braddman19 hits the range. Freddie Kong, I would appreciate words of wisdom.

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

I am not a long driver hitter, it is probably the aspect of my game that holds me back the most. Any idea, based on the videos below, of anything I might be able to tweak to up the yardage with my driver?

Not the greatest angle on the rear view unfortunately. Apologies for my janky swing, and thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm still new at this but it looks like your backswing is too long and the plane is too steep?

Braddman, I will have some pics posted alter today buddy.

What's your normal ball flight? What's your miss? I apologize, I didn't watch you hit any balls in Minnesota. I'm sorry for that.

What's your normal ball flight? What's your miss? I apologize, I didn't watch you hit any balls in Minnesota. I'm sorry for that.

Ball flight, generally high, more of a constant arc than a piercing flight or anything like that. My miss is a fade.

Noticed that the backswing is longer than I would usually take on course. I tend to think if I can see the clubhead in my backswing, then I have gone too far.

Ball flight, generally high, more of a constant arc than a piercing flight or anything like that. My miss is a fade.

Noticed that the backswing is longer than I would usually take on course. I tend to think if I can see the clubhead in my backswing, then I have gone too far.

Your flight and miss make sense. I think I see something, I will let Freddie take the wheel with it. I want to see if I am correct without giving it away.

Really curious to hear what you guys are seeing, so I can hopefully make some adjustments! Feel free to let me know!

Shoulders open to foot line it appears from the Dtl view.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brad sorry for the delay. I owe you some tips to fix you action. The first thing I'd like for you to do. is narrow your stance. The feet should be under or just outside the shoulders. Your feet are very wide and this is really causing all your other swing flaws.

Because of the width of your stance, you can't turn thru the ball. Once that club travels back to the top, it is impossible for you to get back to the ball without sliding. And you slide so much into the ball, it not funny. Now to your credit, you hold the angle really well but since you are moving laterally instead of turning, the lag you have crated is wasted.

I'd like to see you adopt a narrower stance and see if that allows you to turn thru the impact zone, instead of slide.

Mr. Tadashi, words of wisdom please.

I am not a long driver hitter, it is probably the aspect of my game that holds me back the most. Any idea, based on the videos below, of anything I might be able to tweak to up the yardage with my driver?

Not the greatest angle on the rear view unfortunately. Apologies for my janky swing, and thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks Freddie! I will give that a shot at the range tomorrow and see how it goes. After a terrible round yesterday, hopefully I can get things reset a little bit!

Well, since taking the video, my swing has completely disappeared. Shanks and slices galore.

Hopefully after a lesson or two I can get a new video up......

Back