Freddie, what do you see?

MPlefty

Reaction score
Handicap
these are videos taken from a lesson yesterday, at first glance, you can see that my arms are disconnecting very early in the swing and everything goes down from there. my instructor suggested some thoughts to work on this, but I would be very interested in what you see and maybe some drills to work on.

hey teammate... i am no freddy just thoughts what i see. You have a early wrist set of the club witch isnt necessarily bad danny willet does it. but you are setting it kind of behind you on a flatter plane.

if you can get the shaft setting more more vertical on the backswing it will help keep you right arm from pulling away from your body.

There is some Quebecois goodness! Looking forward to seeing what Freddie has to say!

There is some Quebecois goodness! Looking forward to seeing what Freddie has to say!

yeah, if you consider a 125 yards 8 iron goodness... at least its relatively consistent

yeah, if you consider a 125 yards 8 iron goodness... at least its relatively consistent

What does the ball flight look like ? too high ? too much fade?

What does the ball flight look like ? too high ? too much fade?

it is a high pull fade that usually lands either on target lin or within five yards on the right. I think part of it is my grip that is too weak and leaves me with the club open at impact

it is a high pull fade that usually lands either on target lin or within five yards on the right. I think part of it is my grip that is too weak and leaves me with the club open at impact

Have you ever experimented with a stronger grip? i would strengthen it little buy little your ball flight should come down and once you start hitting straight pulls you will know your face is square to your path.

Looks like your swinging way to hard.Let the club do the work for you

No expert here, but what I see is that your early wrist set involves rolling the face open early. That would contribute to the arms disconnecting early and hitting fades

From when we were playing I really noticed your take-away was a early set with the face wide open and then you shut it on the way back down, since you were driving the ball so well, I really didn't want to throw any 2 cents.

If you are having issues shutting the face and timing, it's because your take-away to the top is started by your wrist set and not your shoulders.

I'd work on a more neutral take away keeping the face directed towards the path and not straight up or away from the path right the way.

That distance is about what I am hitting mine right now. Freddie will get you fixed up!

I wish I had your weight shift. Man I am having a brutal time getting mine straightened out.

Bumb for Freddie

One thing I do not like doing is stepping on someone eslses work. If you are working with someone, the tips really need to come from him as well as the drills. What I say might go against his instruction and cloud your thinking. Stick with your pro and allow him to help you. If that doesn't work, I can assist.

these are videos taken from a lesson yesterday, at first glance, you can see that my arms are disconnecting very early in the swing and everything goes down from there. my instructor suggested some thoughts to work on this, but I would be very interested in what you see and maybe some drills to work on.

Back