The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it is all about generating bets, I believe all of the numbers will be pretty fluid.

Yeah but opening up at -10 says something. That is a very surprising number to me.

OSU v ND in the fiesta bowl. Stanford v Iowa in the Rose bowl.

OSU v ND in the fiesta bowl. Stanford v Iowa in the Rose bowl.

I'm glad Iowa gets to go to the Rose, they have a surprising season and it would have been a shame fot them to be relegated to the Outback.

I'm glad Iowa gets to go to the Rose, they have a surprising season and it would have been a shame fot them to be relegated to the Outback.

OSU has had quite the success at the Fiesta bowl as well. Can't wait to dismantle ND.

OSU has had quite the success at the Fiesta bowl as well. Can't wait to dismantle ND.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see that happen.

Wow what was I looking at earlier I thought it was Clem/MSU and OU/Bama.

Oops.

Sparty actually has a real good chance of beating Bama since Coker is awful and Sparty's weakness is definitely their secondary.

Oops.

Sparty actually has a real good chance of beating Bama since Coker is awful and Sparty's weakness is definitely their secondary.

If Sparty has a healthy QB they have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know no one cares but FSU over UNC is a joke. UNC should be in the NY6 bowl.

CVj2l7CU4AA8DUT.jpg:large

I was ready to make a case for UNC if they won, but they played 1 good team all year, and lost 2 games. Not much of an argument to be made. FSU should definitely be ahead of them.

i know no one cares but FSU over UNC is a joke. UNC should be in the NY6 bowl.

CVj2l7CU4AA8DUT.jpg:large
That's a tough one and sadly, I think it might be the name helping a bit. Many arguments could be made on both sides.

I liked what the committee did with Iowa (great season btw and congrats on the Rose Bowl) and not punishing them for playing in the conference championship game and losing in a tight one. Looks like UNC got the brunt of that instead.

Oops.

Cook looked decent early in the Iowa game until he go laid out by jewell..

Give him a month and he'll be fine, he's probably the 2nd best qb that ad the playoffs

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Cook looked decent early in the Iowa game until he go laid out by jewell..

Give him a month and he'll be fine, he's probably the 2nd best qb that ad the playoffs

Yah I said Coker and sparty's pass d is awful.

Yah I said Coker and sparty's pass d is awful.

Reading comprehension is down right now with all the airline troubles. Coker gets bailed out by his WRS too much. I was hoping iowa would make the CFP and play Bama, as I think they would match up well with their ball hawking secondary.

meh - their SOSs are pretty similar and those 2 charts are pretty heavy in UNCs favor. FSU beat an awful UF team last week while we went toe to toe with the #1 team in the country with 1 tipped INT and 1 terrible call against us. and our QB had an awful game. and we're the 2nd place team in the ACC.

As awful as that UF team is, they are probably better than any team UNC beat. Their schedule was atrocious.

they're SOSs are really similar. not sure if you've looked at that. and we rolled our common opponents while they snuck by them. and we're the #2 team in the ACC. those are facts. you can "eye test" all you want.

You also have the same amount of losses, and like you said the SOS is close, but points in the favor I'd FSU. And while the GT loss is really bad the USCe loss is even worse.

You can make the argument either way, but it's hardly a travesty that FSU is ranked ahead of them.

Man, you're really salty about that fsu getting the bid over unc. Prove it in the bowl game.

Seeing the coaches' final ballots is always interesting.

Rick Stockstill is apparently still a little bitter that he didn't get a look as head coach when TommyBowden was fired.

Seeing the coaches' final ballots is always interesting.

Rick Stockstill is apparently still a little bitter that he didn't get a look as head coach when TommyBowden was fired.

It sure is

Harbaugh was the only coach to out Ohio St in the top 4, Dantonio was one of the very few to have Mich St at 2. Every big 12 coach had the same top 4, with Oklahoma at 2.

Harbaugh was the only coach to out Ohio St in the top 4.
Yeah, he and Oregon's Helfrich both put OU at #5. May the toilets back up at the Big House, and that the Ducks never wear a tasteful uniform again ... oh wait ...

The Coaches poll doesn't even matter. Means nothing.

I'm still bummed about the Stanford loss, even if it meant that we'd be in the same position that we are now.

The Fiesta bowl is going to be a great game. Two teams that were a couple plays away from being legit title contenders. 37 starters for ND this year is insane and a month to heal up will benefit them greatly. OSU hasn't seen an offense as potent as ND. Stength vs strength with ND Oline and OSU Dline. OSU has had issues with mobile quarterbacks, and Kizer has had a special season as a RS Frosh. Getting Jarron Jones back to stuff the middle is going to add much needed depth on the DL if they have any hopes to slow Zeke. A healthy Prosise adds to the stable of running backs.

These are two teams with elite athletes on both sides of the ball. OSU hasn't seen a team as fast as ND all year. My biggest fear is giving Urban a month to prepare for anyone. This is going to be a close game and will rival either of the semi's. I just wish it didn't start at 11am local time! I see this one being close.

Last edited:
Yea it wouldn't have mattered if ND beat Stanford at this point. ND would have just ended 5th or 6th and still been in the Fiesta bowl. No way they were passing on a ND v OSU matchup. The two probably biggest teams for ratings in the country put together haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back