Live Update Thread - Project X The HandCrafted Experience

That maroon is so awesome! Hey guys is there any way to mess up the rolling? Just curious if its a delicate process or if its like wham bam done?

Mine will have the exposed Loading Zone in black in middle. Color on either side. Pearling all over.

That sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it in person.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440176944.779179.jpg
The dry run of the shaft. Almost ready for prime time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4cb87472ec51143866f01a3b6c0af982.jpg

Chump Fries time

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That maroon is so awesome! Hey guys is there any way to mess up the rolling? Just curious if its a delicate process or if its like wham bam done?

It's not hard to mess uptake rolling. Larry makes 10+ shafts per day, so he can get through them quick and perfect. Us, not so much...

CHumphries getting ready to make his golf shaft. Very different from the rest. As Don said, he wins the most flags contest.
6daf47a4bc49efbd6c67d9aea948d5fc.jpg

It's fairly straightforward, especially with the expert looking over your shoulder, but yeah you can definitely mess it up if you get careless. If you don't put enough pressure on, you can get air bubbling

Repost photo
f57cca63bc2d434efbaa0486079c58ff.jpg

Don also assured us if we mess up they'll make it for us for our final shaft.

The awesomeness is almost painful. How about rolling your OWN custom shaft.... A freakin' one off.

Wow.

Per Lauren, we are the first people outside TrueTemper to roll shafts.

It's fairly straightforward, especially with the expert looking over your shoulder, but yeah you can definitely mess it up if you get careless. If you don't put enough pressure on, you can get air bubbling

Awesome thanks guys!
It's not hard to mess uptake rolling. Larry makes 10+ shafts per day, so he can get through them quick and perfect. Us, not so much...

Chump Fries finishing up

8b86324ef8a503dc2068b52b4095c013.jpg

The awesomeness is almost painful. How about rolling your OWN custom shaft.... A freakin' one off.

Wow.

With your name on it. And the date it was made. And the THP logo. And your own graphics/paint scheme.

Insane.

Even Larry is fascinated by the flags going into Chump Fries build. Unusual orientation. 60 degree slant in the fibers on this flag.

20150821_101552_zpsh2ght7hf.jpg

Even Larry is fascinated by the flags going into Chump Fries build. Unusual orientation. 60 degree slant in the fibers on this flag.

20150821_101552_zpsh2ght7hf.jpg
Larry quote: "this is the weirdest shaft I've ever done"

This is freaking sweeeeeet. The periscopes wee awesome. Keep killing the pics and updates.

9b0cc8aaa8319370ec5598c1f688e59c.jpg

Awkward silence up to bat

Larry quote: "this is the weirdest shaft I've ever done"

that's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

I have to say hearing about shafts from the people who make them is really cool. I bet there is still some being said that isn't in this thread which says just how much information there is to learn.

Man those guy's are knocking it out of the park .

This has been a very fun event to follow along with. Thank you to everyone there letting us have a little taste of what is going on! It's appreciated!

Stanthecaddy is the last to go

ec1b63fb436723ceea351d20f849592e.jpg

StanTheTimmy rolling his shaft

58aae1cafd3391acc3fada0afb62820e.jpg

Back