2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Was cleaning out stuff from my golf room. Happened to find these.
ydehuveq.jpg

Pound driver up the right side and let the baby draw leave me in the middle of the fairway.

If that fails, I pray that my partner bails us out.

I was thinking aim it off that far left bunker and cut it back in... Either way you're right, hope my partner me out in case of poor execution.

Have some confidence fellas! Sheesh! :alien:

Got 8 holes in before the nasty storm got here. Good thing we're playing early next weekend!

I was thinking aim it off that far left bunker and cut it back in... Either way you're right, hope my partner me out in case of poor execution.
I'm thinking both drives in the short grass, and we have good options.

Grumble, grumble. I'm not happy that I have to wait until Thursday to fly down. I'm ready now and need this. I should have driven down. It would have given me an excuse to leave tomorrow, and I could have stopped on the way and played a round with my buddies DawgDaddy and TOAD. Then, Dawg and I could have driven down to Orlando and played Grand Cypress, one of my favs. Then down to PGA National and a round on Thursday with THPeeps! Of course, by the time the Championship started, this old body would have been ready to give out. But, what fun it would have been. (Sigh)

Grumble, grumble. I'm not happy that I have to wait until Thursday to fly down. I'm ready now and need this. I should have driven down. It would have given me an excuse to leave tomorrow, and I could have stopped on the way and played a round with my buddies DawgDaddy and TOAD. Then, Dawg and I could have driven down to Orlando and played Grand Cypress, one of my favs. Then down to PGA National and a round on Thursday with THPeeps! Of course, by the time the Championship started, this old body would have been ready to give out. But, what fun it would have been. (Sigh)

Man, Ken and Barb[ie] sound like a perfect pair wanting to travel everywhere by vehicle!

Man, Ken and Barb[ie] sound like a perfect pair wanting to travel everywhere by vehicle!

Not really. I don't like long car trips. In the above scenario, the trip home would have been brutal. I would have been tempted to sell my vehicle in Florida and fly back. HaHa I don't know how CJ does it.

I'll be playing two more rounds before I head down on thursday. Pretty exciting knowing we're less than a week

I'll be playing two more rounds before I head down on thursday. Pretty exciting knowing we're less than a week

Nice, me too, playing Tuesday then practicing Wednesday, sharpening everything up.

Then it's time to take down the bear trap, OGwhatever they're calling themselves and anyone else that wants some!

Does the OG stand for old guys?

Not really. I don't like long car trips. In the above scenario, the trip home would have been brutal. I would have been tempted to sell my vehicle in Florida and fly back. HaHa I don't know how CJ does it.

Shoot, in that scenario you would have parked your car in middle Georgia and simply rode down with me. Stopping in Orlando both ways to break up the trip. That would have been a fun ride IMO.

Oh, he's asking for it now! :popcorn:
Figured I would go the non defeated in advance route that most others have taken

Figured I would go the non defeated in advance route that most others have taken

Or just lay like a snake in the grass like Alex Pluffington, ESQ, waiting to strike Saturday morning.

Does the OG stand for old guys?

I think v.man and myself might be the Official old guys in the event......but we are spry.....have not met you yet v.man, we will have to have a beer and tell old war stories

I think v.man and myself might be the Official old guys in the event......but we are spry.....have not met you yet v.man, we will have to have a beer and tell old war stories

Got a deal there buddy. See you soon.

I'm thinking both drives in the short grass, and we have good options.

Yep. Grass just in front of the tee box is short.

You got this!

2014 THP Bridgestone Championship - PGA National

Well today was great.

Up till now my fiancé had so many things going on with work and her family she hadn't cared to hear much about the trip. So I hadn't brought it up much.

Today we were out doing Saturday errands (cue Will Farrell Old School clip).

Anyway she started asking a lot about it, the hotel courses how any rounds etc. I told her all about it.

She said so do we need to go up to GolfSmith for you to buy anything.

I said, yep probably could use a new driver for the trip :)

She just laughed and said, it's your money. But I could read the look behind the words and just laughed.

But it felt good for her to be interested in it finally.

Haha. That's awesome buddy - looking forward to the ladies meeting each other!

Back