Miura Wedge Grinds

TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey, I'm pondering some Miura Wedges, and am confused about the different wedge grinds. I am aware there is a K, C, and Y Grind, as the New Wedge Series. Would anybody be able to explain who each grind would be geared toward, and which loft each would be ideal in? Thanks

I play a New Wedge Series 53, and a 60K bent to 58. I only play 2 wedges (+PW) as any more confuses me :bulgy-eyes:

The 53 is my go to wedge for most things 100 yards an in. To me it plays like a natural extension from my PW, so I'm comfortable with both full and partial swing, as well as chipping and pitching. I also find it easy to flight high or low. I found the Y grind similar as a gap wedge, but I preferred the feel of the New Wedge Series. I haven't hit the New Wedge Series or the Y grind in higher lofts.

The 58K I mostly use for bunker play and around the green out of the rough, where I find the K grind really shines. To me it feels like the fluting gives the benefits of having bounce without feeling like the bounce is going to get in the way (if that makes any sense). I rarely play flop-style shots, but when I've had to hit them with the K I've had no issues, even off tight lies at Bandon in the summer. It is also great in the softer conditions here in Seattle. I will say my preference is to lay it back straight with a cupped wrist for extra loft off the turf, rather than laying the club open.

I haven't hit the C grind, but my club fitter told me it is also popular as a sand/lob wedge. I liked the K grind so much I didn't look any further.

Back