Putting alignment mirrors

Germerican

AngryYankee
Reaction score
Handicap
23.8 USGA
Saw these and am intrigued. For those that have or used one, gimmick or helpful?

Very helpful.
I would make sure you have one that has lines so you can work on shoulder alignment as well as the notch where you can putt while using it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Very helpful.
I would make sure you have one that has lines so you can work on shoulder alignment as well as the notch where you can putt while using it

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I agree if you use them correctly they help a lot. One big thing I noticed when I used one was where my we position was.

I just use an old CD flipped over when I'm putting in my living room to check my eye position. I'm sure that a lot of these are great with the added features, but the cd seems to work fine for me

I much prefer the mirror to a cd. Very good tool to make sure you get in the same position every time. CD will work in a pinch however.

I much prefer the mirror to a cd. Very good tool to make sure you get in the same position every time. CD will work in a pinch however.

I saw Michael Breed use a lined/notched laminated piece of paper as a putting alignment aid on this weeks episode of The Golf Fix. What benefit does the mirror provide over a tool like Breed's? And does the mirror/reflective material get damaged with use due to the metal from a putter?

Quick update:
Bought the 21" SKLZ putting mirror (so damn expensive) and used it before my round Sunday. Found immediate alignment issues. My left foot was about an inch off resulting in my shoulders being open. After a few rolls on the practice green I saw results on the actual greens. My aim was better and my long distance putting improved a lot. Still horrible at reading greens.

I bought the Eye Line mirror a little while ago. The first time that I used it I discovered that my eyes were not lined up correctly. I THOUGHT that I was over the ball when I was actually PAST the ball. I made the adjustment and now my eyes are over the ball even though it LOOKS like I am short of the ball in my setup. Aiming correctly made a difference in my putting. The last time that I played, my partner even commented that I appeared to be putting better for some reason.

Do you guys have a preference between the eye line mirror and the sklz mirror? I sort of like how the eye line mirror has the ball starting on grass versus having the ball roll on the mirror partly before rolling on grass. Not sure if that justifies a 20 dollar hike in price.

I use the SKLZ and have not tried out the Eye Line. When I bought it I did not have a choice of brands.

Back