Spending golf money

Are you looking to buy a putter and are looking for advice on which one?

Try lots.

Putting is such a personal thing that there really is no one right answer. Even for one person there might be multiple "right" putters. Just ask some of these guys who collect putters like my pockets collect receipts. :alien:

I would say go to a place that has a lot of putters, find the ones that you think look good and putt with those. Buy the one you like the best.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Try a bunch. Then leave and go back the next day and do it again. I have had three now and still not 100% about any of them.

Moved to Flatstick Talk.

Bumping for kang

Try anything and everything then do it again. All different lengths and shapes take your time and enjoy it the experience of finding something your going to be happy with.

Go to a PGA Superstore or something along those lines....somewhere where they have a putting green and tons of putters....plan to spend lots of time hitting several of them....dont pay as much attention to which ones go into the hole....pay attention to what feels good in your hands and looks good to your eyes....what gets the ball rolling smoothly.

As a "collector" I say buy cheap. I agree with the others, it's always good to try multiple putters before buying any one style. I buy every cheap piece I come across, simply because we don't really have a golf shop in my city, and the nearest ones in neighboring metros only seem to carry the newest most expensive ones. Play It Again would be a good place to try used putters at cheap prices. You can give multiple styles ago, without hurting your wallet. Maybe learn the different head styles, as most companies all make the same head shapes, then once you find a shape you like and think works for you, move on to trying different brands that will offer different inserts, face milling (or lack there of), offsets, and weights/face balancing.

Putters are much more of a personal feel that other clubs, in my opinion. You don't have to spend a lot of money to find a putter that you like and works for you. Like others have said, I'd go to a Superstore and find one you like the looks of, hit some putts with that, if it feels good, THEN turn it over and see if it's in your price range.

Go to a PGA Superstore or something along those lines....somewhere where they have a putting green and tons of putters....plan to spend lots of time hitting several of them....dont pay as much attention to which ones go into the hole....pay attention to what feels good in your hands and looks good to your eyes....what gets the ball rolling smoothly.

This.....

Back