Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Wedges Review

Just to add to the love, even if you're a relative newbie like me these wedges are great. I had some Mack Daddy 2's that I just didn't really get along with

These are so much better than my old Mack Daddy 2s it's ridiculous.

I like these wedges. I am going to especially love the 58* tour grind. Now that I'm out of competition, I can really try some asinine shots out with it.

They feel a little head heavy compared to what I've been playing, but honestly, once I got used to them, I definitely felt like I had total control over flight, spin, and distance. And I don't know what more you could want out of a wedge.

~Rock

I continue to be really impressed by these wedges. Seem to be a touch longer than my prior gamers, but not enough to be really concerned about. My main full-swing miss with wedges is thin, and these have saved me multiple times, already, on the miss, with solid stopping power.

I really want one of the blue 56's since I now have m3 irons and the price is tempting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

These wedges were the stars of my round today and are quickly becoming the favorite clubs in the bag.
On full swings they just rip into the ball cover and stop on a dime, even when flighted down. For partial swings the sole interacts with the turf perfectly as if it knows what kind of shot you are trying to hit.
Around the green still requires some work for me as these react a little different with an open face than my old J40s do.

Glad to know people are really loving these. I just replaced my TM ATV 54 wedge with a FG Tour TC 54.10 wedge. The Myrtle Beach PGA SuperStore had the "tour frosted" model on sale for $59 so I figured I had nothing to lose. I'm still gaming the 58* ATV wedge, but had to make a change on the 54 to get myself out of the sand. Hoping this works well for me!
Worked pretty well for me this weekend. And now I'm considering going back for the 58*.

I really want one of the blue 56's since I now have m3 irons and the price is tempting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Worked pretty well for me this weekend. And now I'm considering going back for the 58*.

Now I get to play the part of "the enabler"... Ahem... DO IT!!

Now I get to play the part of "the enabler"... Ahem... DO IT!!
LOL. I will be soon. May not make it this week, but dropping the kiddo off with the parents the following week which will put me right next to the PGA SuperStore.

Hit a great shot with my 56 to a down hill pin from about 90 yards to about 4 feet felt awesome! Great ball flight and best of all made the birdie putt

The 56* is longer than my old 56*, which has caused me to fly a few greens from the 90 yard range. I am still very impressed with the versatility and feel.

The 56* is longer than my old 56*, which has caused me to fly a few greens from the 90 yard range. I am still very impressed with the versatility and feel.
Yeah same here but I just opened up my stance and really tried to stay down on it as I had skulled one on this hole last week.

I just spent about an hour playing around with these wedges on the range. I'm really liking the tour grind. Controlling the trajectory is so damn easy with these.

The difference between the W/S FG Tour TC and TM ATV is like night and day. I really love the ATV from out of the sand, but the 54 was just performing lights out for me today around the green, and even in the sand. I hate to give up the comfortability I have with the ATV from out of the sand, but if the W/S 58 performs like the 54, I won't miss the ATV for very long.

These wedges were the stars of my round today and are quickly becoming the favorite clubs in the bag.
On full swings they just rip into the ball cover and stop on a dime, even when flighted down. For partial swings the sole interacts with the turf perfectly as if it knows what kind of shot you are trying to hit.
Around the green still requires some work for me as these react a little different with an open face than my old J40s do.

I have J40's now and these are at the top of my list. Can you provide some insight to j40 and the W/S?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have J40's now and these are at the top of my list. Can you provide some insight to j40 and the W/S?

Both are solid, but I much prefer the Wilson Staff for full swings and for partial swings. My FG TCs are paired with KBS Tours and they are so smooth and consistent.

My J40s have DG Spinners and I've used them for 2 years now. I believe they have more heel relief built into the soles which makes them easier to open up or hit from tight lies around the green than the Standard FG TCs do. But the Tour grind FGs have full sole relief which makes them easier to open than the J40s.

