The Rum snobs thread

I got this, this evening, should make you and Dan proud, look at me branching out.

1d58de0dc75dc9b4c2c9ca33b26b59ac.jpg

Well done, sir!

You guy gotta try this stuff. Turning me from a Scotch/Bourbon guy to to craft Rum guy real fast

Clear rum?

Drink it straight?

Interesting.

They also have a Honey and Pecan infused rum they make using local NC honey and Pecans if the clear makes u feel funny

Was helping a friend make some outriggers tonight and realized I hadn't posted the newest rum additions to the bar.

Rums by Erik, on Flickr

I enjoy a good dark & stormy every now and then. Not as big into rum as Scotch, but this is distilled near me (Newport, RI) and is one of the few I've had on the rocks and enjoyed.
ac39b86c82f3cb962867c0b50d6f85ce.jpg

Where can i get my hands on some Havana Club to try... Somebody has to have a bottle...

My favorite.

9eb6e2f7c85899c9a80c905e77ef828d.jpg

2.000hhh, interested in thos Zacapa bottles! Neve glad them but, gave had the Zacapa 23 and XO.
But mynATF is the Pyrat Cask

Do you manage to import any of the Bajan rums? Mount Gay Black Barrel and XO are favourites of mine

big fan of Dimplomatico from Venezuela too.

Have you tried any of them?

had some bacardi oakheart last week ...wow its good better then the captain i think

I don't have a "favorite" per say, but I DO enjoy rum of all sorts!

Do you manage to import any of the Bajan rums? Mount Gay Black Barrel and XO are favourites of mine

big fan of Dimplomatico from Venezuela too.

Have you tried any of them?

The Mount Gay XO is available domestically here, it's one of the wife's favorites. The Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva is another I have around.

I've stopped adding to the bar for a bit until I can relocate it, It's overgrown it's space limitations ATM and is making it beyond challenging to actually find the correct ingredients to make cocktails.

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

That's just the overflow, most of the actual liquor is actually stuffed in the bar, and in the large grey filing cabinet beside it.

I prefer to store it in a far more organized fashion such as labeled card catalog drawers.

Untitled by Erik, on Flickr

Back