What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! Ball taken from the middle of the fairway...what?

Your ball was taken?

Yep, my SR2.

Par 5 9th, I hit a fade over the treeline edge and got the kick I wanted to the fairway, cart pulls up as I'm to the white tee box (carrying) and scoops the ball and keeps on. I yell, they wave. They're in carts and head two holes over so I'm not gonna catch them. I yell...not peasant things, and take my poison and re-tee. Proceeded to rip the clubhouse about it because they were college kids in a 6-some.

Yep, my SR2.

Par 5 9th, I hit a fade over the treeline edge and got the kick I wanted to the fairway, cart pulls up as I'm to the white tee box (carrying) and scoops the ball and keeps on. I yell, they wave. They're in carts and head two holes over so I'm not gonna catch them. I yell...not peasant things, and take my poison and re-tee. Proceeded to rip the clubhouse about it because they were college kids in a 6-some.

I think Rule 18-1 would come into play here. Read on for an explanation at this link: http://www.barryrhodes.com/2012/10/dog-takes-paul-caseys-ball.html

Specifically: Providing it is known or virtually certain that a dog, or other outside agency, took a ball, the player may replace another ball if the original ball cannot be easily retrieved, or has been rendered unfit for play (e.g. by teeth marks).

I think Rule 18-1 would come into play here. Read on for an explanation at this link: http://www.barryrhodes.com/2012/10/dog-takes-paul-caseys-ball.html

Specifically: Providing it is known or virtually certain that a dog, or other outside agency, took a ball, the player may replace another ball if the original ball cannot be easily retrieved, or has been rendered unfit for play (e.g. by teeth marks).

I assumed there was a rule, but fact is, I didn't care. I wanted to finish that 9 with THAT ball. I was -5 going into that tee shot. Replacing with another ball, to me, just wasn't what I wanted at that moment. I want to start to finish something like that.

Granted, I bet I will NEVER play a series of 4 holes like that again.

I did, but I'll leave it at that since my course only has one tree, one trap, and one puddle of water. :alien:

Cant believe you're playing such a tough track. Take it easy out there bro

Sadly, only another destructive woodpecker, although it was a very long shot. Tomorrow I've got a 12.40 tee time so I'm hoping for more birdies.

Shot a 53, but strangely enough I'm happy with it. Got off the tee every single time without issue. Was playing well (27 strokes through the first five holes) but had poor course management (and one horrendous putting hole) three of the last four where I went triple, triple, triple, bogey. Need to play inside of me. I think I did a good job the first few holes of keeping cool after bad shots, and I did a good job of keeping myself in play for a decent second shot on many holes. Yes, it's on a course I am familiar and comfortable with, but I learned some good lessons out there today. I'll be back under 100 in short order if I keep applying them. The upcoming lessons will help with that as well.

Congrats Kelly and Jman awesome work. What a%$e wipes steeling your ball. What your thoughts on the SR2?

Went out today in beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky and 17°c (62°F), no wind to affect anything. Pared the first hole, par 5 and then proceeded to hit 7 bogeys in a row and then some how managed to finish the front 9 with a birdie for a +6 42.
Back 9 started good with a birdie and then 6 pars but step onto the 17th and hook my drive into the trees and walk off that green with a double and then bogeyed the 18th to ruin a great back 9. I was -1 up till the 17th but then ended with a +2 38 back 9 for a total of 80.

I wanted to get out today for a hit as I haven't for a week and tomorrow ive got my finals match over 36 holes for our club intermediate division title. Its match play so just take each hole at a time. I really looking forward to it.

A coyote

Congrats Kelly and Jman awesome work. What a%$e wipes steeling your ball. What your thoughts on the SR2?

Went out today in beautiful weather, not a cloud in the sky and 17°c (62°F), no wind to affect anything. Pared the first hole, par 5 and then proceeded to hit 7 bogeys in a row and then some how managed to finish the front 9 with a birdie for a +6 42.
Back 9 started good with a birdie and then 6 pars but step onto the 17th and hook my drive into the trees and walk off that green with a double and then bogeyed the 18th to ruin a great back 9. I was -1 up till the 17th but then ended with a +2 38 back 9 for a total of 80.

I wanted to get out today for a hit as I haven't for a week and tomorrow ive got my finals match over 36 holes for our club intermediate division title. Its match play so just take each hole at a time. I really looking forward to it.

I've quickly become a huge fan of the SR2. If it wasn't so damn expensive, I'd snag a dozen or two to keep messing with.

I've quickly become a huge fan of the SR2. If it wasn't so damn expensive, I'd snag a dozen or two to keep messing with.
Have any b330 lying around? I'd trade you a dozen.

I assumed there was a rule, but fact is, I didn't care. I wanted to finish that 9 with THAT ball. I was -5 going into that tee shot. Replacing with another ball, to me, just wasn't what I wanted at that moment. I want to start to finish something like that.

Granted, I bet I will NEVER play a series of 4 holes like that again.

Crazy awesome dude. I had a 9 like that recently and boy was it fun. I didn't want to quit but the rain came in and couldn't finish. I was pretty upset.

Just wish that game was at the Bear trap. Haha

Shot PB 77 with two triple bogeys and a double. Two 3-putts. 5 birdies.

Shot a 42 with a blowup 9th last night after work. ShouldWouldaCoulda been < 40. Oh well, that's the game.

Shot a disappointing 46. I was going to play 18 but right after the turn the skies opened up.

Solid putting for me as I didn't have any 3 putts but I struggled off the tee (hit 1 FW). Also had a few topped shots/mental errors at critical moments.

Outside of the toppers I hit some quality iron shots which means my work on the range has come in handy.

85 today cold start with a triple and a double (darn trees) mixed in. Two nice birdies though. One putted my first four holes in a row, which was nice.

Did not putt well today, wasn't getting my eyes over the ball and shot 77.

44/45 for an 89 today. Righted the ship that is my game off the tee, but my iron play right now is dismal. Putting better, and I'm still pretty happy with my wedges, but just not great play in the middle right now.

I had a glorious round going but had to cut it short to go to a football game. 4 under after 7 holes before I had to end it. Tomorrow I won't be able to make a birdie!

+7, 77 today in the rain on a course I never played before

The grip change is working and I couldn't be happier!

43 with 18 putts 2 one putts 2 3 jacks.

42/42=84 with 23 putts

41/39=80. Just a few miscues, but very pleased with the round. Probably a good round because of the group we had out there this weekend.

47-42/89

Horrendous front 9 with nothing going right.

I simply can't afford to not swing a golf club for two weeks and expect to play decent golf right off the bat. Lesson learned for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back