Both are solid, but I much prefer the Wilson Staff for full swings and for partial swings. My FG TCs are paired with KBS Tours and they are so smooth and consistent.

My J40s have DG Spinners and I've used them for 2 years now. I believe they have more heel relief built into the soles which makes them easier to open up or hit from tight lies around the green than the Standard FG TCs do. But the Tour grind FGs have full sole relief which makes them easier to open than the J40s.

Thanks. I was reading on the website that the traditional low is better for medium to diggers and the tour sole for medium shallow. I am definitely a medium/digger. Is the Tour sole versatile enough?

Thanks. I was reading on the website that the traditional low is better for medium to diggers and the tour sole for medium shallow. I am definitely a medium/digger. Is the Tour sole versatile enough?

I tend to get pretty steep with my irons and wedges on full swings so the Tour grinds aren't something that I should be interested in. Especially when taking into consideration that I play in wet and soft conditions at least 6 months per year. In summer conditions I think the Tour Grind would be awesome and plenty versatile and I might pick up a 60* Tour Grind just to play around with.

On the flip side I also think the traditional sole is versatile, just in a different way. I need to spend more time with them chipping and pitching from different lies before I can truly say how versatile they are for me.

I tend to get pretty steep with my irons and wedges on full swings so the Tour grinds aren't something that I should be interested in. Especially when taking into consideration that I play in wet and soft conditions at least 6 months per year. In summer conditions I think the Tour Grind would be awesome and plenty versatile and I might pick up a 60* Tour Grind just to play around with.

On the flip side I also think the traditional sole is versatile, just in a different way. I need to spend more time with them chipping and pitching from different lies before I can truly say how versatile they are for me.

My concerns exactly. I'm in south Florida and we have soft wet conditions year round. Sometimes we do got the hard pan stuff but not nearly as often

I may be one of the few that has one of each. For my 50*, I went with the traditional sole because the bounce is lower (I think 8*) than the tour grind in the same loft, and I wanted something I could hit off the fairway. For the 56*, the tour grind actually has the lower bounce (11* vs. 14*), making it also slightly easier to hit off the deck, but the shape of the sole gives you a lot of flexibility around the green, and 11* is still plenty of bounce for me in thick rough and sand. I've really liked both of them so far.

I may be one of the few that has one of each. For my 50*, I went with the traditional sole because the bounce is lower (I think 8*) than the tour grind in the same loft, and I wanted something I could hit off the fairway. For the 56*, the tour grind actually has the lower bounce (11* vs. 14*), making it also slightly easier to hit off the deck, but the shape of the sole gives you a lot of flexibility around the green, and 11* is still plenty of bounce for me in thick rough and sand. I've really liked both of them so far.

Thanks for the info. I'm thinking 50* traditional sole as that's strictly an approach club for me off the fairway. My 54* I like to use for a lot of different shots. And my 58* is greenside shots for the most part. I'm trying to figure out which grind is better for my 54* and 58*

The FG Tour TC wedge continues to perform for me. Half shots, chips ... looks like I found someone to buy the 54 ATV. Will put that cash towards the 58* FG Tour TC wedge! Maybe even a 50 if the W/S prototypes only go up to PW.

What grinds do you have?

What grinds do you have?
It's the traditional sole, 10 degrees of bounce. Not sure what I'll do when I get the 50 (tour or traditional) and the 58 is only tour grind.

I went to PGA superstore and tried the low bounce 50 and tour grind 50. I was hitting a bit lower on the face and more Center with the tour grind. Ultimately went with 50 and 54 tour Grind

17c19f0c35bce5a9c7baf6c7be523e51.jpg

The FG Tour TC wedge continues to perform for me. Half shots, chips ... looks like I found someone to buy the 54 ATV. Will put that cash towards the 58* FG Tour TC wedge! Maybe even a 50 if the W/S prototypes only go up to PW.

I've spent a lot of time considering the same thing these past two days. Im in serious ponder mode with these wedges.

Back