Contest - Pick Any Driver

Congratulations

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Congrats Paladin. Nice pick.

Congratulations Paladin! Enjoy your new stick.

Congrats on the win!

Congrats paladin

Congrats! And it is an awesome Driver, can't imagine you will be disappointed at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats.

Congrats! Way to go THP!!!

Congrats on the new driver

Congrats on the driver.

Congrats Paladin! Wield that new big stick well.

Congrats!!

Congratulations!

Congrats and enjoy that driver!

Congrats Paladin!!!

Congrats!

The Great Big Bertha arrived yesterday, but unfortunately it's got a rather notable crack in the driver head:

So with this in mind, I have a couple of options, per JB: I can contact Callaway customer service and have them replace it, or I can send this one back to JB and get another one in exchange. I've been thinking about this all morning, and while I can narrow it down to a few drivers, I simply can't make a decision as far as which to go with.

That being said, I put it to you members of this august golfing community. No matter what driver I end up with, I'll be comparing it to the my current driver, the Cobra Fly-Z+ for at least a couple of months before I nail down my decision. I really want to be able to offer an honest, long-ish term evaluation of whatever driver I end up with, in order to hopefully give back to THP as a community...Here are the options:

Callaway XR Pro
Cobra King LTD
Ping G
Don't be an idiot, just replace the Great Big Bertha

Get some votes in over the weekend, and I'll make a move on Monday. For those who are wondering, my swing speed is about 105 mph, my good drives have a little fade on the end, distance is about 260 off the tee with the Cobra Fly-Z+, which I rather like currently. I feel like all four of those drivers will have to really impress to knock the Fly-Z+ out of the bag.

I'd just get a new head from Callaway! Nothing wrong with the other drivers, but new is always nice.

With that said, if you had to choose, I'd get the XR 16 Pro or King LTD.

I am assuming you picked the GBB with good reason--meaning you hit it and really liked, thought it would be the best fit for you, or just wanted to try it more than the others.

Why not contact Callaway to see if you could get a replacement? That would be my vote, followed by trade it for the XR Pro.

Bummer there was a crack in the driver head. It was probably one I used, I guess I don't know my own strength.

I'd contact Callaway and just get a new head personally. You'd enjoy the GBB quite a bit friend

I'd go with another GBB. If that's what you wanted in the first place and get something different now, you'll be kicking yourself in the @$$ if it doesn't work out.

Dude, I will send you another GBB if you would like. You didnt have to pick another driver.
Just as their CS would as well.
Only reason I even gave the option of their CS, is because your location is closer to them than me.

Im with the others. I would go for a new GBB head directly from Callaway. Their customer service is world class and it would get to you in no time

New head from Callaway. Easy peasy and done.

Back