The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They absolutely can. The defense has to stay home and cover their spots well.
They have to run the ball well and keep that defense rested.
And they have to take their shots when they get the opportunity.

And protect the ball! Fumbles from Murray and INT from Romo will kill their chances.

Interesting fact I heard on NFL Radio today. Dallas Cowboys defense is last in the league in yards allowed per play. Just shows how important their run game and ball control offense is.

What viable QB would they be able to get? They aren't going to suck enough to get Hundley, Winston, or Mariota. They don't need another project QB.

Sorry not sure how I missed this.

By my count we win 6 games max. I agree we don't need another project, that puts us in a top 10 spot drafting. Looking at the bottom of the league and teams that prob will draft before us, those teams (Oak, Jax, NYJ, CLE, Was) don't need a QB.

We will be fighting TB & STL for QB needs and think we trade up to get a QB (hopefully not Winston) it wouldn't shock me to see a trade involving AJ & pick(s) to move up.

I find it difficult to watch a pro football game from start to finish these days. Even the Superbowl. I guess it's because most of my heroes are dead. Back when I was in high school the loosest cannons in the league were Hornung, Karras, Namath, Lance Rentzel and Jim Brown (when he wasn't throwing women off of balconies). Today half the league are convicted felons, or should be. Really who needs it. Someone scores a routine TD and I have to watch a Watusi in the end zone. Chuck Noll made the observation some 35 years ago....there is a certain criminal element in the game. As for me, the game has gone completely ghetto.

Sorry not sure how I missed this.

By my count we win 6 games max. I agree we don't need another project, that puts us in a top 10 spot drafting. Looking at the bottom of the league and teams that prob will draft before us, those teams (Oak, Jax, NYJ, CLE, Was) don't need a QB.

We will be fighting TB & STL for QB needs and think we trade up to get a QB (hopefully not Winston) it wouldn't shock me to see a trade involving AJ & pick(s) to move up.

Of those teams, I'd argue that only Jacksonville doesn't take a QB if one of the Top 3 (right now) are still on the board. Cleveland needs one, but they wont take one after grabbing Johnny Bench in 2014.

I find it difficult to watch a pro football game from start to finish these days. Even the Superbowl. I guess it's because most of my heroes are dead. Back when I was in high school the loosest cannons in the league were Hornung, Karras, Namath, Lance Rentzel and Jim Brown (when he wasn't throwing women off of balconies). Today half the league are convicted felons, or should be. Really who needs it. Someone scores a routine TD and I have to watch a Watusi in the end zone. Chuck Noll made the observation some 35 years ago....there is a certain criminal element in the game. As for me, the game has gone completely ghetto.

"Get off my lawn" lol

I'm obviously of the younger generation, have never been arrested, in trouble, etc. but can see that argument and why it would turn folks of an older generation off

Of those teams, I'd argue that only Jacksonville doesn't take a QB if one of the Top 3 (right now) are still on the board. Cleveland needs one, but they wont take one after grabbing Johnny Bench in 2014.

Oak won't do it with Carr, Cle won't bc of jfootball, Jax won't bc of bortles, I forgot tenn, but word is they like mettenburger.

Maybe the NYJ get thrown into the mix bc Geno is well, Geno.

Oak won't do it with Carr, Cle won't bc of jfootball, Jax won't bc of bortles, I forgot tenn, but word is they like mettenburger.

Maybe the NYJ get thrown into the mix bc Geno is well, Geno.

If (when) oakland fires their GM after the season, the new GM will want his own QB

Interesting fact I heard on NFL Radio today. Dallas Cowboys defense is last in the league in yards allowed per play. Just shows how important their run game and ball control offense is.

Also giving up over 5 yards per rushing attempt. Marshawn Lynch is going to feast on them on Sunday.

If (when) oakland fires their GM after the season, the new GM will want his own QB

While probably true, I don't see them giving up on Carr this soon especially when they haven't given him a run game or oline

Sounds like some of your hero's would be no better then the players of today.

The world has changed, what player use to be able to get away with, they can't anymore.

What use to be acceptable isn't. Doing drugs, drinking alchohol, sleeping with many women, hitting women, hitting kids, these were sadly all things that were acceptable at one point.

They are not anymore, add in the advent of social media, and news (and people) that feed off of disasters and other people's plight.

And here we are.

None of it is right, but it's more exposed now, and people have changed their opinion of some of the acts.

The guys I mentioned above were not my heroes. Meredith, Unitas, Nitschke, Sayers, those were the heroes. In today's NFL an arrest happens almost daily. For every loose cannon from 50 years ago there are about 25 loose cannons today. No comparison.

Need a hero.....Jason Witten. He makes up for the shenanigans all by himself.

The guys I mentioned above were not my heroes. Meredith, Unitas, Nitschke, Sayers, those were the heroes. In today's NFL an arrest happens almost daily. For every loose cannon from 50 years ago there are about 25 loose cannons today. No comparison.

How much of that perception is just a byproduct of modern "real time" reporting and social media as opposed to the old guys being better people and new guys being worse people? The nfl wasn't the big deal then that it is today and not covered nearly as closely. No 24 hr coverage from multiple channels and websites, etc.

Not only that, but 25 years ago Peterson wouldn't have been arrested for what he did, odds are Rice wouldn't have either.

Times have changed, do you think Joe Namath would have gotten away with what he did in today's world?

Last edited:
Let's go Brownies

Not sure the Dolphins defense was even on the field during the first drive for the Packers. That 80 yard drive was way too easy.

The Panthers offense is painful to watch.

Nice catch by Kelvin Benjamin on that TD.

It was. However they got away with murder to still have the ball. Absolutely horrible call.

Man steelers run defense is shutting down tate so far.

Dolphins run defense is good.

Ahh the usual first half stale browns offense

-8 yards so far

The defense was on the field for that drive Ary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back