Wanted - THP Staff Writer

Then it could lose something in the meaning...in the deepest parts of my creative mind! :bulgy-eyes:

I'm trying to tug on emotions here!

LOL

One of my favorite shows ever was called Sports Night. There was an episode called The Apology where they ask the associate producer to edit the MLB game for the show. He comes back with something that is like 7 minutes long. They need 10 seconds. He keeps saying "But this walk is the calm before the storm" and he keeps saying he cant cut anything.

In the end, they just read the score.

I need more words, please. I'm on a damn roll. Can't stop. Too much info.
That was me too. I could have easily written another 300 on my topic. I had to cut around 60 words to get under the limit.

Good luck to everyone who submitted. This is such an awesome opportunity and one of the reasons THP is so special. As a community, we have such a deep, deep bench.

JM

Good luck guys. This is an incredible opportunity and one that someone will do a great job with.

It's been a crazy few days but I finally came up with a topic I liked a lot and got my submission in.

Good Luck to everyone who does decide to throw their name in the mix!

Article done and submitted. Thanks again for giving us such a great opportunity!

I am really second guessing myself right now. This is an awesome opportunity. And to be a part of the team? Hells to the yes!!

Good luck everyone!

Just hit submit on my entry. I'm happy with what I came up with, and even happier that I was able to stay under 600 words! The chances of winning this competition is pretty slim just due to the sheer number of entries that I'm sure will come in, but I had to take my shot at it. If there is a thread where everyone posts their entries after the winner is announced, I'll be sure to post my article in there.

Good luck folks! I know those that entered put a good bit of thought into their submissions. :clapp:

Wait wait wait, I thought it was rigged.

/truth

People are easy.

FIFY

I suspected as much. Who is our union rep? Or do we go to HR directly with our EEO complaints?

/Mongolian Reversal sarcasm

Last day! Good luck everyone.

To much going on to have time for this but good luck to everyone who is going after this

Made it.
< 600.
Tough.

Harder to write less than more sometimes.

Toughest paper I ever wrote was like 7200 words.:bulgy-eyes::banghead:

Submission sent.

Good luck everyone.

Good luck to those that sent in the entries

Good luck to everyone who submitted a write up. Pretty excited to see what comes of this position.

Good luck everyone! I have no time with a couple little kids. Maybe in a few years.

Today is the big day. It was amazing to me when I submitted my review for the previous staff writer position how much the experience was an audition for myself. The whole process quickly makes it apparent just how much work goes into articles/reviews, and how 'serious' it can be. Still extremely fun and enjoyable, but serious all the same.

It was a humbling feeling, one I still feel today. I hope everyone who submitted feels satisfied with what they accomplished, and I look forward to seeing who will be joining us in our writing efforts to improve THP. Best of luck to all of you.

Where will the winner be announced? Will they announce the names or THP handles of all entrants?

Where will the winner be announced? Will they announce the names or THP handles of all entrants?

We dont announce all entrants. People can choose to put things out there if they want to.
When a selection is made, it will be announced on the THP Forum.

First step is we take each article and remove the name and info.
Then they are forwarded to the people that help with this decision.

Today is the big day. It was amazing to me when I submitted my review for the previous staff writer position how much the experience was an audition for myself. The whole process quickly makes it apparent just how much work goes into articles/reviews, and how 'serious' it can be. Still extremely fun and enjoyable, but serious all the same.

It was a humbling feeling, one I still feel today. I hope everyone who submitted feels satisfied with what they accomplished, and I look forward to seeing who will be joining us in our writing efforts to improve THP. Best of luck to all of you.
I must have had a dozen tabs open. NOT to plagiarize, because it was an opinion/information piece, but to research. I learned some really awesome things about my topic (that couldn't fit in the article). If nothing else, I learned something and have a new respect for "something/someone/etc". (can't give it away yet)

One of my favorite shows ever was called Sports Night. There was an episode called The Apology where they ask the associate producer to edit the MLB game for the show. He comes back with something that is like 7 minutes long. They need 10 seconds. He keeps saying "But this walk is the calm before the storm" and he keeps saying he cant cut anything.

In the end, they just read the score.
Bit of an aside, that was an awesome show!

Best of luck to all the entrants, and I know whoever gets the gig will do a great job!

I do want to throw something out there, and I really hope it isn't taken the wrong way, because that isn't at all my intent.

While I see it as an incredibly opportunity for someone to further improve this place that I love and a homepage that has gotten exponentially better over the past couple years, its not really "winning" to me per-say. Its going to be earned to get the job, and it'll be earned to keep it. Golf is fun, we all adore talking golf and living golf, but make no mistake writing on deadlines is work. Everyone always loves to focus in only on the "perks" (and there are some truly truly truly awesome ones), but its also something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Not trying to fear monger or anything like that, just throwing some thoughts out there. No matter what, I wish everyone the best of luck, and I know whomever fills this role will be in it to keep advancing THP to the next level while keeping our awesome community involved and engaged!

Love it!

I've looked at this as an experience to open up to a fear I've had in the past...writing. What an eye opener it has been watching a short piece take form and come to life. Regardless if I find myself in what will be an exciting and demanding position or not, I want to thank THP for allowing myself to channel some inner qualities I never knew I had.

Good luck to all the entrants!

Not taken the wrong way at all JMan. It is a good reminder that the selected person, will in affect be taking on a part time job.

Yes a job hopefully he/she enjoys, or why else submit a piece to be considered, but definitely a deadline responsibility in a lot of cases.

Back