Ogio Silencer Stand Bag - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Finding the perfect golf bag is no easy task. It seems like there is always some form of compromise when it comes to picking out a bag, whether it be the number of pockets, weight, or top design. Ogio has sent in a bag that has a lot of nice features that I look for in a stand bag, and one feature that we find utilized traditionally more on cart bags. In for review is the 2016 Ogio Silencer Stand bag.

Brief Overview from Ogio

Now available in both stand and cart bag options. Silencer technology features 14 individual compartments that allow for a variety of club configurations. Each compartment has a protective membrane at the top that centers and gently holds the club shaft. The compression fit bottom securely holds the club grip and keeps it from moving and spinning.

The result is incredible protection for your club shafts and heads combined with Silencing technology that greatly minimizes the annoying sound of clanking clubs. Less clanks and less dings will extend the look of your new clubs!

i-2TNbVh6.gif

In hand photos:

i-XgkDZSc-L.jpg

i-q4btB4B-L.jpg

i-dgLjvsc-L.jpg

i-B4p4jN8-L.jpg

i-fq4vCKM-L.jpg

i-6dXW5Vf-L.jpg

i-wqHSMHp-L.jpg

i-bthr9bs-L.jpg

i-J8NXHTr-L.jpg

i-h6mKHbx-L.jpg

i-gVxM4K2-L.jpg

i-8HmC4Cp-L.jpg

i-rzSrKKn-L.jpg

i-QR3FBnk-L.jpg

i-nw3dhd9-L.jpg

i-tdRtxbp-L.jpg

i-3HfBp7M-L.jpg

• Staff
holding this spot for some initial thoughts.

That is a sharp looking bag.

Pondering.

Great looking bag on the outside. Just don't know if I could get use to everything not moving on top?!?

Looking forward to your thoughts Dean.

• Staff
Great looking bag on the outside. Just don't know if I could get use to everything not moving on top?!?

Looking forward to your thoughts Dean.

I'll get to know more on Monday when I get out and walk 18 with it. Just carrying it around the yard, it's quiet. Strangely quiet

The design looks very cool, and I don't hate the color scheme either. I may have missed it, but do you have a weight for this one?

Really interesting idea for the top. I'm interested in how well it works and how it holds up over time.

Welcome to the future! I love this bag and have had mine for roughly a year now. Before that I had the Ogio Chamber cart bag with the Silencer tech.

The only complaint I've had with the stand bag is the rubber foot kept slipping off the spring for the stand legs. I used the holes in the rubber foot to run zip ties through and around the metal spring so that it wouldn't pop off anymore.

Also, sometimes the clubs don't seat all the way into the silencer chamber if they aren't inserted correctly. But I found it doesn't take long to get a feel for inserting them so that you don't have that problem anymore (or can seat the club by partially removing it and re-seating it).

Otherwise, this bag really has been perfect for me.

• Staff
The design looks very cool, and I don't hate the color scheme either. I may have missed it, but do you have a weight for this one?

I have that down on my notes, which are home. But I recall it's around 5.9lbs. Little heavier than what you currently use. But not by much.

Looks good, I've always been curious about this type of tech in the long term, do the pieces wear to the point where they don't stick as well, that kind of thing. Great color/graphics and the features/details are nice.

I like the idea and the concept a lot. Just not so sure about the top of that bag. If it functioned great I could get over it quickly, I have real issues with clubs jamming and clattering in carry bags! Looking forward to hearing more about this one, Deano.

I wonder if the top will mess up your grips?

I have that down on my notes, which are home. But I recall it's around 5.9lbs. Little heavier than what you currently use. But not by much.
I believe that is lighter than Ogio bags of similar design in the past as well (the Grom specifically).

I wonder if the top will mess up your grips?

the top I'm not worried about, it's the bottom of the bag where they lock in. Wanted to throw some pics up, even though this isn't making the trip this weekend. Too many clubs are making the trek back and forth. But the grip part is something I'm seriously wondering about.

the top I'm not worried about, it's the bottom of the bag where they lock in. Wanted to throw some pics up, even though this isn't making the trip this weekend. Too many clubs are making the trek back and forth. But the grip part is something I'm seriously wondering about.

Two bags with silencer tech over two years and no damaged grips here. There are some rub marks on them, but I suspect it will be time to replace your grips long before the bag could do any damage to them.

Two bags with silencer tech over two years and no damaged grips here. There are some rub marks on them, but I suspect it will be time to replace your grips long before the bag could do any damage to them.
Good to know.

How does it work with midsized grips?

Oh man. Very much want.

How does it work with midsized grips?

I used midsized grips with the first gen chamber bag with no issue. I have not used them in the current silencer stand bag, but will be putting some on my wedges this week and will follow up. The new chamber seems a little different than the old so I can't say for sure.

I'll be curious how your feedback is with regards to just getting the clubs in and out of the bag. I've had some hangups with bags that have openings like that and it's annoying to be "fighting" your bag just to get/put back a club.

Nice looking bag. I just bought ogio bag that I like. Will be interested of your thoughts about the silencer

I would like to know more about durability of the locks on the bottom of the bag and also how it works when I have something like Arccos installed at the end of the grip.

I like the lay out of the slots. 4 on the one side is perfect for me.

Back