Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 Irons Review

I will tell you that I will be putting these back in the bag for awhile. I always walk past them in the garage and get reminded how well they look. Gonna throw some UTx grips on them and try and get a few more rounds in with them.

I will tell you that I will be putting these back in the bag for awhile. I always walk past them in the garage and get reminded how well they look. Gonna throw some UTx grips on them and try and get a few more rounds in with them.

If you ever want to make sure these get some work in, a guy in MI LOVES these things. :call-me:

If you ever want to make sure these get some work in, a guy in MI LOVES these things. :call-me:

You're second in line. :alien:

You're second in line. :alien:

My back. GregDan's knife. Jman rooting him on.

Great things are worth the wait, and these are definitely worth it.

You guys might have to have a death match just to pry them out of my cold dead hands. Haha

You guys might have to have a death match just to pry them out of my cold dead hands. Haha

Would be a terrifying battle. There would be many innocents that would fall.

Hahahaha

They're on my watch list now again, if I ever see a set for a song, I'll likely jump.

Hahahaha

They're on my watch list now again, if I ever see a set for a song, I'll likely jump.
I bet. Would be fun to watch. Haha

I should probably go regrip these suckered if I am gonna take them for a run tomorrow.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife.

Hahahaha

I'm watching two, one of which is singing to me.

So I threw these in the bag for the rest of the year, wanting to add a little to the awesome review James did earlier. While today was the first round in awhile with these I will be putting together a review of my own here in the next month. Not to deter from James' review but maybe to give another point of view.

Initial thoughts coming from the Callaway Apex Pros:

-The audible feedback with these is pretty amazing. Mishits are easy to hear and flushed shots are just as good as my Callaway's

- The profile is really great. Compact with just a bit of heft to let you know these things mean business.

-The black PVD finish is just sexy.

There will be more to come but from jut today I know these will perform like any players iron out there. What really surprised me was distance off of mishits. I didn't have my best today but I still ended up hitting 11 greens today. All they wanted to do was go long and straight and I cannot complain with that. While I don't think I have the best shaft choice in there, it's hard to tell with the colder weather and not having my best swing all day.

As with James, any questions that I can answer please feel free to ask and I would be happy to help.

That finish is awesome, for some reason I keep craving these! I wonder how the long term wear would be on it.

That finish is awesome, for some reason I keep craving these! I wonder how the long term wear would be on it.

It's pretty freaking awesome. I'll take some pics and show you the wear.

I hit these several times during a 3 day multi OEM demo event earlier this year. The M3s were consistently the best feeling/performing irons out of all of the OEMs. They were not the longest that I hit (I'm a shortknocker) but I would gladly game the M3 over that distance focused iron.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forgot to post these the other day. Sorry. Hopefully this shows you the wear on these bad boys.

b22eaa2972ce7dece09151cebe129cec.jpg

f0b6ce4bce7852d6321b78fc19dad7e1.jpg

Ugh. 2nd in line and not close enough. Glad to see those bad boys getting some action GregDan. Lookin solid too.

Why do you guys keep tempting me by bumping this thread.

They're wearing nicely GregDan!

I'm seriously looking at trading my set of Adams CMB's for a set of these. I would think these will have a solid step more forgiveness, and the stock shaft should play pretty nicely for my swing at around 110g in the regular (vs the 120g KBS Tour S in my CMB's that I don't have the swing speed for).

I'm seriously looking at trading my set of Adams CMB's for a set of these. I would think these will have a solid step more forgiveness, and the stock shaft should play pretty nicely for my swing at around 110g in the regular (vs the 120g KBS Tour S in my CMB's that I don't have the swing speed for).

There would be some step up, but not as much as you are thinking IMO.

That said, they are really good irons.

There would be some step up, but not as much as you are thinking IMO.

That said, they are really good irons.

I know they won't be GI-like forgiveness, but just by virtue of the design w/ a pocket cavity vs. the muscle-cavity of the CMB's I'd think they'll be easier to launch. But again, I have not hit them, so you know more than I do here.. My main thing is I know for a sure thing that the lighter shaft will be a better fit.

Love black irons, love the looks of these...couldn't get past the sound and feel of these no matter what the numbers turned out on the sim for me. I don't know what it was, maybe it was just the acoustics in the simulator, but they just sounded wrong to me. The sound and feel to me made them seem almost hollow like I was hitting with wooden heads. FWIW I believe it was a club fitter head that was just screwed into the shaft instead of actually being installed like a normal set would be. I don't know if that would have much to do with it, but it could have contributed to it.

Based on the extremely positive feedback on here though, it seems I would need some on course testing with them to actually appreciate the irons.

Love black irons, love the looks of these...couldn't get past the sound and feel of these no matter what the numbers turned out on the sim for me. I don't know what it was, maybe it was just the acoustics in the simulator, but they just sounded wrong to me. The sound and feel to me made them seem almost hollow like I was hitting with wooden heads. FWIW I believe it was a club fitter head that was just screwed into the shaft instead of actually being installed like a normal set would be. I don't know if that would have much to do with it, but it could have contributed to it.

Based on the extremely positive feedback on here though, it seems I would need some on course testing with them to actually appreciate the irons.

They're def VERY clicky at impact, its very much like what I got off of the AP2's when I reviewed them.

They're def VERY clicky at impact, its very much like what I got off of the AP2's when I reviewed them.

Maybe that's it. I do get the click of the AP2, but it's not as bad. They feel a lot more sturdy through the shot. Are the M3's a lot lighter than the AP2's?

So I threw these in the bag for the rest of the year, wanting to add a little to the awesome review James did earlier. While today was the first round in awhile with these I will be putting together a review of my own here in the next month. Not to deter from James' review but maybe to give another point of view.

Initial thoughts coming from the Callaway Apex Pros:

-The audible feedback with these is pretty amazing. Mishits are easy to hear and flushed shots are just as good as my Callaway's

- The profile is really great. Compact with just a bit of heft to let you know these things mean business.

-The black PVD finish is just sexy.

There will be more to come but from jut today I know these will perform like any players iron out there. What really surprised me was distance off of mishits. I didn't have my best today but I still ended up hitting 11 greens today. All they wanted to do was go long and straight and I cannot complain with that. While I don't think I have the best shaft choice in there, it's hard to tell with the colder weather and not having my best swing all day.

As with James, any questions that I can answer please feel free to ask and I would be happy to help.

Hearing that these handle mishits without losing too much distance is really encouraging. The longer shaft length in these is a bit concerning for a guy like me, but all the more reason to try these.

I love me some AP - click so I think the feel of these would be right where I want it. Do you think shortening the shaft length to a "normal" length would have an adverse effect on the performance of these James?

What are some good comparisons for these irons?
Pro Combos? Apex Pro? DPCs?

Back