The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
in-laws...

looks like my wife is either:

1) going to have to miss the Bridgestone, or

2) go to the Bridgestone and be worried about our kids the whole time

Everything was set with her mom watching the kids, now her mom's selfishness has kicked back in and put us in a bind. Makes me mad because this was supposed to be a weekend she could sit by the pool and relax for the first time in a while.

Some people need to grow up.

My mom's back is pretty messed up. Already had two surgeries and was told she needed a third. Went to the surgeon today ... he said it needed to happen now. So, September 26th my mom goes under the knife where they will fuse vertebrae basically from the base of her spine all the way up to her neck. The surgery is slated to last around 6 hours, and of course given the severity of the surgery one of the potential pitfalls is her dying on the table. Not really willing to entertain that notion at all. Will just be happy when it's done and she's healed up. Watching her right now is painful, given that she is in so much pain on a daily basis. If the surgery is successful the doc said she's looking at a 85% restoration of function, so that's a good reason to have it done now.

That stinks man, I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

A big # booooooohhhhh to coming home from a nice vacation to find our sink is leaking in the kitchen

in-laws...

Everything was set with her mom watching the kids, now her mom's selfishness has kicked back in and put us in a bind. Makes me mad because this was supposed to be a weekend she could sit by the pool and relax for the first time in a while.

I sure hope it works out so your wife can come AND relax. Mom and daughter dynamics can be puzzling at times.

A big # booooooohhhhh to coming home from a nice vacation to find our sink is leaking in the kitchen
Hopefully you didn't have too much water damage.

I'll be honest, I'm so paranoid about water damage that if I'm gone for more than 24 hours, I shut the water to the house off.

Hopefully you didn't have too much water damage.

I'll be honest, I'm so paranoid about water damage that if I'm gone for more than 24 hours, I shut the water to the house off.
Yeah its not bad. Going to try and tighten it up later and see if that works

Laffy Taffy doesn't even try anymore.

How many vampires does it take to put in a light bulb? None, vampires like the dark.
What is the best way to keep water from running? Don't pay the water bill.

I haven't had a good Laffy Taffy joke since "What do you call a cow with a twitch? Beef Jerky"

GAAAHHHH!!

Get back from McD's and my Coke is diet!! FFUuuuuuu

GAAAHHHH!!

Get back from McD's and my Coke is diet!! FFUuuuuuu

Inexcusable.

On Sunday on my way to golf I stopped at Wendy's, while handing me the cup, she went all godzilla and crushed it, sending coke pouring out. It ended up running down both the interior and exterior of my door. She said "I'll replace it" and ran off while I was saying asking for napkins. She disappeared, but the window was open, and there was a guy standing 3 foot away. I repeatedly asked for napkins, and he was just looking at me like "that's not my job". Finally I yelled NAPKINS PLEASE loud enough for a manager to hear, and at that point the coke had made it to the carpet.

I should have made them have the car detailed, but I was just so annoyed I left.

Inexcusable.

On Sunday on my way to golf I stopped at Wendy's, while handing me the cup, she went all godzilla and crushed it, sending coke pouring out. It ended up running down both the interior and exterior of my door. She said "I'll replace it" and ran off while I was saying asking for napkins. She disappeared, but the window was open, and there was a guy standing 3 foot away. I repeatedly asked for napkins, and he was just looking at me like "that's not my job". Finally I yelled NAPKINS PLEASE loud enough for a manager to hear, and at that point the coke had made it to the carpet.

I should have made them have the car detailed, but I was just so annoyed I left.

#winner (or loser?)

My mother's birthday was two days ago...sent something to her, but also sent a detailed message about what I've been up to this summer. She still hasn't responded.

I just feel betrayed. Ever since she "found" the Jehovah's Witnesses, she has become a stranger to me. It's just so effing tough to handle, especially when she was a vibrant, caring, tolerant person before.

My mother's birthday was two days ago...sent something to her, but also sent a detailed message about what I've been up to this summer. She still hasn't responded.

I just feel betrayed. Ever since she "found" the Jehovah's Witnesses, she has become a stranger to me. It's just so effing tough to handle, especially when she was a vibrant, caring, tolerant person before.
Oh geez, bro. I seriously just had this discussion the other night with my wife and her mom. We were looking at your pics of Eastern State and I remembered all this going on and we wondered how things were going. FWIW, and you know the situation here thru our own PMs, but my MIL just doesn't get it. Not at all.

Sorry, man.

parents "finding" new religions is hard... I went trough this a few years ago with my father

in-laws...

Looks like this got worked out. Hallelujah

Good luck with that dude...my wife was raised by a Jehova mother. My wife had enough of the cult, er I mean church by age 16. They don't speak anymore. In case you weren't aware, JW's don't celebrate ANYTHING including birthdays.

I was fairly high up in a company several years back. Things were great until the owner got into Scientology. Really ruined that company.

Frost Advisory warning for tomorrow morning just came up on my phone... and there goes my "sunrise tee time" idea.

Frost Advisory warning for tomorrow morning just came up on my phone... and there goes my "sunrise tee time" idea.

Yup. My wife is frantically pulling in plants and picking tomatoes right now.

Nate, that bums me out. My mom found religion a number of years back and we had a very strained relationship for a few years. She eventually dialed back when she realized how it impacted pretty much all of her relationships. I hope things work out between you two, I know how much it bothered me when it happened in my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when we start to think the medicine is working and my daughter might actually be in the clear, she didn't sleep last night or today at daycare so we took a look in her mouth and see this. Heartbreaking can't even begin to describe it.

b3a75deee9208c921b4045b9331937b2.jpg

ccb8022f3f177b08dee6b6e7390513ae.jpg

On nooooooo Ricky

I hate to say it but call the doc you saw before Disney asap

I'm sorry Ricky. It pains me to see Annabelle with these returning.

On nooooooo Ricky

I hate to say it but call the doc you saw before Disney asap
We put a call in 2 hours ago and sent him a text with the pictures.

Damn Ricky, poor little thing. I feel so damn bad for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back