Do You Know How To Score?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thinking about a couple of rounds recently and noticed where my scoring came from and whether or not I had my A game or not. Speaking to a couple of different people we got talking about hitting the ball well vs scoring. Do you think you know how to score?

I know how to, but don't always go with the higher percentage shot to score. So I guess I would have to say no. Then again sometimes it seems I can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Not getting in my own head and actually using it would be of great benefit to the scoring.

Do I know how? I think so when I am talking about things.

That said in a real round no I don't think I am that good at it I don't use my head and try and force a good bit

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nope. I could shoot par with how I am driving the ball lately but approach shots and greenside game need a ton of work still. I'm getting better, but I still need a lot of work there.

I don't know how to score. I know what not to do to put up big numbers, but I really don't know how to capitalize on opportunities to put up lower scores.

I am a better scorer than ball striker. Nobody is ever wowed by my ball striking but I normally end up with a pretty decent score.

Have a decent idea.....but seem to screw it up too often.

I think I know how to do it but sometimes i try for the Hero shot rather than the high % which seems to cost me more shots than it saves me but it is more fun

I know how to score, but if I'm not striking my shots well it doesn't matter anyway, since I won't be in a good position to.

This is an issue for me this year. I think I used to have better feel around the greens and that imo is one of the biggest keys to scoring.

I know that for the most part I am getting myself in good position off the tee but am not taking advantage of any opportunities.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

No not really.

I score well when I really work on my putting and get the confidence that I will sink everything from 10-12 feet in. I really need to practice 3 times a week to achieve this and don't have the time at the moment.

For me its chipping and putting

Do You Know How To Score?

Obviously I'm missing something. I have people tell me there is no way I should be a double digit handicap. But yet I am. So I'm missing something, let me go over to course management thread and bear myself up more.

More or less I do. So far this season the birdies haven't shown up nearly as much as last year. Every once in a while I will play the red tees as well and see how many birdies and how low you can go. For me the secret to my scoring is get within 30 yards of every par 5 in 2. Use Driver on short par 4's unless there is a good reason not to. Don't be afraid to run your putt 3-5 feet past if that is the best way to take the break out and not have to give the hole away. Know where you can miss off the tee that won't result in a recovery shot.

I wish I could say yes. It something I'm working on and need to learn how to

I actually don't think I do. I feel like this unfortunately isn't a great skill I possess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how to score well, but I'm usually ok at keeping big numbers off the card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, but it didn't show today. My short game let me down a little. Need to be more aggressive. Still adjusting to my new clubs.

I think so, I generally know how to get the most out of my capabilities and know when a risk is not worth it.

Not sure I do, I don't take a chance unless I am very confident I can make the shot. I think at this point in my game I am more confident in making par and throwing in the occasional birdie.

i am not sure what the question means. If we are talking about how to make a birdie when you need one, then no (well, maybe I know but can't execute it). If we are talking about stuff like taking no worse than bogey, then yes I do know how.

Back