Which do you prefer and why?

Q.1
  1. A short breaking downhill putt of less than 6 feet
  2. An average length putt with a double break
  3. A 75 foot putt
Q.2
  1. Standing inside a bunker and your ball is outside the bunker
  2. Standing outside the bunker and your ball is in the bunker

wow good questions diane. 1 on the first question because all I have to do is get it online and the speed will take care of itself and it's only 6 ft. away. q2 I hate both scenarios but I would go with 2 because I'm more familiar with that shot. I don't like the idea of the ball being at chest level. I would rather reach a little more and dig out the ball below my feet.

wow good questions diane. 1 on the first question because all I have to do is get it online and the speed will take care of itself and it's only 6 ft. away.

I think most people would agree, but I also think a lot of them would just aim for the back of the whole and try to ram it in on a short putt. I probably would. LOL

#1 on the first question because it is the easier of the three to make, percentage wise.....for me

#2 on the second question, again because it is the easier of the two to hit with control, and accuracy .....for me.

Q.1
  3. A 75 foot putt
Q.2

Here I go again, Diane.

#1 is easy... the 6 footer. Uphill, downhill, sidehill, doesn't matter.

#2 IT DEPENDS. :D How far is the sand below the level of the grass? How deep is the rough? Most times I'm going to go for the ball outside of the bunker, but if the ball is at waist level in 6 inch rough, then I want it in the sand.

1 and 1. I feel I'd have a better chance of executing those shots successfully.

Q.1
    [*]An average length putt with a double break
    [*]A 75 foot putt
Q.2
    [*]Standing outside the bunker and your ball is in the bunker

I dont mind double breakers but im not always successful with them.
In bunkers I dont like hitting the ball when its below my feet.

Snakes eyes.

Kevin

Here I go again, Diane.

#1 is easy... the 6 footer. Uphill, downhill, sidehill, doesn't matter.

#2 IT DEPENDS. :D How far is the sand below the level of the grass? How deep is the rough? Most times I'm going to go for the ball outside of the bunker, but if the ball is at waist level in 6 inch rough, then I want it in the sand.

Good grief. I made sure to note that the short putt was downhill because of you Fourputt. I neglected to give Q.2 the same attention.

Q.1
  3. A 75 foot putt
Q.2

I would have to say:

1: An average length putt with a double break
Why? Downhill putts I tend to roll to far past the hole if I miss, and 75 footers are tough to judge speed on to say the least.

2: Standing inside a bunker and your ball is outside the bunker
Why?
I have an easier time choking up on the club and hitting a ball above my feet than trying to stay down through a swing on a ball well below my feet.

Q1. 1) Because that is the putt I have most confidence with.

Q2. 1) Because the ball above your feet is always a better situation out of the two.

#2 for me because if it's an average lenght and average amount of double break just split the difference and work on speed.

#1 Always easier for me to choke up and get a good forward swing to the hole.

Q.1
  3. A 75 foot putt

1. An average length putt with a double break because its an easy putt. All you have to do is hit it straight and the ball should either drop in the hole or be very close, allowing you a simple tap-in on your 2nd putt.
Q.2
Standing in the bunker. I struggle with hitting the ball way fat on sand shots. You can put me in some of the deepest, nastiest rough you can imagine and I can usually muscle the ball out and at least come up with a decent shot. In the sand though, Im downright comical.

#2 on question one. I find watching a putt snake its way across the green and then dropping a really rewarding thing. Knowing you judged multiple breaks perfectly.

#2 on question two...i find it easier to choke down on clubs and play rather than squatting awkwardly.

1 and 1

Back