JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Does chrome as a finish bother you? Not personally mind you, but as a finish is it something you gravitate towards or away from?

Away. I think it's tacky and the glare can be blinding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does chrome as a finish bother you? Not personally mind you, but as a finish is it something you gravitate towards or away from?

I would have said no, but I'll admit the glare as annoyed me a few times with my wedges. Seems unnecessary with all the finishes of today that glare is even factored anymore.

I like it. I wish the AP1s I have were chrome.

Doesn't bother me, as long as its got the matte part across the top line.

My 825s are bright any my R11s were too but I tend to really love a satin look. Black is cool but after a few rounds they look rough to me.

Away for glare mostly.

I don't mind it, though I prefer satin. My current irons have a chrome finish, and it doesn't bother me.

Doesn't bother me personally. It wouldn't change my iron choice.

The finish on an iron doesn't really bother me if the performance is there. Chrome isn't something I specifically go towards or away from.

Doesn't bother me, as long as its got the matte part across the top line.

Yep. I like that as well. It can be as shiny as you like on the sole.

Love it.

nyrunysy.jpg

For nothing more than I think it looks cool.

I generally love the look of chrome, until I'm standing over the ball at address.

I'm not sure it would bother me to the point of not playing a set of chrome though.

Don't mind chrome at all, but currently gaming satin - finish didn't have an impact on the selection.

I'm pretty indifferent with regards to chrome finishes. Having said that, if I had to choose between finishes, I'd probably pick a satin/dull type of finish.

I like the look of it.

I have experienced sunlight/glare issues with chrome irons and wedges before. But it would prevent me from using them in the future, as long as the iron performed well.

Not a bother to me. I've played complete chrome sets, satin/chrome sets, etc. My current mix is more satin but one of my wedges is all chrome. It makes it easier to ID when I go for it in my bag, no glare issues that I can think of.

Doesn't bother me. Chrome can be annoying with wedges, but that's a minor thing that I can get over.

Yes, polished chrome is the bane of my existence in an iron set, the glare bothers me and they show wear much faster. Give me satin or give me death.

I would prefer satin, but if I hit irons really well I don't think the chrome finish would drive me away.

I like it. As long as the top line is brushed out. Bonus points if that is carried over in some way to the entire face.

Glare isn't an issue for me with my irons. It CAN be an issue with my SC Newport putter, which I wouldn't really even consider to be chrome.

Non-factor but the more I play the chrome finish the more I get a bit frustrated with wear.

I think a satin finish is more durable and shows wear a lot less than chrome does. Just my preference.

Back