Ogio Silencer Stand Bag - THP Review Thread

How does it work with midsized grips?

I re-gripped my wedges with Tour Velvet Midsize grips yesterday and they fit in the Silencer Stand bag fine and went in easily with no issue. As for extra wear and tear, I'll let you know if I notice anything in a few weeks.

I re-gripped my wedges with Tour Velvet Midsize grips yesterday and they fit in the Silencer Stand bag fine and went in easily with no issue. As for extra wear and tear, I'll let you know if I notice anything in a few weeks.

Good to hear! I know there were some mixed opinions out there.

Interesting look, looking forward to your thoughts Dean.

I love my Ogio silencer cart bag that I've had for a year. No extra wear on the grips and super easy to get the clubs in and out. I'd have a hard time going back to a bag without the silencer option. I have 3 extra wraps on my grips making them close to a midsize and have no issues. I did trim the putter slot top rubber holder to make it a little easier to get my larger Super Stroke And Winn 1.32" non-tapered grips in and out but with this carry bag they have already solved that issue.

I really want to try this bag out as my next stand bag, even thought i think I'd be leaninig more toward the cart option.

Looking forward to your thoughts Deano

Great looking bag. I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Cool looking bag and great concepts behind it. I almost bought a 2015 version on a good deal I saw, so I'm very much looking forward to reading more feedback on this one.

Nice photos btw!

I forgot that I had one other issue with the Ogio Silencer stand bag. The metal ring that the shoulder straps all mount to must not be coated well or I got a bad one. My bag has been in the rain a few times and the ring has rust all over it. It's not really something that affects the bag and I guess I could replace it with another (probably even using something dirt cheap from a hardware store), but it's worth mentioning.

AFA82C7F-9B72-4F17-8131-1CECB1E48247_zpsmmtsqc2s.jpg

Had mine for over a year with no complaints. Huge huge fan here as well. The top has held up better than anticipated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The carry strap system on that thing is awesome. I had it on my last bag and it is soooo comfortable. I looked at this be heavily before I got my last one but I couldn't get over the looks of that top. I wish it was recessed in somehow so the top looked more conventional I guess. I dunno, the flat top just looks odd to me.

I double checked mine this weekend and underneath the top cover is Ogio's standard "woode" divider system. So even though there are 14 separate holes in the top of the bag, it's not a full length 14 way divider. I'm sure it's there to help guide the clubs into their slots in the silencer chamber and also helps to keep some debris and moisture out of the bag and chamber.

This has been out for two rounds since returning from Club Clash. Here are some quick thoughts on the bag.

*Weight - it's under 6 lbs, and with what I have in it right now, it's comfortable to carry. Not heavy, which is a good thing. Really balances well when carrying on both shoulders.
*Pockets - The pocket setup is really well thought out IMO. The valuables pocket has a divider in it that allows one to throw their cell phone in one area, and something like keys or sunglasses in the other. That way the concern of a screen or lens getting scratched is alleviated. Very deep water bottle pocket, THP Water bottle fits all the way down in to it. Easy to get bottle out what carrying, getting it back in was a little more difficult, but not too bad. Nice outer pocket below the valuables pouch as well as a big clothing pocket for rain gear and extra layers. Ball pocket is very deep, and the outer layer of that is removable for those who want to get it embroidered.
*Straps - extreme padding design, and they work really well. At times I had some twisting, but that could be user error.
*Stand mechanism worked, without having the legs get stuck in an outward position at all.

One downer - my course used Club Gear golf carts that have a rounded bag section at the base. This bag needed to be placed in sideways because the kickstand part was too big.

8f4ada5f88b899e7eb5be3cae2c7109a.jpg

As far as the top goes. It works. It's funny, you get used to the silence part so much that when you hear a club rattle, I had to check to see which one it was. Sometimes it was a pain to get the club to fully latch in the base, but majority of the time it was no issue.

Interesting looking bag.

Good review Dean. I like my Ogio bag and have seen some similar issues with fitting on a cart. The silencer seems like a great option for those wanting to eliminate bag chatter.

Bag looks great. I have an older Ogio that I use as a backup. I just don't like the silencer option. I like bag clatter. Taking it away is like taking the sound of steel spikes away. Something missing.

Nice review Dean! I like the idea of these bags a lot. It will be on my list of possibilities next time I'm hunting for a bag.

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I kinda like the club chatter noise. It's like smelling fresh cut bermuda-it just makes me smile.

Solid review Dean.

This bag intrigues me as I have a new set of irons i want to keep looking new as long as i can without putting head covers on them. Ogio has a solid offering with this bag and based off your review it's a no brainer i need to go out and get this one. I also like that the pockets are plenty and functional.

Great review Dean!

Very much enjoyed your review, Dean.

It was good hearing you discuss this bag on the "Tee Box," then seeing it here.

Good review and feedback provided on this bag. I use iron covers because I hate to hear club hitting...plus they keep your irons looking newer.

So their is no iron rattle?

Good review and feedback provided on this bag. I use iron covers because I hate to hear club hitting...plus they keep your irons looking newer.

So their is no iron rattle?

when all are locked in, it's pretty silent.

Back