Pictures of your back swing

I need to remember to take some video next time out.

I know my back swing gets too long and I break my elbows, etc. I would love to see pictures of your back swing and have Freddie and others discuss what is good and bad about it and what we might do to improve it.

I'll post mine soon but if you have a picture, please post and let's discuss the good, bad and ugly.

Nooooobody wants to see that! Nor have the time to critique it. LOL

Plenty of others were brave enough to post there swings that I commented on so here is an older one from end of October I think. Have at it, not sexy swing but I manage to not suck sometimes, full speed and slow, was a smooth 8 that I was trying to hit a touch lower than stock.

Whatever you say.

he's not. just trying to share some knowledge he picked up in his lessons. i've been there, and i've come across WAY WORSE when trying to "educate." still creeps up every now and then, but i do try to keep it suppressed haha

he's not. just trying to share some knowledge he picked up in his lessons. i've been there, and i've come across WAY WORSE when trying to "educate." still creeps up every now and then, but i do try to keep it suppressed haha
I have been guilty of this as well. A little knowledge isn't always the best thing.

Plenty of others were brave enough to post there swings that I commented on so here is an older one from end of October I think. Have at it, not sexy swing but I manage to not suck sometimes, full speed and slow, was a smooth 8 that I was trying to hit a touch lower than stock.

Just keep swinging
Just keep swinging
Just keep swinging

God Bless anyone that posts a swing here and can manage all the comments that come in. I've got enough things I'm trying to figure out. I can't imagine processing that with the number of ideas/tips/advice that would come from this thread and screw my brain up.

The last couple of pages are exactly why I don't post videos or pics of my swing here LOL.
And for what it's worth Joe, your swing looks fine to me. You keep using those awesome Villa balls, and you'll be just fine ;)

The last couple of pages are exactly why I don't post videos or pics of my swing here LOL.
And for what it's worth Joe, your swing looks fine to me. You keep using those awesome Villa balls, and you'll be just fine ;)

Crazy thing about those Villa balls. They go sideways alright, they hardly go forward, but they come back at me so often I have to usually duck for cover.

Crazy thing about those Villa balls. They go sideways alright, they hardly go forward, but they come back at me so often I have to usually duck for cover.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Wanker

Chip, you should leave this thread alone. You're giving every piece of advice your teacher is giving you as if its relevant to the posters in this thread. It isn't. You did it previously and were called on it and escaped relatively unscathed; today you did it again today and obviously that snowballed a bit. I'm sure you mean well...but it's not helpful to give someone bad advice when they may not know any better.

Blu, I don't feel like quoting anything but that looks night and day different from the swings I saw at Mission Inn. Nice work.

What I can't tell though since it's a normal speed video vs slow motion is if your arms keep going when you stop turning your shoulders, or if I'm just not able to pause/play fast enough to tell.

I was just trying to help.Infact I'm happy Blu and Gold posted his swing for me to see.Not degrading him,but what he does is exactly what I was doing wrong and want to avoid.If it works for him than great, and I hope it does.But for me it is exact opposite of what I'm showed weekly not to do.So for me I look at a positive, I saw what I'm not supposed to do.And that is the nice thing about golf,we all learn from each other.So I sent him a pm thanking him for posting.Just verifies to me I'm on the right path

Nice swing. Like many of the swings shown here. This thread has shown me how flexible big guys can be. Some guys here can qualify for belly dancing or flamenco classes.

Last edited:
Blu, I don't feel like quoting anything but that looks night and day different from the swings I saw at Mission Inn. Nice work.

What I can't tell though since it's a normal speed video vs slow motion is if your arms keep going when you stop turning your shoulders, or if I'm just not able to pause/play fast enough to tell.
That is a definite possibility.

Junk yard dog swing. Can't turn, elbows break. Bad lower back but still keep grinding.
7bd68fdaf8fe6deb55e0307c74446f11.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was just trying to help.Infact I'm happy Blu and Gold posted his swing for me to see.Not degrading him,but what he does is exactly what I was doing wrong and want to avoid.If it works for him than great, and I hope it does.But for me it is exact opposite of what I'm showed weekly not to do.So for me I look at a positive, I saw what I'm not supposed to do.And that is the nice thing about golf,we all learn from each other.So I sent him a pm thanking him for posting.Just verifies to me I'm on the right path
That's fine. I still believe you're wrong about how I get the club to the top. But that's the fun part of the game. Our swings don't need to be identical and there are more than one way to execute an on plane golf swing.

I saw my swing today from several angles and wow it sucks, none or very little wrist hinge, short backswing,(but good extension), over the top downswing and since no hinge very little release. But once I worked with the guy for a while and saw it, things got better. More distance and that feeling of not trying and the ball taking off. Its not the clubs, its not the shafts, just have to get back to the lessons and practice some.

6c83c6391d8efcdeff54bd702df8ac5d.jpg

A lot easier for me to get in that position when there's no ball to hit. Stupid game.

Latest I have. Not the best quality image

42f4b34576e6b38836d2385f4eddcbc5.jpg

The club is parallel to your target line. Your left should is slightly above the ball but still solid and the rest of the angles and solid. Just drop into the slot and rip to your finish.

The club is parallel to your target line. Your left should is slightly above the ball but still solid and the rest of the angles and solid. Just drop into the slot and rip to your finish.
Talk to me about how a bent right knee is a bad thing. I don't understand that concept. Please and thank you

A lot easier for me to get in that position when there's no ball to hit. Stupid game.

If it wasn't for the ball, this game would be way easier. I completely agree - toss a ball in front of me and I will swing completely different than my practice swings. Dumb brain.

Careful with the ceiling fan, I once found out the hard way that my follow through was higher than my backswing

Careful with the ceiling fan, I once found out the hard way that my follow through was higher than my backswing

Done that with a fan before as well. Good news is, the fan is 7-8ft away. The wall is the bigger threat!

Back