Bargain clubs that become bag standouts?

I just bought a Mashie 20.5* about half an hour ago for $20. I'm headed to the range with it as soon as I finish lunch. Hopefully it works for me like it did for you.

Congrats on the purchase! I wish they still made 'em. Happy hitting!

My wife broke the shaft on her Ladies FlyZ 3/4w the day before a tournament. Not being able to match the shaft specs she bought a new club. Took the head, bought the cheapest shaft I could find at golfsmith (Aldila Vx) for $14.99, and using YouTube learned how to build a club. I'm hitting it so well it has a permanent home in my bag now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson DXi hybrid. Got it for 9.99

Looks from top are great and I hit it like a million bucks.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Years back I had a Powerbuilt 4 wood which was pretty sweet.

Nike covert tour driver. I got it for next to nothing because I really just wanted the black tie shaft. It turned out to be one of the best drivers I have ever had.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Adam's speedline idea 1025 19 degree rescue for 30 bucks brand new. Has been excellent from the second it went in the bag. I swear it lands on the green like 75 % of the time.

Only one the comes to mind is picking up a Ping Anser Becu Putter at a yard sale in the mid 90's for $5, used that putter for at least a decade and it still comes out from time to time. No nicks or chips on it, just a pretty patina.

I played a Titleist 19* 503h for 7 or 8 years that I got on eBay for $31. 90% of my rounds the last decade have been played with a putter that I bought used on eBay for under $80 and many I got for under $50. Of course it's not a bargain when you have 25 of those putters!!

Until the last couple years most of my drivers were bought used on eBay for under $100. I played a Mizuno MP 630 driver for 3 years that was only $56 and a Bridgestone J33 for 2 years that was only $90. Recently I've been spending more on late model drivers but the 815 DBD that's been in my bag for 70% of my rounds this year I paid $140 for on the Callaway preowned site.

$5 before taxes for a 52-07 Mizuno Raw Wedge. This club can dig out ball from the rough each time. Love that rusty look & feel.

$20 for a Slazenger 56 black wedge, my go to club for 20-30' chips around the green and downhill lies.

Must be my SLDR S hybrids and drivers ...... I bought them on sale from carlsgolfland and ebay.

Not available in the US I don't think, but in the UK, there is a budget brand called Benross. I picked up a 21* hybrid and 18* 3 wood off eBay for about 20 quid per club. Those 2 clubs stayed in my bag for about 4 years. Loved em!

I grabbed a J33 hybrid for $7. Was a great hybrid for 2 years or so. Still have it and throw it in the bag every so often.

My putter, an Odyssey White Ice #5. Found it on the Dutch Ebay for a bargain, was never used on the course because the seller thought it felt too heavy. I've tried a lot of new putters, but none of them was able to get it out of my bag.

I picked up an Adams 3h out of the used bin at Golfsmith about 4 years ago for $25.00. Gamed it up until last year. Once of the best feeling clubs I've ever had.

I have a mizuno jpx fli-hi 28° hybrid that perfectly replaces my 6i. got it for $70. Filled a gaping hole in my distances perfectly.

In my last set i was looking for a 4h and found a adams idea hybrid for $15 2nd best club in my bag

I bought a set of jMax bazooka wedges from rock bottom for I think 40 bucks just for giggles. I hit them well so they stayed.

30 dollar amp cell hybrid became my go to club for 200 yds

I bought a tour magic 420 cc driver at valley ridge golf course for $80 during a charity event that Mike Weir and Wayne Gretzky put on in 2004, i hadnt hit a driver in like 4 years only 1 irons and instantly fell in love with the thing, it became known as the magic stick and gamed it for 3 years until I cracked the shaft, loved that thing

Back