Your Biggest Improvement This Year?

Biggest improvement? Irons/approach shots.

Overall ball striking has improved...
Shot shape has transformed to a fairly consistent draw, miss is now a hook. This is huge. Before this year I was always a Fade/Push/Slice player. I literally couldn't hit a draw with a gun to my head...something just clicked this year.

My biggest improvement with my game this year occurred within the last month. I've been hitting my 3W off the deck with much more success than I've had in the past.

In terms of scoring, reducing lost balls really keeping the ball in front of me.

It looks like there have been some great improvements this year! I've had one other major improvement over the past couple of months. In the past I would go in spurts where my driving was good, or my short game was fantastic but they were never good at the same time. Just when one improved, the other fell apart. I've been able to put everything together consistently now. Much less stress...

I stopped trying to draw the ball every shot and embraced thefade. I would have to turn sideways to miss a fairway now. As for irons, it just feels so natural. The biggest issue for me is eliminating miss hits. For me there's no better feeling knowing you will not hook the ball. As for losing distance playing a fade, not that big an issue. If you know your yardage for every club, you're all set. You can go hard at it, because you wont hook, and get very consistent distance.

I laugh when people say you'll loose distance playing a fade. There's a whole industry that makes clubs that go "17 yards farther" if you need more.

Great idea for a thread.

It seems like for me it is becoming less 'flippy'. However that's something I've worked on for only 2 months...and in golf something that appears to be improved over a short time frame can always rear its ugly head again.

...so for me, in terms of scoring, I'll go with pitch and chip shots. Much better at those shots. Those were s real weakness in my game, and now they are probably at lthe very east average.

Quite happy with my chipping and pitching. Need to work more on dialing in my wedge distances between 30 and 100 yards so I bought Pelz's book.

My biggest improvement has been in my pitching and chipping. The last round I played I got up and down for par 6 of 7 times - at the beginning of the year I was getting up and down about 25% of the time

Definitely pitch shots inside 100 yards.

Definitely pitch shots inside 100 yards.

I was just gonna say this. By far my best improvement. I used to be awful from 80-110. Either come up way short or nuke 60. Now I try and leave myself right around 100. Throwing darts with the wedge now. Such a good feeling!

I was just gonna say this. By far my best improvement. I used to be awful from 80-110. Either come up way short or nuke 60. Now I try and leave myself right around 100. Throwing darts with the wedge now. Such a good feeling!

Which is scary.

For me, I would say my putting has improved the most. I've made more long putts this year than in years past and have really developed a sense of confidence with the putter

My iron striking has improved immensely since the beginning of this season. After 3 years of playing, I finally feel like I'm starting to get it when it comes to swing feels, and I'm slowly seeing that move from the range to the course. Driver is still all over the place, but I'm far more confident with an iron in my hands now than I was in April/May.

It would have to be my chipping around the green. Probably because I've has too much live practice at it on the course! :)

This year...my driver. The big improvement came just about 2 months ago. I had been kind of struggling with the driver all season. Distance loss, accuracy issues and just overall inconsistency were really bugging the crap out of me. Then 2 months ago, I was on the driving range before a round with a friend that I hadn't played with since last season. I was spraying the driver around and he says, "what are you doing, why is your right shoulder higher than your left at address....you don't normally do that." I didn't realize that I was doing that, so I started tipping my shoulders in the correct manner and BOOM ! I am now hitting more fairways than ever, my distance has returned and I love hitting the driver again !

Now that golf season is winding down I would have to call it a tie between my driver and my short game around the green. I have hit more fairways this year than I probably hit the last 2 years combined and I am chipping and pitching the ball closer than I ever had (still needs more work for sure). Hopefully I can bring it all together at some point, sheesh.

My biggest would have to be my iron play? I am really loving these Adams CB3's and my elbows and wrists don't hurt anymore. I have seen that directly translate to better ball striking and lower scores.

Short game by far for me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest improvement has been my putting stroke and lag putts. My tempo is now solidified in a pre putt routine that I follow every putt which is not something I normally do. Now if I can just get my wedge play improved I could do some damage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Short putts. Used to dread them. 3' were scary for me. After I took a lesson and bought my seemore putter, that has turned into a strength of my game.

This year...my driver. The big improvement came just about 2 months ago. I had been kind of struggling with the driver all season. Distance loss, accuracy issues and just overall inconsistency were really bugging the crap out of me. Then 2 months ago, I was on the driving range before a round with a friend that I hadn't played with since last season. I was spraying the driver around and he says, "what are you doing, why is your right shoulder higher than your left at address....you don't normally do that." I didn't realize that I was doing that, so I started tipping my shoulders in the correct manner and BOOM ! I am now hitting more fairways than ever, my distance has returned and I love hitting the driver again !

It is totally bizarre how little stuff like that creeps into ones swing from out of nowhere it seems isn't it! Stupid game!

Back