Nike Vapor Pro driver

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Looks like Rory will be gaming it at the Ryder!
loop-Rory-mcilroy-Nike-vapor-driver-v2-280.jpg

This thing looks absolutely fascinating. I used to rock some Nike irons and would certainly not be opposed to bagging some of the new equipment they're coming out with this year. Even setting aside performance factors, between these and the new irons, Nike's new stuff looks MEAN

Looks like Rory will be gaming it at the Ryder!
loop-Rory-mcilroy-Nike-vapor-driver-v2-280.jpg

Looks like some sort of a Pro model, the cavity in the one from the video is mostly blacked out and Rory's looks like its mostly green. I dont see any place to put the weight core in from this angle either.

Yeah, that's not the driver from the video unless they really changed the paint scheme around for him

I like what I'm seeing here. Though I feel like having that removable weight on the bottom like that makes the sole look a little weird, then again I thought my R1 would look wierd and I rarely notice it at all. Have to see in in person. Great Video.

Could be that my brain has just not turned on yet this morning, but does backwards compatable mean I can use the shaft from my covert 1.0/2.0 in the vapor? Or does it just mean that you could use the shaft from the vapor in the 1.0/2.0? Or both?

They definitely made some changes from the covert, but Nike is really exploring this "front to back" with the CG. The coverts had lots of weight moved to the front, and now they have that interchangeability with the core. It's interesting.

And unmerged now......sorry for the confusion fellas.

If he's switching drivers it must mean that he hits it either longer or straighter than his last one...and that's just unfair for the field haha.

Any chance Nike just painted his Covert to look like a Vapor?

That's not the Flex model. It has the compression channel and cavity, but not the removeable weight. Imagine that's the tour model. There's likely a performance model Vapor as well. Then the flex model, with all the tech goods.

I'm excited to see the compression channel come back. My normal miss is low on the driver and would love to see some more pop lower on the face.

Looks quite interesting, will be great to watch and see how it plays out. Should be an epic showdown

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is 8 yards longer and maneuver better both ways then his reg. gamer. Not sure about putting in play.

He is 8 yards longer and maneuver better both ways then his reg. gamer. Not sure about putting in play.
McIlroy just gained 8 yards with an equipment change?

Oh my sweet goodness. Poor Bubba.

McIlroy just gained 8 yards with an equipment change?

Oh my sweet goodness. Poor Bubba.

That's what was reported. Scary knowing how straight he hits it

That's what was reported. Scary knowing how straight he hits it

Rory gained 8 yards? A few things are scary about that to me.

1) Rory gained 8 yards? How is that fair to the rest of the mere mortal golfers?
2) With all the talk about maxed out equipment, gains are possible
3) All of the tech in that new driver seems to really matter.
4) 8 YARDS?!!?! WHAT THE HELL??? THAT ISN'T FAIR!!!!

Rory gained 8 yards? A few things are scary about that to me.

1) Rory gained 8 yards? How is that fair to the rest of the mere mortal golfers?
2) With all the talk about maxed out equipment, gains are possible
3) All of the tech in that new driver seems to really matter.
4) 8 YARDS?!!?! WHAT THE HELL??? THAT ISN'T FAIR!!!!
But that's not 17 more yards :alien:

Here are 2 of the Vapor Drivers.

ByOeWbUCEAAC62w.jpg

Too bad we don't live in a black and white world :glasses-cool:

Back