The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 undefeated teams now

Will be at most 4 after the weekend.

With 2 of those teams meeting at the end of November.

Will be interesting to see which 1 loss teams make it into the playoff and if it continues to be the situation where the earlier you lose the better

I bet the early losses will have less impact than in the past. I would be shocked if there are more than 2 undefeated teams come playoff season. If I had to take a guess I would say just 1, FSU.

I see it lining up well for the winner of ND - FSU Sat. night as the only undefeated left standing at the end of the season. Other 3 I believe will be a 2 one loss SEC teams (Miss State, Miss, Auburn, Bama) and a one loss Oklahoma. If only one SEC teams makes it through with one loss, a one loss Michigan State gets the nod over a two loss SEC team.

And in the end, it will likely be a completely different scenario than above....

I see it lining up well for the winner of ND - FSU Sat. night as the only undefeated left standing at the end of the season. Other 3 I believe will be a 2 one loss SEC teams (Miss State, Miss, Auburn, Bama) and a one loss Oklahoma. If only one SEC teams makes it through with one loss, a one loss Michigan State gets the nod over a two loss SEC team.

And in the end, it will likely be a completely different scenario than above....

If I had to take a wag at it, I would say
Fsu
Ole miss
Oklahoma
Oregon.

But it could be none of those teams and I wouldn't be shocked

I'm ready to see all of the complaining when the 5th team gets left out. A 4 team playoff is a slight improvement, but the first team out will always piss and moan no matter how many teams will be in the playoff. I think it should be at least an 8 team playoff. Just not sure how feasible it is schedule-wise.

I bet the early losses will have less impact than in the past. I would be shocked if there are more than 2 undefeated teams come playoff season. If I had to take a guess I would say just 1, FSU.

Yeah I think FSU is 1 for sure and at most 1 more and thats it

It should be conference champions.

Everyone who wins a conference championship gets into a playoff. Require a championship game.

Who could complain about that? Don't win your conference, don't get a chance.

Being negligent leading to a student dying so he could video a practice....

Let's not compare those two situations.

I can understand an FSU fan wanting to defend his school. But there's frankly no defense for how FSU has responded to Winston. Zero.

To compare FSU's antics to a situation involving an accidental death is also in poor taste.

Let's not compare those two situations.

I can understand an FSU fan wanting to defend his school. But there's frankly no defense for how FSU has responded to Winston. Zero.

To compare FSU's antics to a situation involving an accidental death is also in poor taste.

Did I say anything about Winston? His post was about schools having stricter guidelines and addressing issues. Directly causing the death of a student and it basically being brushed aside is a pretty big issue to me. Has nothing to do with Winston. But thats neither here not there. I forgot about me wishing this thread never existed so I will once again bow out.

Did I say anything about Winston? His post was about schools having stricter guidelines and addressing issues. Directly causing the death of a student and it basically being brushed aside is a pretty big issue to me. Has nothing to do with Winston. But thats neither here not there. I forgot about me wishing this thread never existed so I will once again bow out.

You made reference to the ND death incident in response to a comment about FSU handling issues with its athletes.

Stop Jerseying up this thread.

It should be conference champions.

Everyone who wins a conference championship gets into a playoff. Require a championship game.

Who could complain about that? Don't win your conference, don't get a chance.

That would only work if you had at large bids. And what conferences get in? A win in a lackluster big 10 or ACC conference should not carry the same weight as a 2nd place finish in the SEC, as much as I hate to admit it.

The SEC would have a legit complaint IMO. The top 3 teams in the west maybe even 4 could win just about every other conference.

The SEC would have a legit complaint IMO. The top 3 teams in the west maybe even 4 could win just about every other conference.

Thats debatable.

The truth of the matter always comes back to the same thing. As long as there is not an outside body setting schedules, in the end it will always be bullsh!t.

Is it? You are telling me Miss State Ole Miss Auburn couldn't win the big 10? Big 12? Pac 12? I am not saying it's a given but I would like their odds

Is it? You are telling me Miss State Ole Miss Auburn couldn't win the big 10? Big 12? Pac 12? I am not saying it's a given but I would like their odds

Maybe they would. Maybe they wouldnt. Last year the dominance was in effect and that is all we heard about. Then the bowl games started.

FSU beat Auburn
Oklahoma beat Alabama
South Carolina beat Wisconsin (it was not lopsided)
Texas A&M beat Duke (it was very close)
LSU beat a bad Iowa team (it was very close)

Its not as black and white as people make it seem, sometimes because the SEC fans are more vocal than others. Other times because the past says that it is accurate and they are the most dominant. However until its no longer about "not needing out of conference, because each week is so tough", nobody will ever really know the truth.

It would be very easy to have the schedules done (most of them are anyway) and make 2 out of conference games done (by the NCAA) and truly find out who is the best. Create a playoff just like the NFL with wild card teams (which would go to the best conference of course). But there are conferences that would never go for that, because the truth gets heard. They cant pad against Bumfuq Tech East and run up the score 4 times (just twice). (All conferences, not just SEC).

I agree about the scheduling.. I am far from an SEC fan also, but I think if you have an undefeated and a 1 loss sec team from the west both deserve to go.

I agree about the scheduling.. I am far from an SEC fan also, but I think if you have an undefeated and a 1 loss sec team from the west both deserve to go.

Maybe...But in true college football fashion, the only way the playoffs in this way really work is if you give conference champions the right to go for the title.
Dont like it (some school), move to a conference you say is easier.

Right now the conferences are a joke. There is absolutely no point in even being in one outside of money. Because better money and TV deal is available by being an independent and you still have a shot at the big trophy.

You are preaching to the choir brother. I agree with everything you have said

That would only work if you had at large bids. And what conferences get in? A win in a lackluster big 10 or ACC conference should not carry the same weight as a 2nd place finish in the SEC, as much as I hate to admit it.

Well I meant expand the playoffs (I've never been fond of a 4 team, it's better then the bcs, but barely.)

Get all the power 5 conferences then 3 bids for the remaining conferences.

Conferences would have to expand, Notre Dame would be forced to join a conference so we don't have to deal with their uniqueness.

FSU now looking into Winston autographs. :yawn: To no surprise to anybody, Jimbo says there is nothing to it and he will miss no time for either that or the code of conduct hearing even though it sounds like an authenticator has seen large lots come in like the Gurley situation.

seehearspeaknoevil_zps9981870b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like that counter needs reset Nate.

If I were an NFL team I wouldn't touch that kid.

Was jameis there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back