Question about Taylormade M1 driver

JD19

Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone know what the M1 driver (460) head weigh? Can someone weight just the head and let me know what you find? I've looked all over and can't find a spec. I ask because I know they built the crown with carbon fiber so they could add weight to the bottom but I don't like lite driver heads. Also the shafts that Taylormade offers all seem to be on the heavy side and I'm trying to narrow down a handful of shafts (and shaft weights) that might work well for me. Thanks in advance!

bf72870a53541369b11e9d00118552ab.jpg

Question about Taylormade M1 driver

I have a 2 of them. One weighs 201.3 the other is 198.6. I also have an M2 that weighs 197.0

All three were purchased with 60g shafts at stock length. Adding weight to any of them is $9 for the right aftermarket weight. For the M1 I just put lead tape in the rear channel, but they do sell aftermarket weights for that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! That is heavier than I thought. That confirms that I need to stay on the lighter side with shaft selections.

mine came in at 201.6

Mine weighed in at 199. I have no idea what the average driver head out there weighs.

Maybe try the 430 head instead to stick with your normal weight shaft. I usually am not a person to buy a 430cc driver, but am gaming one now and really like it. I don't notice any difference in forgiveness vs. the 460, if anything I feel I hit the sweet spot more with the smaller head.

Maybe try the 430 head instead to stick with your normal weight shaft. I usually am not a person to buy a 430cc driver, but am gaming one now and really like it. I don't notice any difference in forgiveness vs. the 460, if anything I feel I hit the sweet spot more with the smaller head.

Thanks, I have thought about that but haven't hit the 430 yet, I will now.

I'm getting older and losing swing speed over the last couple of years. Right now I'm in the neighborhood of 100-103hph and that is with my current driver @ 335 grams total. I know soon I'll have to drop back from a stiff to a regular shaft also, just not there yet.

Last edited:
Back