JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you continue to play scuffed golf balls? Do you just play a ball until its gone or is it retired to shag bag or emergency use?

Yep, I keep playing if it's just a scuff. I'm not good enough to see a difference in performance.

Once it's scuffed it's retired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I play a ball until it is either lost or so ugly that you can't tell what brand it is.
Usually, it gets lost.
Scuffs? Sure, no problem!

I will pull it out. It is a mental thing more than anything with me.

Yep, I keep playing them too. As long as it is round I will usually play it. Unless it gets a tear or smiley face on it.

Gonzo. It's out. No sense in trying. Game is hard enough

I will most likely keep playing a scuffed ball in a casual round. If I'm playing well, or a round that means something, I will probably put it away for a shag ball.

• Admin
I will pull it out. It is a mental thing more than anything with me.

Haha. Me too. It goes in the side pocket of the bag, until I get back to the house where it goes in my practice short game bucket.

Haha. Me too. It goes in the side pocket of the bag, until I get back to the house where it goes in my practice short game bucket.

Exactly

I will play it as long as it's nit a bad/deep scuff

Retired to the shag bag

If its a minor scuff I'll keep playing it until I lose it or it is scuffed beyond playable.

To the bag until I run out of other balls, then it may get a second chance. Most of the time I give it to my son to play.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

​I can't keep playing it. Like others have said it's a mental thing.

Scuffs are a way of life for me. I aint skeert. I draw the line at fish gills

Goes in the bag for emergency use. I know I prob can't tell the difference, but I'm mental

Depends on the severity of the scuff. If bad, it is replaced. If minor, it marches on. Once it gets sidelined, it goes to what is supposed to be a practice bag that is rarely touched other than adding balls to it.

It depends on how significant the scuff is. If it's not too bad, I'll keep playing it for that round, then retire the ball to the shag bag.

If it's not too bad I'll keep using it. I'll especially pull the scuffed one out on holes where there's a chance I could lose one OB or in water.

If it is a cart path scuff or anything that really stands out, it is to the shag bag.

I don't like playing with it scuffed to where slivers are sticking out.

I sand them down on the cart strap. Works wonders.

If it's not too bad I'll keep using it. I'll especially pull the scuffed one out on holes where there's a chance I could lose one OB or in water.
I never do this. I might as well toss it OB or in the water. Unless I am in the middle of using it anyway. I never pull out a water ball or a trouble ball. It's bad luck.

A few scuffs don't bother me I'll end up loosing it soon anyway.

Back