great shot - thanks

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you thank a playing partner when you receive a complement after a shot or a put?

If you do not receive a thank you after you complement a shot do you think any less of the person?

I ask because I don't always give a thanks, just accept the complement and go on.

Yep, I always acknowledge it and say thank you, its not in me to ignore someone giving a compliment.

I try to say thanks as much as I can. Sure I haven't here and there

Always say "Thanks" every time, without fail. If someone goes out of their way to give me a compliment, then it would be rude to not acknowledge it.

I try to always say Thank you.

Always, why wouldn't you???

Always, why wouldn't you???

I do a lot of the time, but lately, I don't know - you hit the shot good you know it. I also know that the next shot is just as likely to be awful.

Always, and I acknowledge a good shot too.

I try to say thanks every time. Always have and always will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always give some sort of thanks verbal or head nod. No reason not to even if the shot isn't the best you can make. Now if someone is giving me the good shot on a bad shot I will make the little neh shake of head and say it will be short or what not. I always try to make the good shots I say based off his skill level, gets annoying when someone says good shot every time you hit a green from 100 yards even when it leaves a 40 foot putt. That said no reason not to acknowledge it, basic courtesy.

my friend and I were talking about this not long ago. he always has something negative to say after a compliment. "nice shot bud." "actually it wasn't, I hit it a little heavy." or something similar every single time.

I always acknowledge the compliment. if I never get complimented even though I hit some decent shots, I do think a little less of the person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always say thanks and will compliment my playing partners and opponents alike after a good shot.

Yep, I always acknowledge it and say thank you, its not in me to ignore someone giving a compliment.

Nice post

I always says "thanks" in response unless it is the guy who says it after every shot regardless of what the shot was like.

Absolutely try to acknowledge it someway somehow

Just like any compliment in life, I acknowledge it. Why wouldn't you?

Always give a thank you and compliment good shots.

I'll always try to praise a nice shot, and I will always do some sort of acknowledgement or thank you if someone says something positive to me. I try to be like that in any part of life though, not just golf.

I'm sure I neglect to say it from time to time, but I can't think of any reason I would intentionally not say thank you.

I will sometimes point out that it was just a lucky miss.

I always try to compliment my playing partners shots and thank them when they compliment mine. Of course, I give more compliments that I get but that is beside the point.

I always say thanks. No reason not to.

I'll always say thanks.

I'll always say or recognize a great shot and I'm not that fragile to worry about a response

Back