Mother's day 2016

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay guys what are y'all and your kids doing for mothers day. We celebrate last night because I will be gone this weekend. Below is the picture of what I made my wife. Other than buying the board I did all the rest including the painting.

16bf7b87d4107bc802f0c7e46efdea64.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Making her breakfast, and sending her to get mani/pedi with our daughter.

wife and her mom are getting a mediocre dinner cooked for them Sunday night (after I golf, naturally).

I bought her the mixer she so desperately doesn't need but thinks would be fun. Works for me.

Gonna take the wife (& kids) out for breakfast and then we'll make stops at my Mom's and MIL's houses.

Surprise trip up to see her GrandMa (who's 90) on Mother's Day.

A card, my son picked out some cheap flowers, and a Tervis cup. She'll probably be getting a mani/pedi soon too.

Brunch and a gift card to Michael Kors. In the span of 10 days we've had our anniversary, her birthday and now Mother's Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brunch and a gift card to Michael Kors. In the span of 10 days we've had our anniversary, her birthday and now Mother's Day

Mine runs the other way. Starts with Mother's day and ends with our anniversary. May is an expensive month. :bulgy-eyes: She's totally worth it though. :in-love:

Mine runs the other way. Starts with Mother's day and ends with our anniversary. May is an expensive month. :bulgy-eyes: She's totally worth it though. :in-love:

It's all worth it if it's the right one

Did family breakfast with my mom this morning. Lunch with wife's tomorrow after church. Then a week at Disney World for mine. (Timing just worked out that way.)

I'm out the door early tomorrow morning to Brueggers for bagels, then on to Yonder Farms (my bowling buddy runs the show there) for some plants and flowers, and then picking my grandmother up and bringing her to my parents' house where my sisters are making dinner.

Maybe a little Home Depot…I'm not sure I'll have enough time.

I will certainly spend several moments of alone time throughout the day thinking about my late mother as I do every day.

As for my wife, I get hit with the double whammy. Her birthday is always within a few days of Mother's Day. Birthday is the 10th and we celebrated it today since I will be out of town for business Tuesday. I hooked her up well with $1000 cash today (a $20 bill for each year of life as she will be turning 50) as well as some other surprises. I will get her favorite breakfast in the morning, a Steak and Egg Biscuit from Hardee's. Probably open her presents after breakfast then I will go play golf. We will then do an early dinner at Beef O' Brady's (Mothers eat free so it will be friendly on the wallet) then probably watch a movie tomorrow night.

Heading to my Grandmother's tomorrow to celebrate with my mother and aunts and uncles. As usual my father is staying home.

Since I can remember my uncle has brought out fried chicken for everyone, so no one has to cook. We haven't gone in the past couple years, but this year we are finally able to make it out again!

During the visit, I will be hitting balls into a slough in the middle of a field, in memory of my grandfather.

Kids made cards. Slow roasting a brisket tonight for lunch tomorrow. Also gonna make chocolate covered strawberries for wife and we have tickets to see captain america tomorrow evening.

Having dinner with Michelle's mom and family at local Officer's Club. I'm hoping it lifts my spirits after my call to my mom this morning.

Got some perkins muffins for breakfast. Her and our oldest daughter are getting mani/pedis while i watch golf at home with the baby.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Unfortunately my wife had to work today (6 hours) but when she gets home we will be heading out for dinner with my mom.

I called my Mom & mailed her card & present.
Wife didn't get anything since she isn't my mother and our dogs are unemployed without any money.

Kids and I went in on a full spa day for Lee. After all she did raise all 3 of us. Called my mom and sent flowers.

The Kingsford Commercial came to mind today at brunch. 4 people - $515 and very little booze consumed.

My wife ( mom has been gone a long time) get anything she wants today. Her answer was for me to play golf and pick up dinner on the way home. How lucky can a man get!!!

The lady friend I hosted a family BBQ last night for our two mothers and one grandmother. Sent mom home today with some chocolates and flowers.

Happy Mothers Day to all those mothers out there. Disappointed we are in Florida and not celebrating with my wife!

Daughter slept over a friend's house last night so my wife got the glorious gift of SILENCE for most of the day. The kids got her a neck pillow for car trips (she falls asleep if we're in the car for more than 10 minutes) and I got her a gift card for a pedi and a facial at a spa she loves.

We visited my mom for a few hours, then spent the rest of the afternoon with my in-laws. Relatively low key day, just the way I like 'em.

Back