Best Field in Golf

For arguments sake u could say the WGC Bridgestone.

-top 50 in world ranking and ties
-previous presidents cup or Ryder cup participants
-winners of 5-6 worldwide championships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And maybe a THPer behind the scenes.

The Players Championship or World Match Play.

The Players

I think the players and the WGC events have to best fields. The majors carry so many automatic bids. Which IMO dilutes the strength of the field.

I would say the Players.

I was going to go with the Players, but I think the Barclays is probably the better field with those in it having more recent success. Its also deeper than the events later in the Fedex cup championship.

US Open and it isn't even close, just look at some of the names who you have to beat just to get through qualifying. You have past PGA winners not even making it past sectionals or what ever the last step before the US Open is.

I'm on board with the masters as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Players Championship

I think from previous discusssions, of the 4 Majors, I think the Masters may have the overall weakest field because of the many exemptions they offer - not a lot of players, and invites to players who would not make it to a regular Tour event.

I think it varies at the top -- but the US Open, Open, Masters, then PGA might be a viable strength of field ranking ... or not.

I think the probability of the strongest fields are the Majors and Players, WGC Events.

I tend to think of these questions in general terms.

Toughest Major Field is always the PGA.

Toughest field and hardest tournament to win is The Players.

One of the weakest fields all year long is The Master's.

Is the PGA even that deep? They have quite a few club pros that are drawing dead for the event in it.

WGC Bridgestone... :alien:

I would say either the Players or a WGC event like Bridgestone. The WGC events are always the biggest purses so no one takes that week off, there is no cut so moving day is always interesting and you have to be a top ranked player to get in. No winners exemption

It really does and no cut...so you get four days of stellar golf.
Minus the 2 or 3 dudes who go in to the event lost swing wise. That is more than made up for the guy who shoots 73-73 and would normally not play the weekend because he couldn't make a putt but hitting the ball great.

The (British) Open

The Players to me has the best field because they have the strongest field.

I would agree with WGC Match Play or any WGC event.

The Players also has to be up there.

The Players

Past champion lifetime exemption limits the strength of the Masters field. Both Open's are just that, open, which is extremely democratic but does limit the strength of the field to some degree. The PGA has 15 PGA professionals in the field which brings the overall strength down.

My opinion, any WGC and The Players.

I don't have a strong opinion, but I wouldn't worry too much about who the weakest 15 are, I would be more interested in knowing that every great player is there.

Back