminating one side of the course and the APW is the perfect solution for allowing me to swing normal and letting the technology developed by Callaway do the work. No more guessing off the tee where the ball will go, just use R•Moto and APW and leave no more yards behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to THP and Callaway for yet another great contest and prize!

Hey, I watched the videos and I payed attention during GBB Week ... I am going to need a custom fitting to truly know what my GBB will look like (which I would love to do should my name get picked out of the hopper). But for purposes of this contest my guess would be 10.5* with the Aldila Rogue 60.

Why do I want to win? Well, it is a hell of a lot more fun than the alternative and my birthday is coming up. Okay, more seriously. The top of my bag is Callaway lonely. Razr X hybrids. BB V Series 3W. BB Mini. But the top spot is currently an interloper from another manufacturer. Let's get that fixed.

Thanks THP and Callaway

10.5 loft

Fujikura Speeder 765 in stiff

I would love to win the GBB because I have never played a Callaway driver before and would love to give it a shot.

Loft: 9*
Shaft: Kuro Kage Black
Why: The '14 BB was great, the 815 is great and I know the GBB will be even greater! Excited about all the technology packed in this head.

Thanks THP and Callaway for a chance to win a GBB!

Driver Loft- 10.5

Shaft Choice- Project X LZ Red
Why I want to win ? - So I can be another step closer to completing a all Callaway bag ! (Apex Irons, PM Wedge, Mac daddy 2 wedges, Super Soft ball !)

Back