Tim Finchem's Salary

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
maAr01_myshot_finchem.jpg

In 2007, PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem earned $4.8 million in salary ($1.3M), bonuses ($3.2M), and benefits ($240k). If he had been included on the 2007 money list, he would have placed third behind Tiger and Phil.

In contrast, Carolyn Bivens, LPGA Commissioner, earned $710,812 in salary and benefits in 2006. That would have place her 15th on the 2006 LPGA Money List.

t1_bivens.jpg

the salaries are likely proportional to the net value of their organizations... from that point of view they are justified

Agreed, Dan. Sad to say, about the only career (and I use that term advisedly) where women routinely out-earn men is modeling. Well, okay, there may be others; that's the one that springs to mind.

I'm staying out of this one.
exit-stage-right.gif

Agreed, Dan. Sad to say, about the only career (and I use that term advisedly) where women routinely out-earn men is modeling. Well, okay, there may be others; that's the one that springs to mind.

Unfortunately that is probably the case... just another injustice out there Claire

In my office, the women out earn the men each year. Women make great headhunters.

Just FYI: I didn't really intend this to be a Finchem vs. Bivens or Men vs. Women salary thread. Rather, it was supposed to be a "holy crap Tim Finchem makes a lot of money!" thread. However, having said that, I do think it is an interesting issue.

I wonder what Finchem's "bonuses" were based on?

They are mostly based on tour revenue from what I have been told. Small bonuses based on TV ratings as well.

As for what he makes. That is not a lot compared to other commissioners of other sports leagues IIRC.

golf is a true marketing powerhouse... the only sports television programing (well, major sports at least) with commercials for private jets!

golf is a true marketing powerhouse... the only sports television programing (well, major sports at least) with commercials for private jets!

A long-ago boyfriend is a business appraiser. Started out at Associates Commercial, which (then) ran a lot of ads on golf tourneys. BF said it was because more entrepreneurs and private business owners watch golf than any other sport. I suspect that's still the case.

A long-ago boyfriend is a business appraiser. Started out at Associates Commercial, which (then) ran a lot of ads on golf tourneys. BF said it was because more entrepreneurs and private business owners watch golf than any other sport. I suspect that's still the case.

Of course... I quiver at the Rolex commercials!

The other burning question this thread should address is the whole leaning-over-the-table power pose. Is this limited to sports execs, or is it the new de rigeur business pose?

I spelled it correctly this time, didn't I, Harry?

Everytime I have seen a photo shoot with execs, they are made to pose that way. Its absurd.

The other burning question this thread should address is the whole leaning-over-the-table power pose. Is this limited to sports execs, or is it the new de rigeur business pose?

I noticed that too - you need the reflection too! It makes Bivens look like a pilgrim.

I'd say Carolyn has a lot of room to work up. Someone needs to start marketing the LPGA, seriously too, not with swimsuit calendars. :sick: (I'll save the trouble: next response - but I love the swimsuit calendars! Julie's response - yep, just look at the numbers after the dollar signs, see how great those are working.)

That is too bad she only gets $700,000 a year, it must be tough to make ends meet with that small a salary.

I know huh... it's amazing the salaries that executives are raking in today.

Yesterday my company announced that there would be zero bonuses or raises for 2009. Also, promotions will not see pay raises and be title only. Meanwhile, our CEO makes 166.66 cents a minute. We also were bailed out by the government, he must have really earned his salary!

They are mostly based on tour revenue from what I have been told. Small bonuses based on TV ratings as well.

As for what he makes. That is not a lot compared to other commissioners of other sports leagues IIRC.

Yeah, Bug Selig and Roger Goodell both made like $11.4 million last year.

Back