4 wood suggestions?

aslxa

Reaction score
I just came back from demoing a few fairway woods and need some additional suggestions for something in the 16-17* range. This would be primarily (90% of the time) a tee club but I'm not worried about it being "long", etc. so long as it fits the distance slot I need which is about 220-230. I did not like the XR and XR Pros I hit today so the current Callaways are out; the 915f was very nice but much more than I want to spend. Other ideas?

I just came back from demoing a few fairway woods and need some additional suggestions for something in the 16-17* range. This would be primarily (90% of the time) a tee club but I'm not worried about it being "long", etc. so long as it fits the distance slot I need which is about 220-230. I did not like the XR and XR Pros I hit today so the current Callaways are out; the 915f was very nice but much more than I want to spend. Other ideas?

What are you looking for in a 4 wood? Something you can move around the ballflight with, or something that's a bit more high and straight? If the former, take a look at the Srixon F45. A bit smaller profile, and a really nice all around fairway.

Most of the time off the tee in the 16-17* range? You'd be hard pressed to find a better option than the Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 4 wood (16.5 degrees). Srixon F45 is another good option at 17 degrees. I own both, and the E8 is likely taking the spot in the bag over the Srixon

If you're looking for cheaper, you could try a Rocketballz Stage 2 HL 3W, which is basically a 4W. I had the regular 3W for a long time and it was a bomber.

4 wood suggestions?

I picked up a Adams Flat Lie 16 degree 4 wood and love it. I hit mine 200+ on an approach shot yesterday while playing with Dawg Daddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.S. They have em at Dick's now for $39.00

What are you looking for in a 4 wood? Something you can move around the ballflight with, or something that's a bit more high and straight? If the former, take a look at the Srixon F45. A bit smaller profile, and a really nice all around fairway.

High and straight would be great. I use the club in this slot for placement on doglegs and also on a few very long par 3s I play.

High and straight would be great. I use the club in this slot for placement on doglegs and also on a few very long par 3s I play.

The TaylorMade SLDR S HL was a club that fit that bill when I demoed it - they (and the JetSpeedm which is very similar) can be had for basically nothing these days. Shaft is on the longer side - more 3W length, but that's an easy fix. The Srixon is fantastic off the tee. You might also want to take a look at the V series 3W, which comes in at (I believe) 15.5 degrees, and is stupid easy to get off the deck.

Most of the time off the tee in the 16-17* range? You'd be hard pressed to find a better option than the Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 4 wood (16.5 degrees). Srixon F45 is another good option at 17 degrees. I own both, and the E8 is likely taking the spot in the bag over the Srixon
This... take a serious look at exotics when pondering fairway woods. I haven't hit the e8b yet, but I've played a cb pro 4 wood, and currently game the xcg6, which is surprisingly workable for the amount of forgiveness.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a TEE Trilogy 4 wood ... the newer version is the X-Rail. Can be had for pretty cheap and it cuts through rough like a hot knife through butter.

Callaway V-Series 3W at 15.5*

Easy swinging high launching fairway finder. Don't worry about it saying 3W, just look at the trajectory.

I'll throw in a vote for an X2 hot 4 wood. For me it is the easiest fairway to hit I've tried and plenty long. They can also be had for a nice price on Callaway pre owned.

I have a BioCell + 3-4w for sale in the marketplace right now at a great price...

I'll throw in a vote for an X2 hot 4 wood. For me it is the easiest fairway to hit I've tried and plenty long. They can also be had for a nice price on Callaway pre owned.
I second this. The X2Hot 4-wood is a bomber, and super forgiving.

TEE E8 Beta I have it in the three wood and currently have taken my driver out of the bag. They have a 16.5 that rocks also.

I second this. The X2Hot 4-wood is a bomber, and super forgiving.
I'm not even going to read the other posts, I saw this one and agree 1000%. I will hit this club until there are no more on the Earth to purchase and use.

I'm not even going to read the other posts, I saw this one and agree 1000%. I will hit this club until there are no more on the Earth to purchase and use.
Truth be told, I like the XR better, but the X2Hot can be had for not a lot of money. Some of that is the stock shaft fitting me a bit better.

If you like the 915f, try looking for a used 910 or 913 on the bay. That is where I got my 910f. Love it!

Best club in my bag is my Titleist 904F 19* fairway. I'd say that's a 5 in classic terms, but I hit it about 215-220. Solid head that just gives me that confidence that I'm going to put it where I want to.

There was a 17* in that line up that I'm sure you could find without any problem. With a GD YS-6+ in Stiff I'm sure that it would suit the space you're looking to fill at a great price point.

There's nothing that's going to knock the 904F fairways out of my bag until there's a cracktastrophe or worse.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I did go back and hit a used X2 Hot which was long and sat very nicely at address but the stock shaft (just as with the XR line) was a very bad match for me. Unfortunately I have nowhere locally to try an Exotics and at that cost, I would definitely want to demo first.

I bought a Cobra 3-4 wood 3 weeks ago. It is an Amp Cell. It is adjustable loft, and face angle. I am killing the ball 225-235 yards, with a nice soft landing . It is set on 16°. I got it on ebay for $39, free shipping.

Jack

I would suggest the Cleveland 588 18° five wood it has a 43" shaft so it plays a little longer than you might expect, excellent from both tee and fairway. The Callaway x-hot is also a good choice and comes in 17° again very easy for both uses. The Cleveland Mashie is a favorite of mine and very affordable and a lot here agree the 18° 5-wood is the top performer in this line. It is a very versatile club.

The Cleveland Mashie is a favorite of mine and very affordable and a lot here agree the 18° 5-wood is the top performer in this line. It is a very versatile club.
Yep. The 5&7 are in my backup bag. Great clubs.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned g25. Mine is so forgiving, only way to miss hit it is to miss the ball, and it gets the ball up into the air easily, even off the deck.

G25 is a great 4 wood. Maybe not as long as a few but real forgiving. ALso, the G30 5 wood is 18 degrees but you adjust up to 1 degree to get you to 17. I like the G25 because the face is just a little shallower.

I have the G25 4w and it's a bomber. Off the tee for me, it's just as long as a 3w or even most of the mini drivers.

Back