The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not aby career I've had.

Curious if you can expand on that. What careers have you had? Seems to run pretty similar for a lot of different companies.

Curious if you can expand on that. What careers have you had? Seems to run pretty similar for a lot of different companies.

Mostly nothing important, currently I'm in a mid tier position for one of the largest agricultural dealerships in America, in terms of volume of sales.

Mostly nothing important, currently I'm in a mid tier position for one of the largest agricultural dealerships in America, in terms of volume of sales.

I'm assuming that his point was, if there was video of you punching your wife in the face and knocking her unconscious in an elevator and your bosses got it, it's likely you're no longer employed. Or something to that effect

I'll expand on this. I'm a consultant and help customers make decisions based inputs and outputs. As such I handle quit a bit of their information.
If I worked with you on a retail basis, you would give me a list of items you stock, then details on how you display it, along with what you've sold and for how much. I would analyze it and make suggestions on what you do, stock, and how changing layouts would help. Helping you maximize your profit per input.

Only I do it with plants, soil variety, field layout and such.

I'm assuming that his point was, if there was video of you punching your wife in the face and knocking her unconscious in an elevator and your bosses got it, it's likely you're no longer employed. Or something to that effect

That, probably, a DUI? No, drugs like Marijuana, no. I would suspect given where I'm at locally and the culture, even if I were to do what Peterson did I wouldn't be fired. And unfortunately I know of a circumstance to back that up. Though I wonder if my complaint about that incident changed policy, I don't think it did.

Last edited:
Yet if it hit the national news that you "abused" children and there was public outcry, I can guarantee you would be let go from this type of position.

Yet if it hit the national news that you "abused" children and there was public outcry, I can guarantee you would be let go from this type of position.

Unfortunately, no. At least this hasn't been the case previously.

One of our former employees was charged with the sickening act of shaking a baby, there was a lot of local outrage, and even outrage amoung the company.

The people in charge waited, eventually he was found innocent, he had tried to stop his wife, who was the one who did it, but no one believed him. Coincidentally I think he was charged with domestic assault as well since he ended up hitting her to make her stop, all around a terrible sickening situation.
Eventually he was let go, but it was for not showing up to work.

Unfortunately, no. At least this hasn't been the case previously.

One of our former employees was charged with the sickening act of shaking a baby, there was a lot of local outrage, and even outrage amoung the company.

The people in charge waited, eventually he was found innocent, he had tried to stop his wife, who was the one who did it, but no one believed him. Coincidentally I think he was charged with domestic assault as well since he ended up hitting her to make her stop, all around a terrible sickening situation.
Eventually he was let go, but it was for not showing up to work.

It's a bit different than national outcry from every media outlet in the country. While wrong it's how things work.

It's a bit different than national outcry from every media outlet in the country. While wrong it's how things work.

Certainly it is, but I don't think it would ever reach that level, short of maybe a serial event.

We are not a national company.
The amount of heat we received is unheard of really, when you have people threating to quit in other branches and you are on the verge of loosing multi-million dollar accounts.

Of course, the court action was relatively swift in comparison.

It's the closest thing I can compare to, I don't like hypotheticals.

I think you are missing my point, so I will head back to golf conversations.

Yikes maybe this thread needs moved to debate room

I think you are missing my point, so I will head back to golf conversations.

No I get your point completely, trust me. I'm even rethinking my stance, though it's a frustrating process.

I don't think you're understanding my point, when people locally are calling into the local radio station it is huge, and the amount of calls was in comparison more. That may seem like a laughing point, but you don't live where I do, you don't know how things work around here.

Had this been blown up to the scale of the NFL it would be a bigger scandal.

So when are the Raiders going to be good again.

Anyone ever think the outrage should be directed to the culture many of these guys grow up in where hitting your wife whenever you want is ok? Seems like they're damaged goods by the time they get to Roger Dodger.

I'd much rather see that discussed by these media geniuses with all the answers....but I'm sure that's racist thinking.

Completely agree, when you're raised in around it, surrounded by it, you look at it differently.

That can be seen most in the Peterson case, though to a lesser extent the other cases as well.

It's not a failing of the NFL, or the NCAA, or any organization, it's a failure of society.

In multiple ways.

It shouldn't be about punishment, it should be about reform, unfortunately a lot of people don't see it that way, revenge or getting even, punishing those who did wrong. It doesn't fix the problem, never has never will.

How about them Buffalo Bills!!! I think we got an ok shot at going 3-0 today.

How about them Buffalo Bills!!! I think we got an ok shot at going 3-0 today.

Didn't they start 2011 5-2 and finish 6-10? Hope they don't let you down I really want to see the Bill's and Fin's shake up the division I'm so tired of the Pat's.

Didn't they start 2011 5-2 and finish 6-10? Hope they don't let you down I really want to see the Bill's and Fin's shake up the division I'm so tired of the Pat's.

haha I believe we were 5-1 yes and we missed the playoffs. I try to think positive about this season but whenever anyone else brings up them starting ok I always bring up that season too.

The Packers are playing a 2-5 defense. Grasping at straws much?

DJackson is just such a piece of crap.

Eddie Lacey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back