Who else has done this this year?

askthejak

Reaction score
Handicap
So I took aim at the flag on a longer par 3 with my Cobra Baffler 3H. I take a swing, and the next thing I know, my club is light. Shaft snapped right at the hosel- bam. Club is toast- reshafting costs more than I paid for the club.

Nope- can't say I have?!?! But I saw Charles Barkley do it on "The Hank Haney Project".

sounds like you either have a 200mph swing speed, or you got a defective club.

Can't say that has ever happened to me.

I'd either take it back to the shop where you got it from, and ask them to help, or give the folks at Cobra a call and see if they have a procedure for getting this fixed. If you bought it used, or off of Ebay, you're on your own.

http://www.cobragolf.com/corporate/contact.asp

Reshafting may cost more, but if you really like the club, and hit it well, it'd be worth it to reshaft. You don't have to spend a fortune on a new shaft, there are loads of great shafts out there for just about any budget or pricepoint.

Not this year, but a couple years ago on the driving range with my Great Big Bertha. Club was 5 years old, called Callaway, sent it to them and they reshafted it for me. Great customer service!

I can honestly say I have never broken the shaft of a golf club. In my younger days I have caved in a few club faces after using the club for a long time. Most of the shafts I have seen broken on the course by others, has been out of anger more than anything else. :comp:

Not this year, but I have, twice. A brand new Adams fairway wood, and an older Cleveland driver. Both snapped at the hosel. That problem is that I used them both at the driving range quite a bit, a driving range which used cement-hard carpets on the tee. Since I was a hitter of fat shots as a general matter, the poor little graphite shafts couldn't take it. Interestingly, though, each club broke on a very pure shot. The Adams 5 wood was particularly lovely -- the ball went about 210 straight. Only problem was that the head followed it.

Not this year. 2007 with a 7i. It was a clean hit too.

Had it happen to the 3w that came in my old Acuity set, wasn't even swinging it when it happened. Bag was on my pull cart & as I was walking down the fairway I noticed the headcover looked odd. Went to pull it off & the head came along with it, snapped off clean at the hosel without me even swinging it.

Not this year, but about two years ago my junior Nike driver head flew off after a swing. The club head went about 80 yds, and that was my longest drive for a long time, lol.

I've done it a couple of times. I think two or three times with a driver, and once with a three wood. Haven't had it happen since.

my driver head flew off in mid swing a few months ago...

That happened a while ago with one of my Cobras as well. A driver, though. Luckily I know a guy, and he fixed it for me for nothing!

happened to me once. Aldila replaced the shaft for free

Yeah, got the thing off ebay, so I am screwed on the deal. I liked that club too, and it was an Aldila Proto "By You"- decent shaft.

I picked up an old TM Rescue mid 3H out of the used rack when I decided not to reshaft the Cobra. I have been hitting that thing out of my mind. It has a short shaft- almost like it was cut down- I am talking like 6 iron length, and is regular shaft. It is just perfect to play an aggressive lag with and hit the ball a mile. I kid you not I hit that thing to 170 yards out on a hole playing 426- this is a 19* hybrid. The ball just flies off the clubface. I am looking into getting my 2H set up the same.

Back