I'm so ready to get mine. Wife's upgrade was first, so hers comes Friday. I'll wait a few more weeks.....and play with hers in the meantime.

I'm so ready to get mine. Wife's upgrade was first, so hers comes Friday. I'll wait a few more weeks.....and play with hers in the meantime.

Mine will be here Friday, pretty excited to get it. Larger screen which I preferred from my Galaxy phones, but with iOS that I just greatly prefer over the Android UI.

My son's iPod; essentially same size as iPhone 5:

884c8b0c99a539bcc36c91d1ffa28eec.jpg

This makes me really happy I got the 6 and not the plus. Size looks perfect!

yeah it its going to work our well for my small hands and sausage fingers!

Fits comfortably in my pocket still

Nice side by side comparison picture I found online.

iPhone 5s, 6, 6 Plus

Capture_zps1287fead.jpg

I really really pondered ditching my Iphone 5 and moving over to a Samsung S5 or even the HTC/LG big boys (until I actually played around with them in person and found them wayy too big and annoying). The S5 is a great phone and especially with it being so much cheaper ($75 on Amzn) can be quite alluring and its form and function make a seamless transition from the Cupertino death star - but at the end I wimped out, put back on my black turtleneck and ordered an Iphone 6. Boring I know. Next time for sure! (I keep saying this).

I also have a pending switch to T-Mobile from Verizon since they are so much cheaper and I already know I'll hit the same exact dead spots between Sacramento to San Francisco I've had with Sprint/ATT/VRZN in the past.

Another 2 hours of my life waisted on with ATT and Chase trying to get my money back in my account. You just can't make this stuff up. Over $1200 out for a phone that I'm gonna do the next plan with.

I'm gonna try my luck at the Verizon store on Friday for a 6 plus. Hoping this can replace my iPad too. We will see what happens, fingers crossed.

Another 2 hours of my life waisted on with ATT and Chase trying to get my money back in my account. You just can't make this stuff up. Over $1200 out for a phone that I'm gonna do the next plan with.

I would tell them that instead of that you prefer taking that $1200 and canceling your service and then heading over to a different carrier.

I found it much easier to walk into the ATT store and buy out the remaining 12 months of my son's contract for $205 that to try to deal with their phone system or website. I can now take his 5s and trade it in at an Apple store for $250-$310 or sell it on ebay for that much or more. Sprint has a $50 unlimited iPhone 6 plan that will drawing a lot of new customers.

Goodness. I'd probably be canceling every preorder if I were you..then re-evaluate my wireless relationship.

Hope it works out for you.

wow man that's unreal! Enough to make ya sick all the time, money and trouble with all that.

Thing I don't like I called my local AT&T store and by renewing the standard two year my bill would go up $40 each month if I upgraded to the 6. Sorry not worth upgrading to any phone for that and that's with that special promo they have going on to buying my 4 for $200 towards the 6 until the 30th. AT&T are very sneaky. I'm learning this new Next plan is worthless as well. Leasing the phone basically until it's paid off then the bill will go down? Whatever. At least that's from what I understood. Haven't had a good feeling about the process of upgrading through the same carrier.

Thing I don't like I called my local AT&T store and by renewing the standard two year my bill would go up $40 each month if I upgraded to the 6. Sorry not worth upgrading to any phone for that and that's with that special promo they have going on to buying my 4 for $200 towards the 6 until the 30th. AT&T are very sneaky. I'm learning this new Next plan is worthless as well. Leasing the phone basically until it's paid off then the bill will go down? Whatever. At least that's from what I understood. Haven't had a good feeling about the process of upgrading through the same carrier.

Why would the plan increase? I am a long time att wireless customer and never had my plan increase when upgrading, only commit another two years.

Sprint has a $50 unlimited iPhone 6 plan that will drawing a lot of new customers.

I was under the impression that Sprint were crap though. Is that not the case? I could tempted if it's not.

I was under the impression that Sprint were crap though. Is that not the case? I could tempted if it's not.
I've never heard anyone say their Sprint service was good. I would think you can expect most providers have good service in major cities though, so if you never leave a major market then they may be great for you.

Why would the plan increase? I am a long time att wireless customer and never had my plan increase when upgrading, only commit another two years.

Yea I was thinking the same thing. I upgraded to the 6 and my plan is the same. Although there is the $40 one time upgrade charge (which is complete crap) but that's the only plan increase

I would tell them that instead of that you prefer taking that $1200 and canceling your service and then heading over to a different carrier.
I'm thinking about it, I'm torn now because it's a matter of principal that I get what I paid for then just letting them off the hook since I have so much time invested. If that makes sense. Also I've had friends tell me they had sprint around here and tell me it wasn't that good service wise.

It has to do with the current family plan that I'm on with 3 lines total. I pay roughly $160 for three lines with 4GB shared unlimited talk and text. Something about me upgrading just one line changes that plan and jumps it to $40 more. It's total bs and certainly not worth if it means my bill is $200 a month. No way

I'm thinking about it, I'm torn now because it's a matter of principal that I get what I paid for then just letting them off the hook since I have so much time invested. If that makes sense. Also I've had friends tell me they had sprint around here and tell me it wasn't that good service wise.

We had Sprint when we lived in Windermere. We lived in Keenes Point area. It worked well. That was 4 years ago though.

It depends on your city and surroundings. I'm a heavy cell user for work(100+ minutes a day) and have had both and Sprint is equal to AT&T in my area but none of the carriers have great service where I live because of the hilly terrain. I've never had coverage inside either of the homes I've lived in since 1998. Dropped calls are an everyday occurrence when you live in the foothills/mountains and I kind of like the fact that cell phones don't work inside my house. We have become way to attached to our smart phones.

Iphone 6 gets here Friday. Tomorrow... iOS 8!!

I'm just assuming east coast won't see it till somewhere around 1/2pm. Possibly later

Back