TTime

Reaction score
I'm thinking about putting the KBS Hybrid shaft in my driving 3 iron. Any of you play it and any thoughts on it in an "iron"? In my irons I play soft stepped x-flex KBS Tour, any suggestion if I should go with a stiff or x?

Not really apples to apples but I've reshafted mine and a mates with prolaunch blue hybrid shafts. Play about an .75" longer than standard (i didnt tip weight them) but easier to hit forsure. I prefer a hybrid to a 3 iron but if your after a higher launching long iron its a good option. With the KBS hybrid shaft being lighter than the Tour you would expect it to play a little softer to given flex.

Last edited:
Good to hear either way that reshafting worked for you. How did you decide on the Prolaunch shaft? I'm sure I'll try a hybrid eventually but haven't had one in awhile, so far so good with the 3 iron. Thanks for the heads up on the KBS.

It was an experiment, wanted higher launch and they were a cheap option. My mate doesn't carry a hybrid either, loses them left too often but the 3 iron works well for him.

Back